Sponsored

Kelly Aiken?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Primarily aggressive street use. I like my cars to be all around good performers with a preference to be able to handle the twisties. Not really planning to take it to the drag strip. I do drive the car several times per week, so I don't want the NVH to be too bad. My sig has my current mods and I currently love the handling.

I plan to get sway bars to help counter some of the additional weight in the nose.

Appreciate your thoughts.
If NVH is a concern I would skip the CB006. I am considering taking mine off just due to the amplification of any road/tire noise it causes.
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The main question was around me adding a whipple, how the additional weight impacts my setup, and if the addition of CB006 would help mitigate the removal of the strut tower brace. I realize that the strut tower brace helps prevent strut tower flex during hard cornering, therefore reducing changes in camber. So I'm not sure there's any way around that since the CB006 is mainly to reduce control arm deflection.

But I was told that if I install swaybars, I shouldnt worry about the strut tower brace being removed. Not sure I understand the correlation there, since sway bars are primarily to address roll.

Additionally was told that I should replace my sp083 springs in the front with sp089 springs to help with the weight of the supercharger. Not sure that makes sense, since sp089 are lower spring rates than what I have already.

So all in all, was just looking for a second opinion from Kelly.
Hi I remember our conversation I'm sorry if I didn't myself clear .

A few other customers have ran into the same situation and found that the adjustable sway bar gave more adjust ability to get the cars handling to what they wanted.

Not to say the CB006 didn't help but they felt of the 2 mods the sway bar made the biggest difference. ( Just providing some real world feed back )

As far as the SP083 to the SP089 I was merely suggesting that if the added weight of the SC made the nose sit too low the SP089 is a minimal drop and could provide additional ground clearance that was all.

Dion

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Hi I remember our conversation I'm sorry if I didn't myself clear .

A few other customers have ran into the same situation and found that the adjustable sway bar gave more adjust ability to get the cars handling to what they wanted.

Not to say the CB006 didn't help but they felt of the 2 mods the sway bar made the biggest difference. ( Just providing some real world feed back )

As far as the SP083 to the SP089 I was merely suggesting that if the added weight of the SC made the nose sit too low the SP089 is a minimal drop and could provide additional ground clearance that was all.

Dion
Thanks. My main concern is handling - seems like it would be counter intuitive to put softer springs up front than what I currently have, especially when I'm adding more weight. Wouldn't that encourage more nose dive when braking?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand all the impacts of it, but I think generally the softer spring is less tightly wound so it sits taller.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. My main concern is handling - seems like it would be counter intuitive to put softer springs up front than what I currently have, especially when I'm adding more weight. Wouldn't that encourage more nose dive when braking?
Yes. Keep the course as we discussed.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I understand your concern I was merely suggesting that as an option if the nose sat too low with the added weight of the supercharger.

If you are ok with the ride height of the SP083 then feel free to disregard the suggestion.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
1: Worlds fastest GT500 is BMR equipped!

2: It's nice seeing that a person can spend so much time in someone's head. It's borderline unbelievable. I legitimately feel sorry for Alex, for several reasons.

3: I'm still around, just not employed by BMR. These days I primarily cater to heads up racers, grudge racers and high powered race cars that need more than "off the shelf" parts or "generic" advice.

@BmacIL is very intelligent and is a great resource to lean on. Over the years I've noticed most of his advice is extremely accurate.

KellTrac

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kelltrac.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
There are always two sides to every story.

Alex is an online personality. It's his job to be misleading and degrading.

That's not my style nor do I even care to explain the truth. It's pointless.
Sponsored