Sponsored

Found on Road Dead

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
If they have to replace a engine, trans, or rear end they will for sure fully go through the ECU and determine it is(was) tuned before giving the green light.

The Houston GT350 owner that wrecked at cars and coffee tried to make a warranty claim at our local dealership saying the rear end just kicked out from him.

They said nice try but we do have the internet you know and advised him to contact his insurance company.
Lmao, stupid people with stupid money.
Sponsored

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base coupe
Do you guys not visit the technical forum? There are people on there with 7500+ rev limiters set on their vehicle, it seems pretty common to put it up to 8000+ with the GT350 intake manifold. Ford sets it to 7500 with power pack 3, apparently, and they are going to be conservative. There are concerns for OPG and maybe harmonic balancer in that range but from the sounds of this post that doesn't seem to be the issue.

The link posted above is about the pre S550 Coyote as well, they did make enhancements to the new Coyote that may have improved its ability to handle higher revs.

Anyhow, it doesn't sound like the issue here has to do with the engine anyway, no need to beat the guy up about a professional tuner's work. Lund is pretty well respected and does raise the rev up on their tunes to this range.

Good luck with getting it fixed, hopefully it is something simple. Have you looked around the rear for any damage to the half shafts, drive shaft, or diff?
Yea I certainly didn't post here to get bashed so thanks for that.

As far as physical damage here is none that I can see. Just got out from under it.

As far as the tune it's nothing to do with that either. I returned the car to stock and have the same issue.

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The coyote is not recommended to run 8000rpm stock, it may but it is very risky, however i believe something in the tune must have not been done correctly, as the ecm is obviously throwing his car in limp as soon as he reached 8000rpms!
The car will go into limp mode if it hits any pre set rev limiter even the stock one.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Yea I certainly didn't post here to get bashed so thanks for that.

As far as physical damage here is none that I can see. Just got out from under it.

As far as the tune it's nothing to do with that either. I returned the car to stock and have the same issue.

How is the oil pressure? It's very likely that it will have something to do with a valve train or timing component, by the sounds of it.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
The car will go into limp mode if it hits any pre set rev limiter even the stock one.
Iv'e hit the rev limiter a few times without any type of issue when I was stock?

Sponsored

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is the oil pressure? It's very likely that it will have something to do with a valve train or timing component, by the sounds of it.

This is a base GT so no physical gauge. It it does show normal in the dash. No DTC's that the sct programmer can read anyway.

I could almost bet by the way the car revs erratically and sputters when you press the gas it's something to do with the tps or throttle body itself but just not sure at this point.

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
This is a base GT so no physical gauge. It it does show normal in the dash. No DTC's that the sct programmer can read anyway.

I could almost bet by the way the car revs erratically and sputters when you press the gas it's something to do with the tps or throttle body itself but just not sure at this point.
If you don't hear any grinding or chatter when revving then your OPG's are fine..

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
With those mods it may be dangerous to run stock tune, especially intake manifold and throttle body? I'd put the Lund back on and wait for them unless you want to put the stock components back on. Did you try disconnecting the battery for 10m or so, not sure how long it takes to reset everything? Have anything to read the code its throwing, should be with the wrench I'd think.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
As far as OP's problems, you might want to check with Lund or AED and send the data logs to them and let them sort it out. It is sort of odd to run into limp mode like that unless there was something wrong in the tune. Without knowing any specifics I doubt anyone here is going to be able to let you know what happened.

Im pretty sure ford doesnt know who any of us are unless you disclose your vin or full name or ssn:shrug:
Ford is very good about finding and denying large warranty claims based off of forum posts. This was a pretty common occurrence in regards to the #8 failure on the early coyotes and even still Ford will look for an online trace of your car.

Definetely would have liked to see a video of your coyote howling at 8k rpms though. ;)
8200 good enough?

Also, the valve springs on the 2015 are revised more towards the Boss valve springs which by the same token aren't the best springs, but they get the job done.

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There isn't any noise that's not already been there and oil pressure reads normal with no special dash lights.

Sponsored
OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With those mods it may be dangerous to run stock tune, especially intake manifold and throttle body? I'd put the Lund back on and wait for them unless you want to put the stock components back on. Did you try disconnecting the battery for 10m or so, not sure how long it takes to reset everything? Have anything to read the code its throwing, should be with the wrench I'd think.
Did the battery thing for a hour. No difference. The car will still not take any gear and will rev erratically in gear.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
As far as OP's problems, you might want to check with Lund or AED and send the data logs to them and let them sort it out. It is sort of odd to run into limp mode like that unless there was something wrong in the tune. Without knowing any specifics I doubt anyone here is going to be able to let you know what happened.

Ford is very good about finding and denying large warranty claims based off of forum posts. This was a pretty common occurrence in regards to the #8 failure on the early coyotes and even still Ford will look for an online trace of your car.

8200 good enough?

Also, the valve springs on the 2015 are revised more towards the Boss valve springs which by the same token aren't the best springs, but they get the job done.

Good lord man that thing sounds nasty, but to be fair its a built bottom end correct?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Have you tried tuning back to stock to see if that fixes the issue? The tuning needs to be contacted as they may have entered in a wrong value while writing your tune.

That is not an automatic thing. If tuned back to stock, Ford has ways of knowing I'm sure by doing a deep dive into the ecu but the typical dealer doesn't have the equipment to know if the car was tuned or not (per my friend who is a Ford service manager...).

OP does have LT's and 350 intake which obviously require a tune...
I beg to differ. Ford sent out a 26 page bulletin to all mechanics telling them what to look for to void a warranty. There is a key cycle bit. If it is very low count they know it has been tuned.

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone know what these codes are?
IMG_0054.jpg
Sponsored