Sponsored

Dead Battery

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
So yesterday I noticed a couple times when I started my car that it was cranking a little longer than normal. Both times, once started, the info display on the dash was at the default screen, and my memory seat with easy exit failed to return to its setting. After driving, stopping, and restarting the car, all worked as normal, leading me to believe the alternator is fine.

This evening, after sitting all day, I went to run to the store and my car wouldn't start. Accessories and everything working, but not enough juice to turn it over. Anyone else had issues with the stock batteries not holding a charge? I've had the car 6 months, has 4k miles on it, and hasn't even seen an AZ summer yet.

Just curious if this is more than a one off.
Sponsored

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
What aftermarket accessories do you have in the vehicle? In other words, cell phone chargers, USB devices, AC/DC inverters, OBD scanners/monitors, USB chargers, etc? Those are the #1 cause of discharged batteries.

If you are using NO aftermarket accessories, then you may just have a faulty battery. Just like everything else, there is always a chance that you will receive a defective battery.

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
My battery in my 2015 was changed three months after delivery. Battery was probably not , a good unit. It can happen.:tsk:

OP
OP
fdl2phx

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
My battery in my 2015 was changed three months after delivery. Battery was probably not , a good unit. It can happen.:tsk:
Yeah, pretty sure that was my issue as well. Dealer took care of me, battery failed load diagnostic right away, so they swapped it under warranty. In and out in 40 minutes.
Sponsored