2020 GT500 confirmed orders

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
RapidResponder Is right about one thing, you don't know what kind of deal you have until you get a VIN. I entered a deal at MSRP with my dealer who had 2 allocations and I found out yesterday that they had also taken 2 additional orders. My order was the first one entered in the order bank, but my car is a one option car and the other two are fully loaded with all the options and probably ADM's. Who has the better chance of getting a car? I really hate the process.
Sponsored

Deviruchi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (L0646)
RapidResponder Is right about one thing, you don't know what kind of deal you have until you get a VIN. I entered a deal at MSRP with my dealer who had 2 allocations and I found out yesterday that they had also taken 2 additional orders. My order was the first one entered in the order bank, but my car is a one option car and the other two are fully loaded with all the options and probably ADM's. Who has the better chance of getting a car? I really hate the process.
You have a good point, I'm starting to think my dealer is pulling the same thing. Said he had one allocation left (golden ticket, 30k ADM)), but he could use it for a regular order. So I put in an order (10k ADM) for a base GT500. I suspect he may be leading me on, as he's already told me it might not arrive until jan-feb timeframe. After all, if he got a CFTP buyer that would surely get priority over mine. Perhaps he's hoping my "extra" order will go through?

Here's my redacted order sheet (the only documentation I can get out of him), if anyone has insight I'd appreciate it.

View attachment 386585
gt500.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Pertaining to the above 2 comments, no, you dont have anything until you sign on the dotted line and take possession of the car. You may have a breach of contract and a possible lawsuit, but who here besides me would go down that road? (I married a lawyer). The damages would be whatever it cost you to obtain the exact agreed upon car once the contract was not honored.

So who is going to take a chance on a lawsuit and risk a LOT of money on a case where the majority of the agreements here are not in writing?

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Not upset Tomster, actually enjoying our discourse.

We are talking about two different things: You are referencing Allocation and I am referring to Scheduling.

The Allocation Manager in Detroit makes allocations within the parameters established dependent upon dealer registration and past Shelby sales. Allocation is then facilitated by the Regional Managers who assist dealers with adjustments and VIP prioritization.

When an order is consider "clean", a dealer will place it in the Unscheduled Order Bank. Scheduling is conducted on a weekly basis based on Order Type, Priority Code and commodity restrictions. Typically this is done by a computer which randomly places dealers in a sequential order and they take turns scheduling orders. The dealer issues an internal Priority Code 10 to 99 and the lowest goes first. This is only applicable to a specific dealer. The default dealer Priority Code is 19, and this is why we see it so frequently. Within the Priority Code, Retail always takes priority over Stock. Ford can issue a VIP sale with a priority Code of 01 which will be placed into the overall weekly schedule. If a dealer cannot complete an order due to an unexpected commodity or material hold, the dealer loses his place in line and has to wait for the next round.

Scheduling does not assign Allocation, but Allocation is required for Scheduling.

Snoopy is right. What we are looking for is a VIN which is assigned shortly after Scheduling! Then we can be assured our GT500 will be made.

Hope that helps!

Sponsored

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
Pertaining to the above 2 comments, no, you dont have anything until you sign on the dotted line and take possession of the car. You may have a breach of contract and a possible lawsuit, but who here besides me would go down that road? (I married a lawyer). The damages would be whatever it cost you to obtain the exact agreed upon car once the contract was not honored.

So who is going to take a chance on a lawsuit and risk a LOT of money on a case where the majority of the agreements here are not in writing?
Possession is a defining factor when it comes to proving you had an MSRP deal.

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Possession is a defining factory when it comes to proving you had an MSRP deal.
I don't have an MSRP deal, but for what I'm getting, it is about as good of any deal that could be had. There was real issue within my dealership about selling that car to me for the agreed upon price. I am thankful that they stayed true to their word (written agreement) and decided to honor the deal.

It all comes down to integrity and trust. I have a good relationship with them and at the end of the day, I'm set. If only Ford would pull my order so that i have the opportunity to show it off at Daytona this December

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
It will be interesting to see how many people that ordered their cars at MSRP actually end up walking away with the car at MSRP or just end up walking away.
Being one of the those people, I hope it works out for all of us, but I am not willing to bet on it. A lot of dealers are just not trustworthy.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Not upset Tomster, actually enjoying our discourse.

We are talking about two different things: You are referencing Allocation and I am referring to Scheduling.

