Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Yes driveline angles are very sensitive to change. Kelly at bmr sells a kit with longer bolts to accommodate the shims, give hime a call!!!
Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Yes driveline angles are very sensitive to change. Kelly at bmr sells a kit with longer bolts to accommodate the shims, give hime a call!!!
Thanks for the info. When I get the car back I need to do that if the problem is somewhat addressed on their end but as long as that vibration is present I am not doing a thing to it as its Fords problem in my opinion
I dont mind adding the shims to prevent the issue from coming back but I damn sure am not going to mask the issue for it to bite me in the ass later after its out of warranty.

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I purchased longer bolts and shimmed mine a 1/4 but unfortunately made my Vibes above 60mph worse, I removed shims for now.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I purchased longer bolts and shimmed mine a 1/4 but unfortunately made my Vibes above 60mph worse, I removed shims for now.
Pretty sure the shimming the trans mount is just for the one piece drive shaft ..It does nothing for the two piece driveshaft ..

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Been gone for a while so I came back to check and not surprised there is still no fix. Glad to hear the execs lost their bonuses, I lost enjoyment of a car I worked 20 years for! I'm hopeful for a future recall or class action lawsuit or something. The problem is... many Mustang owners don't notice or care about vibrations. Many more cars have this issue than is reported.

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
My car has had vibration issues since the beginning when I bought it last summer, but I thought this was typical of the car and didn't think too much of it. However in the past few weeks it has increased to a point where it is ridiculously bad. The car feels unstable. I'm taking it to the dealership Monday. It's a good thing I'm off for the summer, I can see this taking all summer to get sorted out.
Good luck with that...my dealer couldn't fix this and I sold my 2015 GT PP, it only had 5,000 miles.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah most dealers will just jerk you around best way to fix is to measure your pinion angles and if off fix it with shims!!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Yeah most dealers will just jerk you around best way to fix is to measure your pinion angles and if off fix it with shims!!
pinion angle is not going to fix the problem on a stock two piece drive shaft ..Aftermarket one piece DS if might fix ..

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
pinion angle is not going to fix the problem on a stock two piece drive shaft ..Aftermarket one piece DS if might fix ..
Dont knock it till you tried it...dealership wont be able to fix it at all. thats the only thing thats certain!

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Update

The dealer told me today they replaced a coupler, whatever that is, guessing it may be the rubber bushing between the 2 driveshafts as thats where Ford told them to start looking. That didnt help and now they have a rear end and the right axle shaft on order. They have had the car a week so far.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Been gone for a while so I came back to check and not surprised there is still no fix. Glad to hear the execs lost their bonuses, I lost enjoyment of a car I worked 20 years for! I'm hopeful for a future recall or class action lawsuit or something. The problem is... many Mustang owners don't notice or care about vibrations. Many more cars have this issue than is reported.

So true. It has to be way more cars doing this than we realize. In my case they are throwing parts at it and I know its just going to come back and then what ? If they would take the car back today I would just do that as I have lost faith that it will truly be resolved

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Update

The dealer told me today they replaced a coupler, whatever that is, guessing it may be the rubber bushing between the 2 driveshafts as thats where Ford told them to start looking. That didnt help and now they have a rear end and the right axle shaft on order. They have had the car a week so far.
Keep us posted on the outcome .:thumbsup:

Unadilla248

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
7x
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Dont knock it till you tried it...dealership wont be able to fix it at all. thats the only thing thats certain!
1/4" shims made vibes on my 2 peice worse, Will try again once I go 1 peice.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
This thread should be a stickie by now - it affects all 2015-2017 S550's...
Sponsored