Sponsored

Official 2020 Shelby GT500 Mustang Press Release, Specifications, Photos & Videos

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
Has anyone else noticed the hood vents are removable with the hood closed?

Useful for low speed/high rpm auto cross events to prevent heat soak? I may be heavy but it sure has the tires and brakes for some auto x.
Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
lol i commented on that too haha. Its typo for 8 inch but kinda funny considering most car manufacturer's put big tablets for touch screen these days. The new explorer is an example with a freaking rectangle tablet in the center console lol
I agree, the new Explorer looks like Ford literally grabbed a tablet off the shelf at Walmart and just leaned it against the dash, looks so out of place.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
My Friend is saying the new GTR by Nissan is still faster than this. Is this true or would this spank the Nissan GTR can anyone comment? Thanks
0-60? GTR will win every time. 1/4 Mile? It's a toss up. Road course? GTR won't even be close, the GT350 was already a good bit faster than it

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
Why is everyone attacking how fast/slow it is from the little information that was given out.

If you care about speed go buy a 2018 GT 10speed, slap a TT kit on it and run low 9's and possibly 8's all day long... You'll probably save 20k atleast doing this... Oh wait most people in here commenting can't even afford the new gt500 and are just complaining.

Sponsored

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
spoke with head guy at local dealer here. they still have not heard a single thing about it and zero updates from ford on anything despite numerous attempts. I'm at least on a reminder list... that's the more time i have to make up my mind about this thing means more time to think if i'd rather have manual gt350 or R or this 500.

actually feels good to not be in a rush about this car.

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated
spoke with head guy at local dealer here. they still have not heard a single thing about it and zero updates from ford on anything despite numerous attempts. I'm at least on a reminder list... that's the more time i have to make up my mind about this thing means more time to think if i'd rather have manual gt350 or R or this 500.

actually feels good to not be in a rush about this car.
I 2nd that, it looks like the GT500 would not be for me. I would take the GT350(R) instead. I get to row through the gears myself.

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
I'm just here to throw some love at this car. Seeing a lot of not so positive repsonses. That's okay, and to be expected. People will warm up over time. Yes, it looks like we expected, but I like it! Remember, the emotions of the design always express themselves better in person. Can't wait to see it up close next month in Chicago, hope they send the blue one . Then the wait begins for price and performance over the summer.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which road course? I just looked at one example at Big Willow and the GT350R was way below the GTR and the ZL1.

https://fastestlaps.com/tracks/willow-springs
Those are 2 separate drivers (GT350 driver isn't even noted, so probably just some random guy against a pro racing driver) on different days. Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca on the same day with the same driver, GT350R is over half a second faster
https://www.motortrend.com/cars/mclaren/570/2016/2016-motor-trend-best-drivers-car/

Sponsored

roygriffin2020

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Red reincarnated

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Scofield is claiming his dealer has pricing info of $86K MSRP.

I really am suspect that any dealer has any info on pricing anywhere. Pilot Production hasn’t even started yet.

I can’t remember all the timing for the GT350, but were they already in PP at launch?

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Scofield is claiming his dealer has pricing info of $86K MSRP.

I really am suspect that any dealer has any info on pricing anywhere. Pilot Production hasn’t even started yet.

I can’t remember all the timing for the GT350, but were they already in PP at launch?
Funny Schofield gets only dealer in country to talk... If it's even true. Most likely hearsay. Meanwhile us normal folk get told Ford ain't said nothing which is most likely true

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Funny Schofield gets only dealer in country to talk... If it's even true. Most likely hearsay. Meanwhile us normal folk get told Ford ain't said nothing which is most likely true
If his dealer got it then my dealer got it. They got nothing. Maybe they’ll get it tomorrow?
Sponsored