Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Dude, love the Sotto's, got them on my factory wheels in the garage. They're just waiting for another crack at winter :rockon:
Yeah they were great! I'd argue almost better performance in winter than the stock Pilot 4s in the summer, believe it or not.
Although they were 255 on all 4 instead of 255/275 like the summer/stock setup.

Was gonna get the Sottozero 2 after C&D recommended them on their long-term (and in Michigan winter-driven) Bullitt, but TireRack guy suggested the 3 were even better (newly released). He was not wrong!!

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
I didn't say it was just about rubber. There's a driver involved too :like:. Salt washes off. Apparently you're still salty about something :cwl:
Yeah I drove my 2004 Cobra set up with snow tires and wheels and regretted the damage done to it in only one season.

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
At this point I'm just messing with our resident Electric Wizard. My Charger is basically a NAFTA poster child. American brand, Mexican assembled motor, Canadian built. It's a spicy jalepeno, deep-fried and smothered in maple syrup. North Murica!

I prefer a square setup for more balanced handling. If you went 275/285 square in the summer, you'd feel a big difference over a staggered setup.
Oh, I knew you were, I just thought I'd threw it out there. :)

Might need to look into a square setup when it's time to replace the Pilot 4s. I got a track day or two in the next 3 months, so maybe I'll run through that rubber quick. :D

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And I live in an area where the GT350 can only be on the road between late April and early October. So I need another vehicle. And driving the Mach E was a total and utter hoot. No, I haven't driven the GT Performance yet (the one I ordered), but I have driven the Premium with the ERB in eAWD. Its fast as heck for an SUV, faster than my Explorer Sport (with some mods) than the wife's F-Pace S Dynamic (by a good margin too). Add to this we are moving to Big Island soon, and driving the GT350 full time on Big Island, as anyone knows, is a good way to blow out wheels and tires and damage frames constantly... So yep, the MachE makes total sense as a second vehicle for me.
I grew up in SE Massachusetts so I have some idea what the weather is like. I doubt that I'd limit my driving of even a GT500 (of any recent year) to only those approximate dates.

That said, I can and do appreciate the benefits of having a car that's a little less focused on track performance. But I would never, ever choose an SUV. Always a sedan, like the current WRX (that we bought far more for the fact that it came with a 6MT than for any of its AWD capability) and the 2010 Legacy 2.5GT (also for its 6MT rather than the AWD).

Sorry, but fast in a straight line just doesn't do much for me. Never has, so it'll never be enough to get me to look past what I'd be giving up to get into an SUV regardless of its powertrain.

The fact that it is part of the Mustang family is only one of the many minor benefits it brings to the table.
Are you trying to tell me that if the Mach E was not linked to the Mustang name in any way, shape, or manner, that you'd have written it off your short list?

Norm

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I grew up in SE Massachusetts so I have some idea what the weather is like. I doubt that I'd limit my driving of even a GT500 (of any recent year) to only those approximate dates.

That said, I can and do appreciate the benefits of having a car that's a little less focused on track performance. But I would never, ever choose an SUV. Always a sedan, like the current WRX (that we bought far more for the fact that it came with a 6MT than for any of its AWD capability) and the 2010 Legacy 2.5GT (also for its 6MT rather than the AWD).

Sorry, but fast in a straight line just doesn't do much for me. Never has, so it'll never be enough to get me to look past what I'd be giving up to get into an SUV regardless of its powertrain.

Are you trying to tell me that if the Mach E was not linked to the Mustang name in any way, shape, or manner, that you'd have written it off your short list?

Norm
I am not trying to nitpick, English is my second language afterall, but I think he meant that the fact it's called a Mustang had small effect on his decision power, i.e. affected him only a little ("minor benefit") means he doesn't care about the nameplate, or am I getting this wrong?
Meaning he wouldn't write it off his list if it wasn't called a Mustang. That's what I got out of that.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Fair enough. But would it have been enough to drop the E a place or two down on that same short list? I get that the controversy has generated initial interest, but I honestly can't see how calling this thing a Mustang can help swing a decision when you're on the showroom floor. You're either going to like it for what it is, or you're not.

Norm

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Fair enough. But would it have been enough to drop the E a place or two down on that same short list? I get that the controversy has generated initial interest, but I honestly can't see how calling this thing a Mustang can help swing a decision when you're on the showroom floor. You're either going to like it for what it is, or you're not.

Norm
That's probably very true. I think it's a Millenial-mobile. They wanted to do something "cool electric" and sourced off of the name for a gen that's more into EVs I guess. Dunno.

I'm a Millenial Czech in the US. I got me a dream car, a Mustang, but a proper V8. :)
For someone from outside of the US, Mustang nametag is legendary to us. I've always wanted one and now I am lucky to own one. So arguably, for us it piggy-backs off of the name even more.
And then there's older (sorry, not trying to be an a*s) generations for whom the nameplate is that much more legendary. And that's where I understand the complaints about the nameplate.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why hasn't this been moved to the ME Website already?

This is the real Mustang ICE forum...
:devil:

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
And then there's older (sorry, not trying to be an a*s) generations for whom the nameplate is that much more legendary. And that's where I understand the complaints about the nameplate.
Those of us who were around when the Mustang first debuted in 1964 will always see the Mustang as being youthful and intentionally different from the conventional sedans of the time.

This Mach E is trying to be too much like all the rest of today's SUVs and CUVs rather than different from them. The car's original sense of mild defiance is gone.

Last time my age began with the number '6' will be 4 years ago this fall. It is what it is, and not worth feeling insulted over.

Norm

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6