Sponsored

The new 7.3 V8 fits in the Mustang......

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone wondered why the Challenger is selling so well?
because it's comfy and looks the business. big cubes help of course but the mix of v6 and weak-ass 5.8 v8 sales numbers might surprise you vis-a-vis the real power producing 6.2/6.4 sales.
Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
...The claim is drive by wire can be almost instantaneous, then why isn't it?
DBW can be basically instantaneous. If you use a good high speed logger you can see that the throttle valve itself hits wot about .02 seconds after the pedal does. However, there are anti-jerk and tip-in knock retards that activate for their individual purposes, both of which slow response. I’ve turned off the anti-jerk on mine and it made a big difference. I’ve actually had to increase the tip-in knock retard though, to prevent a burst of knock activity during this time.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
sure, but they were rebuilt often and had only 1/4 the parts cost...
I’ve been spinning the big block in my Chevelle to 7200 for years, I’ve changed valve springs 1 time. I’ve checked pressures of them a couple of times and still in spec. Now the motors apart because I lost a cam lobe, which was a function of lack of oil, not rpm. One of the galley plugs backed out so no oil went to the top end, it just returned to the pan. It’s going back together with more cubes, 502 or so and will still be spun to 7200, this time with a little bigger cam

amk91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTP PP and 2014 SVT Raptor SE
S650 is supposed to share the Explorer chassis thats already for a twin turbo V6 and AWD.

The hell with a pushrod Mustang. Give me a AWD twin turbo V6 one!
NOT true!

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 17 Fusion Sport, 21 GT500 CFTP
DBW can be basically instantaneous. If you use a good high speed logger you can see that the throttle valve itself hits wot about .02 seconds after the pedal does. However, there are anti-jerk and tip-in knock retards that activate for their individual purposes, both of which slow response. I’ve turned off the anti-jerk on mine and it made a big difference. I’ve actually had to increase the tip-in knock retard though, to prevent a burst of knock activity during this time.
And apparently, unless you tune yourself, those are left in. I already spent half my life tuning 2 blown fox bodies and aftermarket throttle body stuff. Just don't have any desire to learn tuning the latest ECM's. But will contact my tuner on my Fusion at least, see if there is anything left he can do.
Sponsored