MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I tried to argue this point successfully and got laughter from people in the program. I was quickly reminded how many millions (under 10 million but more than five:)) it would cost to redesign the rear. It would be across the board in terms of tooling, testing, etc in order to make it work for all models. And to be clear, it is a steel quarter panel, that is used to form a welded assembly. This is a major undertaking and not even remotely comparable to that of tooling up a different front fender.

Be thankful that Ford can fit a 315 out back and that you can squeeze a 325 in place of it - I did just that on my own GT350. The previous generation chassis, the S197, suffered from the same issue but on a scale even worse such that the GT500 was limited to a 285 out back with 662hp. Now that was sad.

Interesting info as always. At the end of the day, it has more tire than the ZL1 (heck, I have the same size tires as a ZL1 on my regular body GT and they fit perfect ...), and just as much (more?) tire as a ZLE (I think with the optional wheels), and certainly those cars have outstanding performance that doesn't seem to be "tire limited".
Sponsored