Sponsored

Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
… that it makes me wonder if you have evAr been on a track with a modern s550 Mustang. Or even know the capabilities of todays sports cars, taken to their limit and driven there.
He’s already admitted this to be true. In fact, he’s never even put his foot to the floor in a coyote mustang.....yet seems to think it has major shortcomings even compared to his v6....Tesla....the ls1....a fox body 5.0.....Subaru brz... his semi....and of course the 7.3.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
All these hoards of voiceless people are supposedly soooo interested in this dump truck 7.3.....yet the 6.8 v10, 5.8-6.6L mod motors, 7+ liter lsx’s, 9L mercs, etc have been available for many years yet only a handful of folks actually built or bought these and installed them in modern mustangs. But now suddenly when ford makes a big low-tech, low-compression dump truck motor we are to believe everybody wants one.

Nope.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
And there’s no such thing as fact or fiction, wrong or right, yea yea we’ve heard your load of it already.

People who need facts for more that utility are probably insecure about their reality.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
He’s already admitted this to be true. In fact, he’s never even put his foot to the floor in a coyote mustang.....yet seems to think it has major shortcomings even compared to his v6....Tesla....the ls1....a fox body 5.0.....Subaru brz... his semi....and of course the 7.3.

All true. I’m the king of part throttle. Why is that such a problem here?

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
All these hoards of voiceless people are supposedly soooo interested in this dump truck 7.3.....yet the 6.8 v10, 5.8-6.6L mod motors, 7+ liter lsx’s, 9L mercs, etc have been available for many years yet only a handful of folks actually built or bought these and installed them in modern mustangs. But now suddenly when ford makes a big low-tech, low-compression dump truck motor we are to believe everybody wants one.

Nope.

“I” never said everyone, “You did...

Sponsored

dguzzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 V6 w/051A Met. Guard w/foundry wheels
I wouldn't put it in a mustang but maybe a Galaxie, doesn't have to stay low compression. A little tuning fun. Surely no one will offer camshafts that make it all racy. I bet it could sound great.
(no I can't do it, but its fun to dream)

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
But at the end of the day size matters. Park a GT and a 7.3 swap Mustang with 7.3 badging and anyone from 8 years old and up will say the 7.3 is better just because it has the bigger motor.

The 7.3 has more cubic inches and more torque than the Coyote. That will be a fact.
Trouble is, displacement in and of itself is not the be-all, end-all answer for every car enthusiast. No more than the current chases for huge power or low zero to 60 times have become. Past some vague and even harder to describe point, those aren't even the right buttons to push, at least where I'm concerned.

If peer pressure worked on everybody, I wouldn't be driving any of the cars in my sig. Don't know what I would be driving, but at least two of them wouldn't be nearly as much fun to drive as any of the ones I do have.

I know you got around to talking about Jaguars . . . the L6 in its final 4.2L form was a long-stroke low-revving engine in a lighter car than what the V12 was fitted to. I could look up the specs, but I have a feeling that the image of "12 cylinders" was what was primarily responsible for the end of the L6's run. 12 was the street where the European up-market cars and exotics lived. I actually got to drive a 4.2 Jag (a 2+2, actually), once or twice.

Norm

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If peer pressure worked on everybody, I wouldn't be driving any of the cars in my sig. Don't know what I would be driving, but at least two of them wouldn't be nearly as much fun to drive as any of the ones I do have.

Norm

You know more than me on the Jags so I’ll leave that to you. But all you other guys need to know that Norm is an absolute icon in the automotive world. I always wondered who was that guy who always lost interest in a car with an automatic - and - well - now I know, it was Norm!

I even started to worry about that guy as the manuals started to disappear. And here I found him! Yes Norm is the real deal - and when he thought I buckled under pressure about the swap I had to let him know that the peer pressure stuff don’t work on me neither.

But yes, I always wondered who that guy was, year after year - and now I know.

My hats off to you Mr. Norm Peterson!

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
If this is true(?)... then can the mod lock this thread, it's a full-on troll job.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Because it's a hilariously stupid measure of performance.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
If this is true(?)... then can the mod lock this thread, it's a full-on troll job.

