Wheel bearing gone already?

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Hey guys, ive been doing some caliper painting recently and noticed that my disc was wobbly took a look behind and indeed the joint has a load of play in it,

Will this be covered under warranty or should I just replace it myself?
Sponsored

maddog1982

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (S550)
Had mine replaced at Furrows Ford under warranty 2 weeks a go. Car had done 6000 ish miles on it. Shocking

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Oh dear! I'm on 23k now, I've only just had her go in for AC to which they've not done the TSB so that'll probably go again out of warranty (Sept)

Yeah dont know if I can be arsed to get them to do it...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
did about 17k before my fronts went out (both), didn't cover due to suspension mods (okay fair enough), but, without any suspension mods i'd assume you should be covered.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah no mods re suspension but they may try it on with painting my own calipers haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Sure it's not the hub nut needs tightening? They've been known to work loose pretty quick.
Didnt think of that I could take the cap off n look, if that's what you're referring to?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Didnt think of that I could take the cap off n look, if that's what you're referring to?
Yes, the bolt behind the hub - if you need the 36mm socket that fits, i've got one here if you wanna borrow it

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the bolt behind the hub - if you need the 36mm socket that fits, i've got one here if you wanna borrow it
OK I'll get it up when I get chance and take a look to see, thanks I'll bear that in mind if it is loose :like:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think I'd just buy a new hub n bearing assembly if it is the case, I'm going to check all the hub nuts to make sure first if it is kaput she'll have to go in for a warranty repair. I'm off Thursday so I'll get chance to do it then

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Just make sure it is the bearing not just the disk that is loose (normal) Put the wheel back on and tighten the nuts then check the wheel for play. If it is the bearing it will move when you rock the wheel. if it is just the disk then when you put the wheel on and tighten the nuts it will be held in place and the wheel will not rock

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Bear in mind if it is the hub the bearing might want doing anyway...
Cheaper to get a Hub/bearing assembly than just a Hub or Just a bearing (bearing was about $5 cheaper, but factoring in making someone press out the old one, and press the new one in, expensive).

@Chappers if you need a hand give me a bell i'm in the road and literally just went through this shit show with hubs/bearings. Get to it sooner than later, as one of my hubs actually sheered one of my spindle bolts andi couldn't get the retaining nut off, so had to buy and ENTIRE new hub/knuckle spindle unit.

OP
OP
Chappers

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Cheaper to get a Hub/bearing assembly than just a Hub or Just a bearing (bearing was about $5 cheaper, but factoring in making someone press out the old one, and press the new one in, expensive).

@Chappers if you need a hand give me a bell i'm in the road and literally just went through this shit show with hubs/bearings. Get to it sooner than later, as one of my hubs actually sheered one of my spindle bolts andi couldn't get the retaining nut off, so had to buy and ENTIRE new hub/knuckle spindle unit.
Yeah I'm going to assess the nuts first, I bought a 36mm socket as I'll probably need it in the future, then if they're all tight/tightened and it's still a problem I'll get it booked in, I'll probably go to BSM in bham this time as they deal with mustangs day in day out...

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I'm going to assess the nuts first, I bought a 36mm socket as I'll probably need it in the future, then if they're all tight/tightened and it's still a problem I'll get it booked in, I'll probably go to BSM in bham this time as they deal with mustangs day in day out...
Yeah BSM looked at mine in birmingham, regarding the nut element, if it's lose, get a new one. They're "one time use" and torque lock style, when i redid mine i lathered them in threadlock as well, not a prayer one of those were coming back off after one decided to shag the spindle.

As you're unmodded, any inherent issues it's caused - totally BSM's job to fix!
Sponsored