Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Got me a new shifter, a WMG updated version in Race Red :eyebulge:

1_zpsdfgginyb.jpg

This thing is really nice with beautiful craftsmanship. May be the easiest mod I've done in a while. Simply pop the shifter bezel, pull the boot inside out to expose the 2 phillips head screws and the stock shifter is off. Swap in the masterpiece and click the bezel back in place.

Joe [MENTION=21135]JPM Coachworks[/MENTION] made me a custom hybrid Alcantara manual shift boot with the required auto plastic piece to be plug & play :headbang:

2_zpsr8yia651.jpg

While I was at it I installed my GT350R steering wheel, Alcantara E-brake, console lid and console side panels. Man Joe does some really nice work.

3_zpsdcmt1duc.jpg

Here you can see the Roush active exhaust control. I really like the way this looks as well as works. My favorite mod to date.

4_zpsdodvqaco.jpg

5_zpsqficafzb.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Looking good!
Cant wait to see it!

SC_Ruby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Ruby Red
Loving the interior :headbang:

carnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard GT PP Stg 2 Whipped
Looks great Jaime! I like the blackout package and all the upgrades look great! You have me looking at those mud guards now. Lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Off to a great start already, damn. Your last build was fantastic, and this one is already a work of art. Gotta say, you've got some impeccable tastes.

Also, I wanna say, that trufiber valance blows the roush valance away. The roush one is chunky and bigger, and that trufiber one looks like it belongs on the car. CF isn't my personal thing (just too expensive for me), but if they made that valance in normal oem plastic, I would've went with that instead of the gt350 quads.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Off to a great start already, damn. Your last build was fantastic, and this one is already a work of art. Gotta say, you've got some impeccable tastes.

Also, I wanna say, that trufiber valance blows the roush valance away. The roush one is chunky and bigger, and that trufiber one looks like it belongs on the car. CF isn't my personal thing (just too expensive for me), but if they made that valance in normal oem plastic, I would've went with that instead of the gt350 quads.
Thanks a lot my friend, I appreciate the kind words. It's funny, you bring up a few points I completely agree with.

One, having had the the GT350 exhaust on my last car I wanted to be different this time. I knew I still absolutely had to have quad tip exhaust but I found my last exhaust was too quiet at idle and low to mid RPMs but it was plenty loud enough under heavy acceleration. I wanted something that would be louder during 90% of my driving but would also be drone free and fairly quiet when on trips with the wife and on the highway. Right away I knew the Roush setup was perfect for me putting cost aside.

Two, I bought the Roush valance and when I saw it in person I was not happy with the fit and finnish. Compared to the GT350 valance it was very low quality and I couldn't get past why they made it three pieces. Then, after reading the directions, I found out I had to drill holes making it impossible to switch back to stock without repairing or replacing the entire bumper. I now knew I needed a different option and this is when I found Tru Fiber's valance. I agree the price scared me but I got a good deal on the active exhaust part of the kit from a forum member so I bit the bullet.

Three, having stayed away from carbon fiber on the exterior for years (mostly due to cost) I was hesitant to pull the trigger. Now having it I am so very glad I did. This thing fits so nicely and it didn't require me to modify or cut anything (other than the stock diffuser). The reverse light is plug and play, I didn't have to cut off the two plastic braces that hang down like I did for the GT350 valance and it even still uses the black plastic bracket in the middle just below the reverse light. All that said it looks like it belongs there and the overall outcome has made me a fan of carbon fiber lol. I'm gonna save some money and get matching side skirts and the front chin spoiler to complete the look and have CF along the entire bottom of the car. This will help the valance look not so out of place being the only CF on the exterior. I'm not saying I didn't like the GT350 valance because I did but I'm happier with this valance.

Anyway, thanks for the cudos :headbang:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great Jaime! I like the blackout package and all the upgrades look great! You have me looking at those mud guards now. Lol
Thank you :cheers:

The flaps do their job and look pretty good I must say. Of the few options out there I believe it's the best one and probably the cheapest as well.

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Loving your mods so far; as previously stated very classy taste!

Interested to hear your feedback on the new WM Garage shifter. I nearly pulled the trigger but read that the first version had a few niggles that needed addressing. Does it have a very positive engagement between positions?

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Your interior is 100% what I want mine to be. The redline interior, Alcantara kit, GT350R wheel and even the shifter. Love it.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
That shifter looks killer. Makes you do a double take if it's an auto or manual.
Have you played with the shift paddles yet Jaime? Curious as to your thoughts on those.

AvaGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Also curious as to why you went to the full manual shift boot. I love the look but I'm worried that's too much and might look "poserish". Should I care? Lol

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Build is looking great already - congrats on the new ride. I've been contemplating what a switch from manual to auto would be like....

On a side note, if you want to unload the Borla mid-muffler I may be interested. ;)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your interior is 100% what I want mine to be. The redline interior, Alcantara kit, GT350R wheel and even the shifter. Love it.
Thank you!

That shifter looks killer. Makes you do a double take if it's an auto or manual.
Have you played with the shift paddles yet Jaime? Curious as to your thoughts on those.
I have a little and its pretty cool. Its a whole new world for me but I'm loving the change. Right now I'm trying to find what setting I should be using. I've got "S" mode on the shifter, Sport mode, sport + mode, track mode. Once I figure this all out I'll play more with the paddles.

Also curious as to why you went to the full manual shift boot. I love the look but I'm worried that's too much and might look "poserish". Should I care? Lol
Honestly only because I don't like how the plastic looks on either side of the boot. The (PRNDS) indicators don't even show you what position the shifter is in, thats all on the center display so its pretty worthless anyway. I'm not trying to look like a manual, I just like the look better. I would even use this boot with the stock shifter but I feel its the new shifter that makes it look like a manual the most. Unfortunately there are very few options for auto knobs but this knob is sooooo much better than the factory one and I love it. I did this for me and I'm not worried about looking like a "poser" and I say if you like it just do it :thumbsup:

Build is looking great already - congrats on the new ride. I've been contemplating what a switch from manual to auto would be like....

On a side note, if you want to unload the Borla mid-muffler I may be interested. ;)
Easily the best decision I have ever made. I am so in love with this car its not even funny. This thing feels so good I even thought about NOT installing the Whipple. Well, for a second anyway because that would be plain crazy :crazy:

If I was making my decision today I'd sell the mid muff but I'm waiting till after I install the headers and Whipple to decide. It's my back up incase it gets crazy loud or drones.