That’s right. If you can’t win an argument on its merits then get a mod to lock the thread.

The coward’s way out.

That’s why I do what I do. This kind of censorship is rampant in some parts of the world. We may as well do it here and let them point and say: Hypocrisy!

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Anyway this thread really has little to do with a 7.3 gas engine as much as it has to do with egos and the social politic. This community has a pecking order and the possibility of a larger motor - that is particularly enticing to those lower on the totem pole - and basically leap-frogging them over the current king of the hill 5.0, well it upsets that order. Ford fleeces it’s customers to get them into a GT and to have that paid for status taken away must rile them up.
The 5.2 is already here, and 5.2>5.0. Your argument there is invalid. Also, guys that bought a "lower" motor leapfrogging guys with the 7.3 makes no sense. Whatever reasons someone had to go with anything other than the 5.0 still apply to the 7.3, whether it's insurance, mileage or cost.

But at the end of the day size matters. Park a GT and a 7.3 swap Mustang with 7.3 badging and anyone from 8 years old and up will say the 7.3 is better just because it has the bigger motor. Like penis size you can argue this and that, but people will only see that as someone trying to make up for inadequacy because they have a smaller dick or motor.
I honestly can't believe that this is how you actually think at your age. Some of the things you spew are beyond immature.

The 7.3 has more cubic inches and more torque than the Coyote. That will be a fact. Horsepower can be more for the 5.0 but that argument is like saying a smaller penis is ok if the smaller size let’s you thrust faster. As a metaphor I hope you can see the folly in this argument. Most women will still prefer the larger size if they are honest. Same for motors, the average person on the street will value the 7.3 as better than the 5.0, and that is that. In the end it matters what the neighbours think and what the cute girl at the drive through thinks about you and your car. In short, actual capabilities matter, but perception from other car driver’s and pedestrians also matters, if not more.
I hope that you have figured out by now that women don't care about cars one bit. Ive gotten laid just as much when I owned my 91 S10 that was beat to shit as I did when i had my viper, and not being a douche that thinks that cars get pussy has a lot to do with it.

And that in short has been driving this thread. Ask your girl friend or wife what is really going on here between the two motors - 5.0 and 7.3 - and the women will say it’s all about size and that is what this thread is really about.
Once again, women don't care about engine sizes. My friends daughter (in high school) is dating a boy who has a v6 s197 and she thinks that his car and my car are the same. Did I correct her or anything she said? No, because she doesn't give a fuck.

I’m not your psychologist or psychiatrist, but anyone can see there is more invested in this discussion than swapping a motor. And, facts and figures can never overcome something as simple as size. Size matters and the 7.3 is larger and for most people that is all that counts and that is what was always driving this discussion - simmering under all the technical mumbo jumbo, and empty platitudes.
You are not speaking for most people. You're speaking for yourself and you need to grow up.

That’s right. If you can’t win an argument on its merits then get a mod to lock the thread.

The coward’s way out.

That’s why I do what I do. This kind of censorship is rampant in some parts of the world. We may as well do it here and let them point and say: Hypocrisy!
People are just done with your shit thread. This should have been locked or deleted 107 pages ago.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
People are just done with your shit thread. This should have been locked or deleted 107 pages ago.
Apparently not, because new people keep jumping in and feeding it. It will probably hit 200 pages as long as people keep jumping in. Doesn't matter what's said in this thread, even if it's not related to the subject matter, it gets more responses and keeps this thread going in circles.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
People who need facts for more that utility are probably insecure about their reality.
Without facts, you live in fantasy land. Oh wait, you DO live in fantasy land! It all makes sense now!

Anyway, your post makes about as much sense as the rest of your drivel.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
You keep saying you want torque torque torque. If you had a clue, you would know that the very simplest way to make more torque is to open the throttle more. You do know that engine torque ratings are at full throttle right? Right??? If the 7.3 gets rated at 480 ftlb, you’re not getting that at 1/4 or 1/2 throttle. Surely you know this.
Sponsored