W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
I walk away without looking and enter the supermarket. Then I pop out again to spot any scroats, oh yes.
Did that at ASDA last week - found two uniformed "scroats" standing by my Mustang - I walked over

they were staring in through the side windows - and as I approached the first one said "what do you want this is police business" - so I responded "its my car - whats up?"

- turned out they were simply admiring it! - had a good natter with them and left them "guarding" my car :cwl:
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
you know the old saying "set a thief to catch a thief" this is especially true of anyone working for the "police" in doncaster :)

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
don't buy this one
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173504331633

Keys wrapped in tin foil, no signal , keys in the "key blocker" pouch I can open and close it like it's wrapped in tissue
Might be operator error , hadn't noticed there were 2 sections but it has to be said, why not just have the one , you don't need 2 sections

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
I think it a bit ‘tin foil hat’ ish to keep the keys in a pouch when out of the house. It is theoretically possible for thieves to use gadgetry to open the vehicle door by detecting your key fob but it would be hugely difficult to organise successfully when you are out and about. They may as well just mug you for the key!

By all means keep the key in a shielded pouch when at home. However, the rolling codes emitted when using the fob buttons to open the vehicle can be intercepted and used later so it’s not completely secure. Once inside the vehicle it is relatively simple to download the necessary data via the always powered OBD port to clone a key and away goes your p & j!

Personally, I find the keyless entry / start a good thing and very convenient, especially when opening the boot of the locked car.

BTW, have you tested your key tin - this method doesn’t always work!
Garvin I read of a case where a guy waiting at a checkout noticed someone just outside holding a boxy object & another at drivers door of his car. Second opened the door & got in & the first ran across jumped in & they drove away. The owner was helpless to do anything.
Yes I have checked with my keys in the tin next to the car the doors will not open with the touch pad.

Sponsored

wack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Shadow Edition Triple Yellow
Might be operator error , hadn't noticed there were 2 sections but it has to be said, why not just have the one , you don't need 2 sections
Yup, works ok , hadn't noticed the 2nd flap at the top, ok for just a mustang key but a bit snug if you have any other keys or a key ring
Sponsored