Active exhaust issue

MischiefMaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401a, Magna ride, Active Exhaust
So, my active exhaust is acting up on me 2019 GT. Randomly, it will go inactive. I normally drive it in track mode and when it goes inactive it switches to normal and won't allow me to change it at all. Then it will just come back, go inactive, come back ect..... I have checked the fuse under the hood and looks good. When it does work all modes change fine and works as intended.

any ideas as to what could be causing the issue?

Planning on taking it into the dealer today just wanted to see if anyone had an AH HA! moment lol.
Sponsored

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
It could be a number of things causing it. I would not be surprised if its the plug that goes into the exhaust to open and close the valves is either loose or the wires are touching the exhaust causing it to short. The dealer should be able to take care of you easily.

Good luck!

OP
OP
MischiefMaker

MischiefMaker

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1, 401a, Magna ride, Active Exhaust
It could be a number of things causing it. I would not be surprised if its the plug that goes into the exhaust to open and close the valves is either loose or the wires are touching the exhaust causing it to short. The dealer should be able to take care of you easily.

Good luck!

Thanks! The sad part now is they needed me to leave it with them, but didn’t have a loaner to give me....so I’m on a waiting list for a loaner before they can even look at it

gsv007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Virk
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
My 2019 mustang ecoboost with active exhaust has been at the dealership for 5 WEEKS for active exhaust error pop up message and unable to change between the modes. They changed the PCM flast, harness, actuator and some gate flap but still unable to figure out what the ACTUAL problem is, which I think is ridiculous. Debating to just pick up the car and go to a different dealership.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
There was another thread on here recently where another member had AE issues. The Dealership he went to installed revised harnesses at the mufflers. These would be the short harnesses.

Apparently the original harnesses don’t fare well with heat or road debris in that region. When the original harnesses deteriorate, it causes a ground short.

The revised harnesses have a corrugated aluminum sheathing on them now. That prevents any premature deterioration of the wire casings and possibility of shorts.

Found it; see this thread with pics:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/active-exhaust-problems-fixed.128680/
Sponsored