Sponsored

It's gone, sob!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Put it on eBay around 230pm today, chap called at 3pm and just drove down from Chester to me in Surrey, paid the money and I have just watched it drive away at midnight.

Heart breaking. She looked so good and sounded wonderful as she was driven down my lane.

Sadly she had to go, especially as I have to move from my country pad to a pokey flat in London and the thought of the Mustang left sat out on the mean streets of the city with little time to drive it, if one can actually drive in London, means it was best sold to an enthusiast you would use it.

Maybe I'll get another cheap Yank like my Mercury Grand Marquis or even a Fox Body.

Still shocked at how quickly she sold, especially as earlier in the year I had no interest over 6 weeks apart from a dealer offering an almost WBAC offer.

For now I'll breath a sigh of relief that the sale went well and that I have avoided next months bills of insurance, service, road tax and new front tyres.
Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
Put it on eBay around 230pm today, chap called at 3pm and just drove down from Chester to me in Surrey, paid the money and I have just watched it drive away at midnight.

Heart breaking. She looked so good and sounded wonderful as she was driven down my lane.

Sadly she had to go, especially as I have to move from my country pad to a pokey flat in London and the thought of the Mustang left sat out on the mean streets of the city with little time to drive it, if one can actually drive in London, means it was best sold to an enthusiast you would use it.

Maybe I'll get another cheap Yank like my Mercury Grand Marquis or even a Fox Body.

Still shocked at how quickly she sold, especially as earlier in the year I had no interest over 6 weeks apart from a dealer offering an almost WBAC offer.

For now I'll breath a sigh of relief that the sale went well and that I have avoided next months bills of insurance, service, road tax and new front tyres.
Sad loss but sounds like you made the right decision.
In the mid-90s,I had a 1978 black 2 door Grand Marquis with a built 460. I still miss that car but you'll probably need 2 London parking spaces for one.

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
You'll get one again someday. no worries man

TimG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT manual
Perhaps you should have kept the car & got another job outside London. I dont want to go there never mind "live" there. I doubt if its worth having any decent car in London but if you do get something probably best avoid diesel. You enjoyed the Mustang experience for near two years. Tell the grand kids I remember when you could have a 5 litre engine & I had a Mustang!!

Tim

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Gutted for ya mate but sounds like it had to be done...congrats on the quick sale, that's impressive.

I remember seeing my Ecoboost drive away, it's a weird feeling - seeing it from a different perspective for the first time, makes you suddenly realize how damn good it looks! But sad at the same time, even though I was days away from collecting the GT, it was like saying goodbye to a friend.

Hopefully we'll see you back in a stang some day :cool:

Sponsored

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Many reasons why I have to move back to the Smoke. One is saving money, would you believe :D

The hours spent commuting were doing me in and the cost in fuel, even using my lesser car, was eye watering.

But most importantly I will be around the corner from my kids who need me and I miss.

Also I was looking at the sharp end of 1600 quid in bills for the Mustang in Jan. Tax, service, 2 new tyres and insurance.

In fact insurance would have been going up what with being in London and my newly added SP30.

My venerable old BMW e36, owned now for 19 years, will still be with me. It wears it's battle scars from London living well.

Last edited:

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Its sad but you gotta do whats best in the long term.
I will be selling mine soon,probably stick it on Ebay with a good starting price, they seem to sell that way.

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
It was nice to see it go to a lad who was so excited and already has mods in mind and works for his family's body shop, thus he had no problem with the hole in the fog light surround.

Apart from eBay pics, I was cleaning it yesterday as I had a place at the Pistonheads Sunday Service in Dorking on Sunday. Woke up this morning and realised that I no longer had a car to take.

Edited to add that I have just worked out that in 23 months and 13700 miles of ownership it has cost me only ÂŁ182 a month in depreciation.

Pretty good for a Ford :D

Last edited:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Hard decision but sounds like the right one :thumbsup:

Sponsored

stiggy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 V8 Manual Fastback, DIB
Congrats on the sale :thumbsup:

Mine's not moved despite being 'as-new' and under 2k miles?

Had some lowball offers from trade and private, but the car is already low priced (in my opinion at least). But these things are only worth what people are willing to pay. Maybe I'll lob it on eBay to widen the net.

Not that fussed about selling, but is interesting to see how lukewarm the market has become.

Had a look on eBay for your ad - but couldn't see a listing?

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
But most importantly I will be around the corner from my kids who need me and I miss.
Always the right decision. Good on you. And good on you for being a pioneer on here.

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Thanks Slowhand, and Stiggy I pulled the ad as soon as it was sold.

Avalyn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's good going to sell so quickly .. new Mustang out, winter coming, big v8 petrol with all the bills :thumbsup:

Even though it's a Mustang .. it's only a car I guess and there's always the next one to look forward to :D

Worst car for me to see drive away was my Forester STi. I went all the way down to Litchfield from Aberdeen to pick it up but moved into town and my walk to work was @7 minutes. It was wasted sitting on a driveway 6 days a week :(

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Jesus wept that sold fast, what did you list it for if you don't mind me asking :)?
Sponsored