The new 7.3 V8 fits in the Mustang......

Anthony 05 GT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
It's definitely a different experience with a N/A big block that's hard to explain. My '05 has 400 ft lbs torque right off idle and maxes out around 550 tq to the wheels 597hp. This car pulls hard from idle to redline at 7500 rpm's. My '15 is stock. That 427 Vette even sounds like it's ready for a shift at 4k. If I build another older car it will definitely get a big block because it's special for sure.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Uh...no, it's a pretty darn big deal to try and do that. The block construction is totally different aluminum vs iron. It'd be a massive investment to do that.
You’re wasting your time trying to explain to these day dreamers and know it alls. Save your breath. I was once in your shoes and got banned from this forum many times.

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
As funny as it sounds he may actually have one as my place is littered with them. It’s like a status symbol. But I want my old fashioned engine. And with a four barrel carbs. I could do it myself.

In the end if it’s just a change of engine computer along with the truck tranny I could see this as a bit of a cult car thing. I have to look at this closer. I just arrived in Manhattan and still haven’t checked in - but this is good news! I hate banging up the engine bay to make an engine fit.
Why are you on this forum if your desire is cast iron engine blocks with carbs?

Look I’m 48 years old and have been drag racing for 33 years. I’m also a professional mechanic.
Times change brother. You need to either go find a vintage car or get with the times.
No body in their right mind removes a modern high performance 1.53 hp + / per cubic inch high reving engine and replaces it with a cast iron, low rpm, carburetor, less than 1.0 hp / per cubic inch boat anchor.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Why are you on this forum if your desire is cast iron engine blocks with carbs?

Look I’m 48 years old and have been drag racing for 33 years. I’m also a professional mechanic.
Times change brother. You need to either go find a vintage car or get with the times.
No body in their right mind removes a modern high performance 1.53 hp + / per cubic inch high reving engine and replaces it with a cast iron, low rpm, carburetor, less than 1.0 hp / per cubic inch boat anchor.

Ok maybe I got carried away but some of the best days of my early hot rod life were messing about with carbs and driving around with a Snap-On distributor wrench.

I’m almost 60 so old enough to care but young enough to have missed out.

I also agree with you about the aluminum block. Anyone who has ever done casting on even small parts knows what an expensive nightmare that is!

Also, guys who get really critical about other guys and the issues they prattle about probably have the same leanings, likes and dislikes and that is why they react more than the others.

So what I’m trying to say is: Hi there, and a pleasure to meet you Sir! :like:

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Ok maybe I got carried away but some of the best days of my early hot rod life were messing about with carbs and driving around with a Snap-On distributor wrench.

I’m almost 60 so old enough to care but young enough to have missed out.

I also agree with you about the aluminum block. Anyone who has ever done casting on even small parts knows what an expensive nightmare that is!

Also, guys who get really critical about other guys and the issues they prattle about probably have the same leanings, likes and dislikes and that is why they react more than the others.

So what I’m trying to say is: Hi there and a pleasure to meet you Sir! :like:
I get it.
I also have classic vehicles along with my modem vehicles.
Don’t get me wrong, I love them both equally and I prefer them for what they are. But never would I go backwards by putting a old technology engine into a newer car ModoResto lol.
Usually it’s new modern drivetrain in classic vehicle.
The new 7.3L would be awesome in a classic 1980s and older F250-F350. Yank the 351M or 385,400,460 etc out and drop in a new 7.3L.
Now that’s a good combo.

119 - HP Tuners - 1