Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Im talking physically. It does not physically change what you are currently driving. Nobody stopped by your driveway and changed your car overnight. Yes it sucks for the Mustang brand. What ford was thinking putting a pony badge on this EV is beyond me, but It does not physically change your mustang. That is essentially my only point on the matter.

Also speak for yourself. Im not gonna stop buying Mustangs just bc they made this epic mistake. I'm not happy they did it but I still love Mustangs.
If they can do this to the Mustang name(it's a brand), whats to stop them from ruining the (real) Mustang?
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
If they can do this to the Mustang name(it's a brand), whats to stop them from ruining the (real) Mustang?
Nothing, we will just need to wait and see. I'm 67 and expect to keep my 19' GT/CS for a least 10 years. Who knows what will happen in 2029. I'm not in a rush to get there. I'm going to into my garage, start up my Coyote and enjoy the day. All of us should just do the same.

Sponsored

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I had at least some hope for a cool LED badge like they showed in the prototype videos. But looking closely at the video footage that was released today it appears not even that made the final spec. The front badge is nicely recessed in the grille area but is just black plastic with a chrome trim and the rear one is not even recessed. It's just a stick on. Basically the same setup as on the EcoBoost, just with different texture.
badge2.jpg
badge1.jpg

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The name doesn't make a car, the car makes the name. Mustang used to be a good name because it was based on a car that I loved. The Mustang Mach E stands for everything I despise about modern automobiles.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
My thing is, why couldn't this have been the new Bronco??? Ford would have had the first true off-road EV and brought back an icon in the process...

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Maybe we are approaching this wrong. We should get the same Youtubers who talk $hit about the Coyote's flaws to get working on this thing..... You know how it has a BBQ tick but it shoots sparks like the actual BBQ lighters do. Or that it runs on DC current and needs a booster to power it every 1/4 mile or so.... Or maybe they could stand beside it with their hair standing straight up from the excessive current it puts out. Come on Youtube you can do this!

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
New member here, lurked for a year, with planned S550 GT purchase for next spring. Great site, forums and members here for sure.

As for all the pacifists who seem unperturbed by Ford's mistake to use MUSTANG in the Mach E's model name - I say, what the **** is wrong with you? Stand up for what's wrong, and sign the petition at the very least.

Below is my comment that I forwarded on the petition. I'm even considered getting back on that useless social platform fakebook to post my discontent about Ford's marketing error that must be rectified.

--
It is an unbelievable TRAVESTY that one of the most iconic SPORTS/GT car names of 50+ years - Mustang - will be applied to an SUV new model. This is absolute marketing desperation and stupidity! Is there even a marketing department at Ford, or are the Board and Executives now all senile? Comparatively, Ford now loses credibility as GM and Chrysler gain while laughing at this monumental blunder. Never mind the slap to all who respected the Mustang for what is was - owners and aficiondos alike. Ford, you are not furthering a brand - you are diluting a brand. Learn the difference, or your market will teach you. Remove "Mustang" from the name of the Mach E. Do it now, Ford.
--
What's wrong with us? Nothing, disagreement doesn't mean there is something wrong with the person you disagree with. I wrote in when they were going to bastardize the Mustang into what became the Probe. The mentality that something has to be wrong with somebody you disagree with is in everything today, it's asinine. I'm not a fan of Ford doing this however I know how stupendously stupid huge corporations can be and this could have been much worse. I've lived through a lot of stupid from Ford and we'll have to wait and see how this plays out because it is keeping the name, there is no way they're going to change it now.

I've purchased more Mustang's than many on this site have had birthdays so I don't need to be asked whats wrong with me because I'm not outraged or pissed off. Be glad we don't have a President hell bent on the green deal (not trying to start a political debate). Ford and the rest are killing off the sedan, now that does piss me off, how many phucking SUV's and Crossovers do we need? So I for one am glad we still have the Mustang and yes it is possible this is Ford's way of getting us used to the idea that they will be transitioning the car in the years to come and that will get hopefully the same amount of backlash the almost Mustang Probe got.

It's true, the market will decide the outcome, we'll have to wait and see, if the same idiot that decided to kill off the sedans is around (I forgot his name, but Bill Ford likes him), I'm guessing the Mustang isn't going to survive long term in which case I move on.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
OK, this is the way my wife would build hers. Premium, white exterior, gray interior (thanks w3rkn), extended RWD. MSRP $56.2K Less $7.5K Fed credit = $48.7K. Bring this puppy in at around $44-45K we might have a deal.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Nothing, we will just need to wait and see. I'm 67 and expect to keep my 19' GT/CS for a least 10 years. Who knows what will happen in 2029. I'm not in a rush to get there. I'm going to into my garage, start up my Coyote and enjoy the day. All of us should just do the same.
Hell yes, You and me are on the same page my man.

Hayburner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dylan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If anyone needs impeached in this day and age , it’s Bill Ford , from his own g damn company!! he just dropped a nuke on his own beloved Blue Oval. Fcking idiot

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
My thing is, why couldn't this have been the new Bronco??? Ford would have had the first true off-road EV and brought back an icon in the process...
Because as EBM said this really isn't a "UV". I think he's right. This really is nothing more than a lifted car. A Bronco is a real SUV. Would not want to sully that iconic name either.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Trampling on the 'Mach' nomenclature is also a branding faux pas. They should just spell it "Mock(er)E".
I hope none of the other E vehicle design teams think copying Tesla is a viable strategy.
Sponsored