Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
end of the day ford outsells them both

.. and McDonald's sells 10x more Hamburgers than Wendys.

Give me Wendys every time.

Camaro SS 1LE is the best value on the planet right now.
Sponsored

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Bone stock, most likely no. Not in the quarter if what we are being told is true. Probably 0-60MPH.

But the GT500 looks 100x better than that POS Datsun/Nissan, so who gives a Fook. :sunglasses:

Why cant they just make a Shelby that beats a v6 turbo? Dont you think it's silly that a v8 supercharged still cant beat a turbo 6? :(

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Looks overstyled and over engineered to me - that spoiler looks ridiculous. I'd only buy one to sell it and get a GT350. Although lets see how it performs against a GT350R around a track

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Why cant they just make a Shelby that beats a v6 turbo? Dont you think it's silly that a v8 supercharged still cant beat a turbo 6? :(
Do some research about the AWD system they developed for the GT-R, it's not really about the engine why the Nissan is so friggin fast. But in the end, I'm pretty sure a duel between ZL1 1LE, Corvette Z06, Nissan GT-R and GT500 will mostly depend on the driver and their experience with the specific car. AWD is of course always easier to launch

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If you are only interested in a fast dragstrip car then buy a Tesla

Sponsored

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
I'm in :inlove: but I have no expectation I will ever have one of these. I can hear the dealers salivating now. Such an amazing pony... err snake... snakepony?

But I wanna see the green – REALLY wanna see the green – assuming the leaked info is correct.

I love when a quick visit to Mustang6G.com can make my day. :sun:

Magpul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra AT 4x4
That rear wing is absolutely hideous. I'd take a silver one with the low spoiler, but I have a feeling these will going for 80k+ and I'd take 2014 Viper with a manual for that kind of money.

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
Damn I want to see that 80 inch touch screen fitting in that car lol. Bigger than my 65 inch TV :)

David Young

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang
I like it. The wing is a little much but still ok. I'm afraid of how much it will weigh...……….

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
INTERIOR:
  • Available exposed carbon fiber instrument panel applique
  • New door panel inserts in Dark Slate Miko suede with accent stitching
  • Available Recaro racing seats with firm side bolstering and pass throughs for safety harnesses
  • Available power-adjustable seating with Miko suede inserts
  • 12-inch full color LCD instrument cluster
  • 12-speaker Bang & Olufsen premium audio system
  • 80-inch SYNC 3 touch screen

80" SYNC 3 Screen??? that's over 6.5 half feet...LOL
lol i commented on that too haha. Its typo for 8 inch but kinda funny considering most car manufacturer's put big tablets for touch screen these days. The new explorer is an example with a freaking rectangle tablet in the center console lol

MikeMM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 on order
I am truly surprised that no one mentioned the part that says the GT500 pulls more lateral g force than any previous Mustang. I have no doubt that it will need the carbon pack with the pilot sport cup 2 tyres to to that. What has worried me after watching the 6 min.drive video, is the huge drop in rpm from 1st to 2nd gear. It looked like 7,500 down to 4,500; with a slow pick up of rpm in 2nd. Any thoughts on that ?!
I think the low rate of acceleration in that video, specifically, is because they're not giving her all the beans so as not to give away the performance just yet.

BFord1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Mean looking? Yes! Pretty it isn't. The front reminds me of the alien from the Predator movies.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The car looks pretty much like people said it would. I still don't love it, but the looks are starting to grow on me. I remember I didn't like the GT350 front end at first either, and now I think it looks good. The GT500 looks good to me from some angles already.

Best parts of the GT500:
Exhaust sound is really good, especially with the blower whine on top of it.
I bet the engine will make great power and it will be fast on track.
I absolutely love the hood. The vent looks awesome and I really want those hood pins.
I'm glad it has magneride. I bet it will be comfortable on the street and will still handle very well.

Worst:
I still don't like the vertical aero slits in the front.
Blacked out bumper still isn't my favorite.
The wing doesn't look that great either. After the amazing beauty of the GT350R wing and the coolness of the latest 2019 GT350 spoiler, this one looks like something I'd expect to see on a Camaro. I'm sure it's functional, but it definitely isn't beautiful.

As far as the DCT knob goes, I like that better than a stupid handle sticking up in the way of the console. I have no problem with that. Seats are ok, not great to me.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
A Model 3 Performance Package with Cup 2s and Randy Pobst driving ran a 1.22 something at Streets of Willow.
How many laps can it do at that pace?
Sponsored