Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I'm seeing a lot of posts from non car people who not only hate the fact it's called a Mustang, but think it's a hideous piece of machinery.
This has failure written all over it.

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
The morning is here and this junk is still around.

I am depressed.

What a bunch of trash.

Men are men.

Women are women.

Mustangs are two door cars.
Well some women used to be men and vice versa. The Mustang used to be 2 doors so perhaps it fits....:crazy:

Muff Muff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue GT PP
I'm also 29 and I think it's retarded. I'm not sure what Ford is hoping to gain by associating the Mustang brand with this...thing.

• People who want a Mustang are going to go buy a (real) Mustang.
  • People who shop for CUVs don't spent $50k on one.
  • People who want electric cars buy Tesla, and those people typically do not like domestic/traditional brands anyway because it doesn't fit their projected eco-tech hipster lifestyle.
  • Baby boomers aren't going to buy this because Donald Trump convinced them that coal and oil is the only way.
  • People who are passionate about Mustangs aren't going to buy this because it's an aggressive departure from what they're used to and what they would expect to actually succeed the Mustang (an electric Mustang with 2 doors and be an actual Mustang).
  • Gen-z'ers (they drive now right?) won't buy this because "Mustang" is old, they probably don't want to be seen as supporting a brand that originated from fossil fuels as that wouldn't allow them to virtue signal, plus it's not self-driving.
  • People who like to be edgy don't buy from the big three

That leaves maybe some aging hippie Gen-X'ers who are eco-conscious and can easily adapt to change, people who like the idea of having a Mustang but could never own one out of practicality reasons and want to flex on their cookie-cutter subdivision neighbors who might happen to own Teslas ("Hey neighbor Joel, I see you got the new model Y - I've got that new electric Mustang GT, shall we compare brochures?"), and of course the obnoxious YouTubers who get anything new and controversial just so they can make some shitty videos about it for the internet points.
Fresh 26 year old here, and this post sums up my feelings pretty well. I'm fine with the idea of the Mach-E and am happy Ford made something to try to be relevant in current market trends, but they could have called it ANYTHING else. Call it a Maverick, Fusion Cross, whatever, just not Mustang. The idea that Mustang (or "F-Series," Ram, etc for that matter) is a brand, and thus subject to the sort of manipulation that comes with it, instead of a singular model, serves only to dilute the falsely contrived "brand" into anything the corporate fat cats want it to be with no regard to anything but the bottom line. The end result being crossover Mustangs, cargo van Rams, and the "F-Series" being the best selling "vehicle" (singular, not plural) in the country year after year.

I get it, Ford has to make a profit, but why gamble their most iconic nameplate on what is currently no more than a market fad, and already shown to be unsustainable, from an environmental standpoint, going forward?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I was sitting behind a modern Taurus this morning. Should have recycled that name. It looked the part.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
I believe that was what S650 was originally intended to be. I’m not sure if Ford is still on that path, since they earlier announced that Mustang would stay on S550 at least thru ‘26 and then they’d decide. Doing Mustang and Explorer on the same platform would not require that Mustang as a coupe be dropped. Modern vehicle architectures have a lot more versatility than what we witnessed in the past. Building cars and SUVs on same platform is fairly commonplace these days. BMW X5 and 5-Series are on the same basic platform. Mercedes does the same thing. GLS and S-Class. GLC and C-Class. GLE and E-Class. Likewise, Cadillac CTS and Camaro are same platform. Neither is a truck or utility, obviously, but the size difference is definitely there. No reason Ford can’t do the same thing with Explorer and Mustang.
And this is the basis of my worry.... The S650 sounded pretty solid and on track for a early 2020s release until this new CEO.... Now it sounds like the mustang will stay on the S550 platform for the foreseeable future and then they will "decide" a path forward at a later date.... Does not give me much confidence in the future.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
I’d buy a Mach E only because my buddy has a Tesla and I really like his car. A Mustang themed version would be better although it’s not really a Mustang IMO. I’ll wait till I actually see one at a dealer.

One Major gripe I have with it.

I HATE that big LCD screen.

Looks stupid and cheap. It should be integrated in the dash like my Premium Mustang is. Looks horrible in the Mach E. I bet it saves them a ton of money but that’s a. Big No for me

SLED550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mazda 3
New member here, lurked for a year, with planned S550 GT purchase for next spring. Great site, forums and members here for sure.

As for all the pacifists who seem unperturbed by Ford's mistake to use MUSTANG in the Mach E's model name - I say, what the **** is wrong with you? Stand up for what's wrong, and sign the petition at the very least.

Below is my comment that I forwarded on the petition. I'm even considered getting back on that useless social platform fakebook to post my discontent about Ford's marketing error that must be rectified.

--
It is an unbelievable TRAVESTY that one of the most iconic SPORTS/GT car names of 50+ years - Mustang - will be applied to an SUV new model. This is absolute marketing desperation and stupidity! Is there even a marketing department at Ford, or are the Board and Executives now all senile? Comparatively, Ford now loses credibility as GM and Chrysler gain while laughing at this monumental blunder. Never mind the slap to all who respected the Mustang for what is was - owners and aficiondos alike. Ford, you are not furthering a brand - you are diluting a brand. Learn the difference, or your market will teach you. Remove "Mustang" from the name of the Mach E. Do it now, Ford.
--

Sponsored

gregsdart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt a10 pp1 301 base
Taking that name and putting it on this thing upsets me. It reminds me of the introduction of the 1958 Ford Thunderbird.
The 55 56 57 year Thunderbirds were icons of thier day, and the move to the heavy as a tank four door in 1958 killed the Thunderbird as a sports car. Chevrolet must have been delighted. Thier Corvette then had the whole stage as the only american real sports car!

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I am so mad.

Ford, make a MUSTANG MACH 1, BOSS 302, BOSS 429 and/or GT500 KR

Not a SVU trans piece of trash so called Mustang.

YoloBathsalts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT - PP1
Some of you need to put down the pitchforks and have a beer. Get off the cross we need the wood. sort yourself out.
Go for a joyride. The Mach-E isnt changing what you've got in your driveway right now so simmer down a bit. Hell I thought the Mach-E was a monstrosity last night when I was reading everything, but then I drove to work this morning and put my foot in it and forgot all about it.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
As for all the pacifists who seem unperturbed by Ford's mistake to use MUSTANG in the Mach E's model name - I say, what the **** is wrong with you? Stand up for what's wrong, and sign the petition at the very least.
Ford is not going to change the name no matter what we try that's why after they let the Mach 1 name out of the bag and changed it to Mach E they didn't let slip the Mustang name was going to be used as well. But if sales don't go that good who knows Ford might change the name remember the Five Hundred getting it's name change to Taurus.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Some of you need to put down the pitchforks and have a beer. Get off the cross we need the wood. sort yourself out.
Go for a joyride. The Mach-E isnt changing what you've got in your driveway right now so simmer down a bit. Hell I thought the Mach-E was a monstrosity last night when I was reading everything, but then I drove to work this morning and put my foot in it and forgot all about it.
Your not a enthusiast then.
We have no problem with the car/suv itself.
It’s just can’t be called a Mustang!
Sponsored