Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Just noticed it has the rotary shift knob, haha. This is a certified rich old man's car now.
Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
The car looks pretty much like people said it would. I still don't love it, but the looks are starting to grow on me. I remember I didn't like the GT350 front end at first either, and now I think it looks good. The GT500 looks good to me from some angles already.
Strange you didn't like the design of the GT350 when it was first released. Just sounds like you don't like any car when it is first released!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Just noticed it has the rotary shift knob, haha. This is a certified rich old man's car now.
You can't even get it with stick shift now so definitely an old mans car, who's happy to drive round with a ridiculous spoiler on the rear.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
That boat better have 800 god damn hp or get it da fuk out of this thread son !
I called the owner and he said it has 801 hp, but he has a hole in his net. So he doesn't troll as good as he should. I told him there was a guy on this thread that can troll better than he.

Sponsored

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
I just want to see how they got rid of the god-awful wheel hop in that IRS. Want the CF driveshaft, too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Strange you didn't like the design of the GT350 when it was first released. Just sounds like you don't like any car when it is first released!
Certain cars I really love - like I thought the 2010 Mustang was beautiful the first time I saw one. But the 2015+ nose looked like a catfish to me. I loved the rear immediately, but the front took quite a while for me to like it.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
The GT500 is supposed to be heavier than the ZL1 so even with the extra HP the weight may slow it some, but ZL1 1LE is even lighter around the track. It will be interesting to see what Randy Pobst can do with the GT500. But he really doesn't like automatics. He made fun of the ZL1 A10 when it came out at Big Willow on the Motor Trend episode 168. I am not a fan of automatics, to me sports cars are supposed to be manual.

Sponsored

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
AL
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS 2.0T AWD
The GT500 is supposed to be heavier than the ZL1 so even with the extra HP the weight may slow it some, but ZL1 1LE is even lighter around the track. It will be interesting to see what Randy Pobst can do with the GT500. But he really doesn't like automatics. He made fun of the ZL1 A10 when it came out at Big Willow on the Motor Trend episode 168. I am not a fan of automatics, to me sports cars are supposed to be manual.
Randy is an old school race car driver / enthusiast, ofcourse he prefers manual. Lets go back to weight topic, the ZL1 1LE weights only 3837 lbs which is pretty light. However the 4200 lbs assumption for the GT500 is an exaggeration. The car will most likely scale below the 4000 lbs mark especially with basic track version. With enough tire it should be faster than the ZL1 1LE. In real world though, it all depends on the driver.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
Let's go to the weight topic. I know you stated 3837 for the 1LE which is true, but below is taken from Chevrolet Product Information for the A10 for comparison. Good Bad or Ugly, just FYI. So to the GT500, when I saw that "so-called" leak of the HP and weight of the GT500, I was skeptical that it actually weighs 4200+ lbs. That is close to 300lbs more than the ZL1 A10. If the leak is true, we shall see but I hope it is not true.

upload_2019-1-15_8-50-5.png

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Damn I want to see that 80 inch touch screen fitting in that car lol. Bigger than my 65 inch TV :)
Ford is having some real issues with their signage at the show. First the 80” screen, then there is a poster next to the cutaway of the Explorer Hybrid, calling it a Plug-in Hybrid. When I asked the engineer that was near the exhibit how much range it could possibly have with such a small battery, he said “ It’s a hybrid, not a plug-in hybrid. Who told you it was a plug-in?” I pointed to the sign. I shouldn’t print his response.

Then on the base of the DCT display, Tremec is spelled Tremec, and Tremac. In the same sentence.

Snakedriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The GT500 looks Good. The DCT is Excellent. It was never going to beat a Demon in the Quarter. It should be a Great all around performance car.
Sponsored