Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
That engine and trans combo will not be less than $10k. The trans alone is $4500. Now all you need is....well.....everything else.

Original price was just for the engine. But the combo will raise the price but it all works out of the crate. Just get your custom drive shaft and hook up the gas lines and you’re good to go. Engine is lower and slimmer but slightly longer but some in the know tell me no alterations to the engine bay are needed. So I hear GM is coming up with their own version but at over 8 litres! The market wants what it wants... :crackup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Um, that’s not how it’s going to work.

A kit will help mount. The electronics included but tuneable. I’d even keep the old exhaust and just hook up via the kit. There will be several kits. Sort of like Saleen or Dech <sp> which was cheaper back in the day. The engine falls outside cafe requirements. This will happen and will not be a do-it-yourself thing. It will be a viable commercial conversion for sure. Up here in Toronto the emissions testing and inspection are a thing of the past.

I’m good!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Um, that’s not how it’s going to work.
From one engineer to another, it's not worth it man. This is like arguing religion. Facts don't matter.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
From one engineer to another, it's not worth it man. This is like arguing religion. Facts don't matter.

Yup. Performance cars are all all visceral or we would talk ourselves onto public transit.

Bigger is better...

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Just for comparison, the gm ls3 is available with transmission and a pretty good swap package to install into older vehicles. It’s $15k, and the ls3/auto is comparatively a dime a dozen vs the ford 7.3/a10.

Oh, and it doesn’t come with nearly what you need to get it up and running in a car.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Just for comparison, the gm ls3 is available with transmission and a pretty good swap package to install into older vehicles. It’s $15k, and the ls3/auto is comparatively a dime a dozen vs the ford 7.3/a10.

Oh, and it doesn’t come with nearly what you need to get it up and running in a car.

1. GM engine (I had to live with an old LT1 - never again).

2. I get to put on 7.3 badging on the fenders.

Those are my arguments against you engineer guys. My dad has one of the original rings. Magnetic - right?

Blown86GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow...just wow. You continue to amaze me on the complete lack of understanding you have related to anything automotive.

With that being said, please begin a post in the project section and keep us updated on the status of this build! I cant wait to see the ensuing comedy...

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Wow...just wow. You continue to amaze me on the complete lack of understanding you have related to anything automotive.

With that being said, please begin a post in the project section and keep us updated on the status of this build! I cant wait to see the ensuing comedy...

Not my idea. Already in the works by those more knowledge than me. I found out after all that. I never said I would do all this myself. And I think this will be a popular conversion in the Mustang community.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
1. GM engine (I had to live with an old LT1 - never again).

2. I get to put on 7.3 badging on the fenders.

Those are my arguments against you engineer guys. My dad has one of the original rings. Magnetic - right?
You completely missed the point of that post. The first three words were..... “just for comparison”. I’m trying to get across that $10k (your stated cost estimate) was woefully incorrect, as is most of your other assessments about this project.

I’m not saying it can’t be done. I just know it won’t be as cheap, easy, or awesome as you seem to think. You’d be way better off trading your base mustang in on a new gt.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Unsure if trolling or serious...

No, but but that is the way consumers think. How many 5.0 owners (not in danger of losing their license) take their badging off? In advertising my enthusiasm alone is worth 12,000 like minded individuals (in North America) which is enough to make a business plan for this conversion. It will happen and you will be able to take pictures at SEMA.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You completely missed the point of that post. The first three words were..... “just for comparison”. I’m trying to get across that $10k (your stated cost estimate) was woefully incorrect, as is most of your other assessments about this project.

I’m not saying it can’t be done. I just know it won’t be as cheap, easy, or awesome as you seem to think. You’d be way better off trading your base mustang in on a new gt.

I don’t want the present 5.0. I want iron block like my fox bodies but bigger. I want 1,200 rpm, not 3,500, 4,500 or 6,500. 1,200! I want to put it in one gear and drive all day on that like you could in the old cars. And shred the tires from that if I so wished. I want a big block. I want a “rock crusher.” And I know I’m not alone.

Sponsored