The Allocation Manager in Detroit makes allocations within the parameters established dependent upon dealer registration and past Shelby sales. Allocation is then facilitated by the Regional Managers who assist dealers with adjustments and VIP prioritization.

When an order is consider "clean", a dealer will place it in the Unscheduled Order Bank. Scheduling is conducted on a weekly basis based on Order Type, Priority Code and commodity restrictions. Typically this is done by a computer which randomly places dealers in a sequential order and they take turns scheduling orders. The dealer issues an internal Priority Code 10 to 99 and the lowest goes first. This is only applicable to a specific dealer. The default dealer Priority Code is 19, and this is why we see it so frequently. Within the Priority Code, Retail always takes priority over Stock. Ford can issue a VIP sale with a priority Code of 01 which will be placed into the overall weekly schedule. If a dealer cannot complete an order due to an unexpected commodity or material hold, the dealer loses his place in line and has to wait for the next round.

Scheduling does not assign Allocation, but Allocation is required for Scheduling.

Snoopy is right. What we are looking for is a VIN which is assigned shortly after Scheduling! Then we can be assured our GT500 will be made.

Hope that helps!
No, I am referring to scheduling a build for an order with an allocation. My dealer was in communication with the regional rep pertaining to this matter. Nope, nothing happens until the order is pulled by Ford and only then the rep is authorized to pull the order for build.

A friend who knows the people in charge of this process called and confirmed what my dealer had told me. The reps are powerless to assign a higher priority code to get the build scheduled unless it was sanctioned by Ford in Dearborn. A small committee is regulating which CFTP orders get pulled for build.

Maybe what you suggest is valid for the non CFTP cars but all I know is what I'm told by (what I feel) are reliable sources.

Sponsored

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Thanks, Tomster.

I think we are saying the same thing. My order is for a CFTP with OTTP Stripes, hope my Priority Code changes from 19 to 01. I'll share more once I get my VIN.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Tomster.

I think we are saying the same thing. My order is for a CFTP with OTTP Stripes, hope my priority code changes from 19 to 01. I'll share more once I get my VIN.
Likewise. I'm working on it too. Best of luck with your order.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
The highest priority a dealer can assign to an order is 10 the default is 19 for a retail order. This prioritizes the dealers own orders, I believe, don't not for sure, that the rep assigns priority codes that prioritize the dealer orders, priority 01 being the highest.
Thanks, Tomster.

I think we are saying the same thing. My order is for a CFTP with OTTP Stripes, hope my Priority Code changes from 19 to 01. I'll share more once I get my VIN.
I would contact your dealer and have him change your Priority to 10 (the highest he can assign). This will give you a better chance of getting a Priority 01 from the Rep.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
As far as CFTP and Painted OTT Racing Stripes are concerned. I believe there is probably a department or group of people that decides when they can produce a car with those options and then goes out and searches for eligible candidates and schedules them according to their priority. If this is the case, they would probably spread out the scheduled dates for eligible orders across the MY production. Just a guess on my part.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Its because of post history like yours

1 day your buying msrp from same dealer u got msrp from 3 years ago, next youve never met the guy and they are 1k miles away hoping they keep their word
I am buying from the same dealer. I never met my original salesmen when I bought the GT350. All the paperwork, etc was handled via FedEx/email and I had the car shipped to me. That salesmen moved on from the dealership in the 3 years since that purchase. I am now working with the GM of the same dealership, who I have also yet to meet in person since they are over 1000 miles away.

With all that said, I did originally think this dealer had backed out of the deal on me. The dealer recently went through some major changes (the day order banks opened) and the GM went totally silent on me for a little over a week. Long story short, his silence was only because they were sorting through those major changes and he apologized and said he’s a man of his word and would honor the deal he promised me in writing. We placed the order and all has been well since. I receive regular texts/calls from him multiple times per week.

Could it still go south? Absolutely. Nothing is guaranteed for any of us until we sign and have keys in hand. However, I have no reason to believe that this time will be any different than when I ordered the GT350. That’s certainly my hope.

It was late the night I typed up my response and it did come off a little defensive. Didn’t mean for it to. I also don’t like the insinuation by some that I’m lying. I’m sure some are. It’s easy when sitting behind a keyboard. Speaking for myself, I am not. Honestly, I’m just extremely blessed to be in a position to 1) afford this car and 2) have found one at MSRP. Cheers guys!
Sponsored