Status
Not open for further replies.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Nike sales up 31%. Must be people replacing all the gear they burned.
Sponsored

Kep4

Jaeger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang GT PP1
Nike sales up 31%. Must be people replacing all the gear they burned.
Or folks buying into the marketing hype... maybe? That will help the cause!

Maybe this will help the oppressed:

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
I don't do boycotts, if I did, and felt the way some do about this I would never have purchased my Mustang. A year or so back "FORD" supported the NFL protest.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Or folks buying into the marketing hype... maybe? That will help the cause!

Maybe this will help the oppressed:
That PSA would not have helped Tamir Rice... not to mention the police offer who shot him was deemed emotionally unstable/unfit at a previous job.

Not sure if your post was a joke, bad taste, or maybe you are uninformed.... either way, you should probably do some research on subjects before posting.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Where did you read that on their website? Just wondering... I looked but did not see anything.... did not find anything like that in a google search.

Edit:
To keep my post on topic....

I don't mind people protesting. That is fine... long as legal.

I support Kaepernick using his "fame" to protest... that is 100% fine.

Unfortunately, I can't support him kneeling during the Star-Spangled Banner. There are some things you don't do. He had other avenues to protest... definitely should have taken another road. That is my opinion.

Having been to war and lost friends in war, my opinion is more personal. I love the old Red, White, and Blue. The song means something... yea, "just a song" and "just cloth", but it means something special to me. It is personal. Heck, I take pictures of American flags when I see a cool setting (last one was a sunrise over a large flag on a construction site).

Far as football, of course the NFL "blackballed" him. He is still a "very good" player... better than many backup QBs, IMO. I would not have hired him though...
You are correct, thank you for taking the time to research, so few people do.. They just repeat what is on social media. The closest thing to this is in Wikipedia #11 . Maybe fake news but the quote I mention is reported by very many mainstream online news agencies in America and overseas. It was not from one source but used in many reports. The quote is always reported as part of founding. This group of people regardless are anti-American just read what they want in Wikipedia.

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
I lived in the bay for 32 years. I am a diehard 9er fan, and I’ll never forgive Kaep for what he did to us in 2012. After the league figured him out, he was benched in favor of Gabbert, rightfully so. He’s garbage, and that’s all you need to know. I give two fucks about his politics; he’s a shit player. #ninergang

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
I wish this flag kneeling crap would have been going on around 9/11/01..Would have been interesting to see how brave they would have been back then to get on their knees when the anthem played and flag waved..

OP
OP
Jimmy G

Jimmy G

Hangin' about, waitin'..
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt
I wish this flag kneeling crap would have been going on around 9/11/01..Would have been interesting to see how brave they would have been back then to get on their knees when the anthem played and flag waved..
Back then the ginger whinger was just a hairdo and the world was a different place.

This wouldn't have become such a divisive political issue and the rhetoric would have been more measured.

Last edited:

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
49er fan here and one who was very much on the kaep train at first. im totally down for usin his fame/position to voice his opinion and get attention to a needed subject but doing so the way he did automatically labeled the 49ers as having the same view regardless if its true or not. theres an old saying that you play for the team on the front of your jersey not for the name on the back. use your fame for good but dont force others to share your opinion. he should have done something outside of football or at least without the uniform on. secondly he was good for about a year and a half until all the defenses figured him out then he was just another backup qb problem is in this league no team will take a backup who is going to cause a distraction aka kaep and kneeling. therefore no one will sign him. play a different position and i bet he wouldve been picked up. lastly i think it was cool what nike did. i mean really he fit their ad campaign perfectly. he did stand up for something he believed in and did give up everything to support that. and at the end of the day it was a peaceful protest and ill take a peaceful protest over a bunch of rioting bigots any day.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.