Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by Fatguy, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Big Boss

Big Boss Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    Mazda6
    0   0   0

2. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

You should trust you first instincts about people - they are probably right...

Others may have differing political leanings and lifestyles. The person you think may be your enemy may in fact be a friend and what you think is a friend may be, while not the enemy, not the sort you could share an apartment with...

3. Notagain

Notagain Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    GM was asking 75k MSRP for those vut right before they quit making them they were selling them at just over 50k I 100% remember them having 25k off sticker sales on the Z28.

That car was a GM parts bin car built with Z06 brakes and 427 and a giant 75k MSRP for the Z28 badge.

4. GT Pony

GT Pony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
    0   0   0
    With a lot of guys on the sidelines helping them keep it up - lol.

5. tokuzumi

tokuzumi Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2004 Escalade ESV
    0   0   0
    Parts bin doesn't make things cheap. Carbon ceramic brakes, heat exchangers for days, coil overs were impressive tech. Wizard tires didn't hurt, but even putting those same wizard tires didn't turn the ZL1 into a Z/28. For the money, you would be hard-pressed to find cars off the showroom floor that could keep up on a race track. And once the Z/28 was discounted to $50k, it became a hell of a deal. I would have loved to pick one up at $50k, but seeing what the payment and loan duration would be on a $50k car, I quickly dismissed the idea.

6. GT Pony

GT Pony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
    0   0   0
    Guess we are all safe from becoming a loon.

7. Anthony 05 GT

Anthony 05 GT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
    Mechanic
    0   0   0
    Username, when you add the weight of a PD blower, heat exchanger, intercooler, pump, and aluminum intake manifold it does add up to some weight. I removed the front lowering springs on my '05 after going from a Procharger to a Whipple set up.

8. DrGrabster

DrGrabster UK Member

First Name:
    John
    Vehicle(s):
    2018 GT. Money chucked away.
    0   0   0
    Scrambling, out-facing, fashion-mongering boys

9. engineermike

engineermike Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    Z28 argument aside, stealing sales from the 5.0 is not the reason ford isn’t putting the 7.3 in the mustang. There are a dozen reasons but that isn’t one of them. There are tons of examples I can cite, the z28 being only one of them. Hell, ford just came out with a better 2.3. But but but it might steal sales from the old 2.3!!! Ford doesn’t care about that as long as they are selling cars and special editions get people into the showrooms.

They aren’t putting the dump truck motor in the mustang because it doesn’t belong there.

10. w3rkn

w3rkn Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    bmw 135is(sold)
    0   0   0

But you are not able to address my post, or rebuttal what I have said. None of your post hold to a sound logic, you just keep making blanket statements and attempting to use your opinion as reality.

Then spew psychological assessments of yourself, as individual proof of the unnamed masses.... that aren't there (in reality).

I only respond, because Your posts are so off base (you have to be trolling)… that it makes me wonder if you have evAr been on a track with a modern s550 Mustang. Or even know the capabilities of todays sports cars, taken to their limit and driven there.

11. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0
    #2216 Fatguy, May 2, 2019
    Last edited: May 2, 2019

Now, now...

He knows I’m big on free speech and thought so he gets to speak his mind without complaints or social pressure or ostracism. I’m a hard ass on that.

Everyone gets to think and speak their minds except me. I constantly self-censor myself because it will be used against me. Seen it in action many times. There are archiving robots on my websites all the time and not the usual ones. Even today there was some guy from Equifax checking up on me for someone. I put my hands up in resignation and he burst out laughing. So I went inside and kept an eye in him. He checked out my car and took photos of the back end and plates and left.

My life - and yes I asked for this so I shouldn’t complain...

12. OP
    OP
    Fatguy

Fatguy Banned

Vehicle(s):
    2017 V6 Mustang
    0   0   0

Or, maybe I have more important things on my mind. All sorts of people drive Mustangs. All voices are of equal value. There is no such thing as a troll, just differences in perspective - and ultimately who is the judge of that?

13. engineermike

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    And there’s no such thing as fact or fiction, wrong or right, yea yea we’ve heard your load of it already.

14. engineermike

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    He’s already admitted this to be true. In fact, he’s never even put his foot to the floor in a coyote mustang.....yet seems to think it has major shortcomings even compared to his v6....Tesla....the ls1....a fox body 5.0.....Subaru brz... his semi....and of course the 7.3.

15. engineermike

Vehicle(s):
    2018 GTPP A10
    0   0   0
    All these hoards of voiceless people are supposedly soooo interested in this dump truck 7.3.....yet the 6.8 v10, 5.8-6.6L mod motors, 7+ liter lsx’s, 9L mercs, etc have been available for many years yet only a handful of folks actually built or bought these and installed them in modern mustangs. But now suddenly when ford makes a big low-tech, low-compression dump truck motor we are to believe everybody wants one.

Nope.