GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mine are kept in my bedroom in a pouch. The other keys are kept near the door, so they can steal those instead lol
Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
The button press can be captured and saved to use later though.
But can it though? Do they not use rolling (ie changing) codes?

Biffboff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bullitt
I have been thinking about this and was looking for to buy one of these pouch's and keeping my spare key in a biscuit tin.

But.... on Saturday I was getting my dash cam removed from car and speaking to the installer (remover!!) and he was pushing this new immobiliser from "https://www.ghostimmobiliser.co.uk/" I've not looked that far into this but the short version is that it still allows a copied signal to open the car but it will not start, that is until your press a pre-set number of dashboard buttons in a particular sequence, maybe worth a look but at ÂŁ400+ a bit pricey and my insurance company has never heard of it so no discount at that end either.

I remember back in the day having a ÂŁ2 switch hidden somewhere that just killed/immobilised the ignition circuit roughly in the same way, I mentioned this and the sales pitch reply was that the Ghost system works using the can bus system and very modern and reliable blah blah, I'm still thinking about the ÂŁ2 quid option, but then again I am from Jockistan

OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The code should be encrypted so it can't be read :facepalm:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
The code should be encrypted so it can't be read :facepalm:
the encryption used by auto systems is laughable one recent system was caught using the old RC4 style (which is crackable on a phone in a few seconds these days)
the tech used in general in cars is so far behind because the manufacturers unfortunately rely in the "well its not connected to the internet therefore its safe" approach. this is clearly wrong but its what we have to live with :(

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Gutted.my 2019 is due next week.i have bought a key pouch/cctv/disklok/dashcam with parking mode.
You can disable the keyless entry feature on MY18+ cars.
This doesn’t mean it can’t be stolen, it just means they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Pegasus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Mustang GT
You can disable the keyless entry feature on MY18+ cars.
This doesn’t mean it can’t be stolen, it just means they’ll have to do it the old fashioned way.
Really? How do you do it? Is there a video or guide somewhere? I looked online, in the owners manual and asked around here before and didn't have any luck.
If true it would mean not having to use a Faraday pouch.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
If you're going to buy a Mustang/nice car and not have/park it in a garage, shouldn't buy one.

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Whoever thought keyless entry was a good idea? This is definitely a case of unnecessary gimmicky tech.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GR11M

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going to buy a Mustang/nice car and not have/park it in a garage, shouldn't buy one.
Ironically insurance is more for keeping your car in a garage and the single garages we have here aren't big enough.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
i have nicer cars in the garage that take priority
I can barely fit my cleaning kit in the garage, it's full of junk :crackup: common for the vast majority of car owners in the UK I think?

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Whoever thought keyless entry was a good idea? This is definitely a case of unnecessary gimmicky tech.
Yea it has its drawbacks, but I really like not having to faff around and get a key out of my pocket to get in/start.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
One third of my household loves it. A further third recognises the security risks, and the final third couldn't care less as it clambers into its car seat...

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Yea it has its drawbacks, but I really like not having to faff around and get a key out of my pocket to get in/start.
I have to get my keys out to unlock the steering wheel lock so waste of time
Sponsored

Last edited: