avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Classic signs of AC failure tonight, cold air passenger side my side blowing out warm air.This is not blend door actuators, I've read too many posts on it, and it's the core leaking.
I knew deep down this would eventually happen and it's a massive problem in the states especially the hotter climates.
So it looks like my dash is coming out for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Sponsored

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Classic signs of AC failure tonight, cold air passenger side my side blowing out warm air.This is not blend door actuators, I've read too many posts on it, and it's the core leaking.
I knew deep down this would eventually happen and it's a massive problem in the states especially the hotter climates.
So it looks like my dash is coming out for the 2nd time in 6 months.
Sh!t sorry to hear about that :(

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks,bit more chilled out about it now, at least they know how the dash comes out.Love the car, the v8 etc, but it's a shame Ford chucked shit parts at it.The oil cooler will be next!

Spider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT MY19 Bullitt
Thanks,bit more chilled out about it now, at least they know how the dash comes out.Love the car, the v8 etc, but it's a shame Ford chucked shit parts at it.The oil cooler will be next!
Mines been in pieces for a while now...when its fixed I'm sure something else will go wrong. Doesn't inspire confidence :)

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Warmer climate over here (although it's the middle of winter right now) and mine is also on the way out.

Driver's side is blowing barely cool air whilst the passenger side is still icy cold (when dual climate both set to LO). I've also noticed some white powder intermittently blowing from the centre dash vents.

Mine's a December 2015 (MY2016) build. There's quite a few failing over here of late, the dealer's first response seems to be just topping up the gas and sticking in a dye to check for leaks. Most are just destined to fail again (not sure if the dealers here are fully aware of the widespread evap core failures in the US or are just sticking their heads in the sand).

Not looking forward to the dash being pulled out.

attachment.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I felt the same when they pulled out my dash for a faulty loom.To be fair they did a good job.
I expect them to do the same though, refill it.
They surely must be aware of the evaporater core failure in the US.The other half wants me to get it fixed then trade it in:faint:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Mine is going in for the same repair today. Been without AC for nearly 2 months now!

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
I have barely used my AC but it is surprisingly un American. Not ice cold at all, just cool.

I have had knackered Renault Scenic rental cars in France that have much colder AC.

Even my 19 year old Beemer makes a much better effort.

The AC in my 1999 Mercury was proper US icy cold.

So maybe mine is feked but not sure about having the dash out. Sure it'll never go back in properly.

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Because of my other issue I read all the posts on this fault.
It will start with the drivers side pumping out not so cold air, then it gets warmer.In the end it fails altogether.Some of the US guys have had it done a few times because Ford keep sticking the same crap core in that leaks.I think they have a revised core now, but the dash coming off is a big job.Not happy about it but what do you do.I would be more pissed off if it was out of warranty, which is what I'm worried about if i dont trade it in.

Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Dropped it off this morning. 90min return trip to get it to a Ford Store that (hopefully) know what they are doing.

Im cruising around in this for the forseeable.... 115bhp of pure fun, although I shouldnt grumble. I had to work HARD to get a free courtesy car, its just not a done thing here.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Because of my other issue I read all the posts on this fault.
It will start with the drivers side pumping out not so cold air, then it gets warmer.In the end it fails altogether.Some of the US guys have had it done a few times because Ford keep sticking the same crap core in that leaks.I think they have a revised core now, but the dash coming off is a big job.Not happy about it but what do you do.I would be more pissed off if it was out of warranty, which is what I'm worried about if i dont trade it in.
Although this sucks and I hope they sort it for you mate, don't think about trading it in, especially when you still have at least a year+ left on the warranty....just enjoy the car :thumbsup:

OP
OP
avocet

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I know mate, but I seem to spend my life at the dealers.
If I could do it all again I would have waited and bought a later car, at least some of the glitches would have been ironed out.I got in first thing because I thought the Ford UK mustang was only going to be a very short term thing.

Stark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I know mate, but I seem to spend my life at the dealers.
If I could do it all again I would have waited and bought a later car, at least some of the glitches would have been ironed out.I got in first thing because I thought the Ford UK mustang was only going to be a very short term thing.
The later cars changed things yes but it doesn't mean you may not have had other problems. Get the car booked in, AC sorted and enjoy the car mate and if in a 6 months time you don't fancy the chance of keeping it past warranty, trade it in for a newer model :cheers:

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Well, they called me yesterday with 'good news'.

Theyve re-gassed it and they reckon its all sorted.

To say im sceptical is an understatement. If it lasts a week and goes tits-up again im going to be mega-angry. I think they are doing everything possible to avoid having to rip the interior out, which on one hand I understand, but on the other hand.... if there's a problem it needs fixing! Also doesnt explain why the car has lost all its AC gas.

Picking up this afternoon, will update as and when.
Sponsored