Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
The more I look at this engine the more I love it! Hell the thing even has spark plug wires! It actually looks like an engine!

This swap actually makes sense as I probably bought the cheapest Mustang out there. No mods except the jacking rails - heck I even still have the frumpy 17” wheels. So the swap from V6 to 7.3 makes sense as that is how the Shelby’s did it.

So who is of like mind? The iron block is a non-issue to me as the V6 is my first aluminum block so iron is the way God intended it in my mind. Straight line and only straight line.

But the decision is not in a vacuum. I met a guy near me who has made a GT500 supercharger kit for the 3.7 V6 they will soon sell. They have my number and I think he needs a S550 test mule so even more options (yes that is my voice in the video , and yes I’m not exactly Barry White):

He also makes a stroker block but it would be the supercharger for me:

But I am tending to the new V8. And how difficult would it be to swap it to the old six speed auto instead of the A10?

So how do you guys feel about this? The guys at my work figured I had this planned from the get go but I am open to all options!

What do you guys think and are you going to look into the 7.3 swap?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No, not for me. But when Ford makes an aluminum block version with heads and internals designed to make more power, then I would want it.

FreedomPenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
I don’t think old engines look any cooler than new engines, the fact it’s under a hood I wouldn’t care if it had zero looks.

Aesthetics aside, power or don’t do an upgrade

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
  • Banned
No, not for me. But when Ford makes an aluminum block version with heads and internals designed to make more power, then I would want it.

No aluminum block but that’s a plus for me. Everything else can be upgraded in the aftermarket including Ford Performance later.

In my opinion this is the engine every old fart secretly wants. The ability to peel out of a parking space without reving the engine. Power and torque down low where you always use it! This will be a winning engine for Ford! Your last chance to own a big block before it all goes to shit in the automotive world... :frown:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That beautiful 2 valve pushrod motor! They designed this engine not knowing what they would come up with and the result was a 2 valve pushrod iron block V8.

Many of you especially, especially the younger ones think you know it all but the old engines still have a place. This motor is the real deal. Massive torque real low where you use it 99% of the time. The old design is back because it’s still relevant.

Who would have thought...