Sponsored

Kelly Aiken?

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP / 2016 F150 Lariat / 2018 Jeep Rubicon
Anyone know where Kelly went and how to get a hold of him? I know he left BMR in July, but wanted to pick his brain on some suspension related things.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hmmm...

didn't know that, was there some announcement?

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm...

didn't know that, was there some announcement?
Not that I'm aware of. I found out by emailing him at BMR and I got a response from Dion instead. Not trying to put him on blast, but his advice didn't really make sense and I never heard back from him after asking some follow up questions.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Searched... He’s at Hennessy Industries, LLC... (per public google results of his name)

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Searched... He’s at Hennessy Industries, LLC... (per public google results of his name)
Nice find. Yeah I tried googling him a few days ago and couldn't find anything. Thanks!

Sponsored

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
Kelly made a large post about it on Facebook, that's probably the best place to find him now a days, he seems to still pop in with suspension advice when he can

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
What questions do you have for him?

aleccolin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.CarClubVT.com
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Hm, I wonder who's running their IG account?

I commented on their K-member post from today that it's for drag use as it deletes the sway bar mounting points, and asked if they had plans for a street version that keeps the sway bar. Instead of a reply they just deleted my comment.

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What questions do you have for him?
The main question was around me adding a whipple, how the additional weight impacts my setup, and if the addition of CB006 would help mitigate the removal of the strut tower brace. I realize that the strut tower brace helps prevent strut tower flex during hard cornering, therefore reducing changes in camber. So I'm not sure there's any way around that since the CB006 is mainly to reduce control arm deflection.

But I was told that if I install swaybars, I shouldnt worry about the strut tower brace being removed. Not sure I understand the correlation there, since sway bars are primarily to address roll.

Additionally was told that I should replace my sp083 springs in the front with sp089 springs to help with the weight of the supercharger. Not sure that makes sense, since sp089 are lower spring rates than what I have already.

So all in all, was just looking for a second opinion from Kelly.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The main question was around me adding a whipple, how the additional weight impacts my setup, and if the addition of CB006 would help mitigate the removal of the strut tower brace. I realize that the strut tower brace helps prevent strut tower flex during hard cornering, therefore reducing changes in camber. So I'm not sure there's any way around that since the CB006 is mainly to reduce control arm deflection.

But I was told that if I install swaybars, I shouldnt worry about the strut tower brace being removed. Not sure I understand the correlation there, since sway bars are primarily to address roll.

Additionally was told that I should replace my sp083 springs in the front with sp089 springs to help with the weight of the supercharger. Not sure that makes sense, since sp089 are lower spring rates than what I have already.

So all in all, was just looking for a second opinion from Kelly.
I can provide my thoughts which will definitely mirror his, and will also give him this.

Thd biggest question is what are your goals/purpose for the car with the Whipple? Road racing, just aggressive street use? Drag?

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can provide my thoughts which will definitely mirror his, and will also give him this.

Thd biggest question is what are your goals/purpose for the car with the Whipple? Road racing, just aggressive street use? Drag?
Thanks. Primarily aggressive street use. I like my cars to be all around good performers with a preference to be able to handle the twisties. Not really planning to take it to the drag strip. I do drive the car several times per week, so I don't want the NVH to be too bad. My sig has my current mods and I currently love the handling.

I plan to get sway bars to help counter some of the additional weight in the nose.

Appreciate your thoughts.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Primarily aggressive street use. I like my cars to be all around good performers with a preference to be able to handle the twisties. Not really planning to take it to the drag strip. I do drive the car several times per week, so I don't want the NVH to be too bad. My sig has my current mods and I currently love the handling.

I plan to get sway bars to help counter some of the additional weight in the nose.

Appreciate your thoughts.
Which version of the SP083 springs do you have? If you want the front ride height to be the same after the Whipple, look into swapping to GT350R front springs. The spring rate is essentially the same as the 250 lb fronts of the SP084RC, but it sits about 0.2" higher NA.

I'd leave everything else you have and add a front swaybar only. None of that other stuff. Consider adding the rear LCA bearings too (BK055). You'll put power down better, it will have more grip, and will be more fun and predictable to drive.

OP
OP
khsonic03

khsonic03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which version of the SP083 springs do you have? If you want the front ride height to be the same after the Whipple, look into swapping to GT350R front springs. The spring rate is essentially the same as the 250 lb fronts of the SP084RC, but it sits about 0.2" higher NA.

I'd leave everything else you have and add a front swaybar only. None of that other stuff. Consider adding the rear LCA bearings too (BK055). You'll put power down better, it will have more grip, and will be more fun and predictable to drive.
The revised version which I believe are 250 fronts.

I'm actually ok with the front dropping a bit. I've always thought it was a tad high for my liking.

Thanks for the suggestions! Will def look into the bk055.

Det_Riot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang GT
This is my wife’s car on 082 rears with 089 fronts after we added the whipple. We had the standard BMR drag springs and swapped them after the whipple because the front settled another 1” or so from the standard drags
13CE48B0-E4D3-4D90-9562-00D5C2E20BE8.jpeg
Sponsored