Sponsored

Who will swap for the new 7.3 V8!

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
....They designed this engine not knowing what they would come up with...
Whaaaa? You think that’s how it works?

Seriously, though, $10k might get you the long block and a set of custom headers. I’m thinking more like $20k....if you do the work yourself. Double that if you’re paying someone.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I suppose stopped qualifies as slower.....because $10k will not result in a drivable car.
A swap with all the electronics is a perfectly drivable car. That is the point. Anyone who changes the heads (for example) on this beast should not buy it...

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That beautiful 2 valve pushrod motor! They designed this engine not knowing what they would come up with and the result was a 2 valve pushrod iron block V8.

Many of you especially, especially the younger ones think you know it all but the old engines still have a place. This motor is the real deal. Massive torque real low where you use it 99% of the time. The old design is back because it’s still relevant.

Who would have thought...
Get a diesel truck. You can buy them with 2050 ft-lbs.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Whaaaa? You think that’s how it works?

Seriously, though, $10k might get you the long block and a set of custom headers. I’m thinking more like $20k....if you do the work yourself. Double that if you’re paying someone.

That’s is exactly how this engine came to be! Read up on it... :cwl:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Get a diesel truck. You can buy them with 2050 ft-lbs.

Those engines are too heavy but these are usable. They were all around the hood back in my day. Nobody complained back then. The big blocks were a beast!!!! Don’t knock it till you try one.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
A swap with all the electronics is a perfectly drivable car. That is the point. Anyone who changes the heads (for example) on this beast should not buy it...
You seriously think you can do this swap for $10k? How about posting a cost breakdown? And who said anything about changing the heads???

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
http://www.superchevy.com/how-to/additional-tech/sucp-1102-chevrolet-muscle-car-dyno-wars/

The good old days weren’t as good as people seem to remember. A stock 2018+ 5.0 made more torque (70 ftlb+) than the legends of yore from the very bottom end and 80 ftlb more at peak torque.

Quit looking at numbers and drive one. You may be pleasantly surprised. Those cars back then were different animals. These are like them but more refined I can’t wait!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
You seriously think you can do this swap for $10k? How about posting a cost breakdown? And who said anything about changing the heads???

Whatever. Still worth it. Give it a year or so and we shall see... These engines are simple. They fit. This isn’t rocket science.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Quit looking at numbers and drive one. You may be pleasantly surprised. Those cars back then were different animals. These are like them but more refined I can’t wait!
Why would you think I haven’t? Methinks nostalgia is getting the best of you, my friend. Those old motors seemed awesome back then but can’t hold a candle to today’s. A new 5.0 beats the old big block across the board. The numbers just prove what I already knew.

OP
OP
Fatguy

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
This statement tells me that you have no idea what you’re getting into.

As opposed to a GT500 supercharger V6 swap or a stroker V6 I videotaped earlier? Nostalgia is what it is. These engines can be bought with the A10 included and all the fixings. No engineering degree needed. Even Ford admits the swaps are already in the works.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
[QUOTE="Fatguy”]. These engines can be bought with the A10 included and all the fixings...[/QUOTE]

That engine and trans combo will not be less than $10k. The trans alone is $4500. Now all you need is....well.....everything else.
Sponsored