Sponsored

Whipple Final Concerns Post Install

v8ter

Typing...
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MUSTANG GT 2015 50TH
Hang tight with your hesitation issue, I'm testing a modification to the bypass sent to me by Whipple. Give me a couple more days to test this out to say for sure, but the early results are really looking good. It's a real simple and brilliant fix as well.

Im intrested in this as well
Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
Hang tight with your hesitation issue, I'm testing a modification to the bypass sent to me by Whipple. Give me a couple more days to test this out to say for sure, but the early results are really looking good. It's a real simple and brilliant fix as well.
Following this too! I'm only a couple hours from Fresno and could test something if they needed.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
subd' after coupe days of driving. I do feel that hesitation/lag... I'm in for solutions =)

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
I don't have any hesitation/lag with the 6A that I would consider out of the ordinary. When I really want to get it on, I put it in track/Sport mode. The shifting is pretty much on point, and I find myself in the gear/RPM range I want to be in - especially on the highway.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Whipple always comes through. Emailed last night and comes back with a solution today. Hope this works out

Sponsored

involutions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Whipple always comes through. Emailed last night and comes back with a solution today. Hope this works out

82EEB1DD-4444-49C2-8A65-DA8EF3FBA9EF_zpspnq7z3j7.png
I know this is an old thread, but has this been resolved? My car does this, with a 2019 manufacture stage 1 kit that was just installed...

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I know this is an old thread, but has this been resolved? My car does this, with a 2019 manufacture stage 1 kit that was just installed...
Call Whipple directly. When I installed mine I called them several times and they will walk you through any issues. Good luck!

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Been around the block a couple times on this one. It’s an enigma in that some cars have and some don’t, but it’s related only to manuals.

The restrictor didn’t work, neither did the decals to fix it. Mostly this is due to calibrations issues associated with carb compliance for cat protection and inability to lower when power enrichment comes in. Unfortunately they can’t moves those numbers enough with violating the carb standards.

In my experience it all went away with PBD calibration.

involutions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Been around the block a couple times on this one. It’s an enigma in that some cars have and some don’t, but it’s related only to manuals.

The restrictor didn’t work, neither did the decals to fix it. Mostly this is due to calibrations issues associated with carb compliance for cat protection and inability to lower when power enrichment comes in. Unfortunately they can’t moves those numbers enough with violating the carb standards.

In my experience it all went away with PBD calibration.
Hey Shawn,
Thanks for the info. I bought the Whipple because of the torque by gear ability, so I'm hoping they can fix this, but they aren't being very responsive or helpful so far. If not, I'll end up going back to stock.

Did your OPG break before or after your supercharger was installed?
I'm in Maine as well.
Stay warm.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Hey Shawn,
Thanks for the info. I bought the Whipple because of the torque by gear ability, so I'm hoping they can fix this, but they aren't being very responsive or helpful so far. If not, I'll end up going back to stock.

Did your OPG break before or after your supercharger was installed?
I'm in Maine as well.
Stay warm.
Wow...another Maine man here we are far and few between. I’m in Fort Kent My OPG failed the first summer I put the Whipple in Just banging some gears. Aftermarket balancer likely contributed to the failure.

No going back to stock once you’ve tasted boost my friend. Anyway like you I wanted the boost by gears, it does work but I never ended up using it and best thing I ever did was get rid of the CATS and go aftermarket calibration. It really is a different animal in a good way. I waited way too long to do it.

involutions

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Wow...another Maine man here we are far and few between. I’m in Fort Kent My OPG failed the first summer I put the Whipple in Just banging some gears. Aftermarket balancer likely contributed to the failure.

No going back to stock once you’ve tasted boost my friend. Anyway like you I wanted the boost by gears, it does work but I never ended up using it and best thing I ever did was get rid of the CATS and go aftermarket calibration. It really is a different animal in a good way. I waited way too long to do it.
I'm in the Bangor area. You must only get about 5 days per year to drive that thing in Fort Kent. Brrr.
Just curious, what are you running for tires? (I'm guessing studded snows.)
I didn't think there much money in Maine for people to be buying superchargers with. Thought I'd have the fastest car around... Then I visited the nearby shop in Brewer. He had a lot of cars there waiting for tuning and one of his techs told me they build a lot of 1000HP cars.
Sponsored