Sponsored

Found on Road Dead

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base coupe
So, im sitting on the side of the road, waiting on a tow truck.

Went to do a data log for the final flex fuel tune and car hit the rev limiter in first gear (spinning), then started sputtering and bucking and I pulled over and the wrench light came on.... Car wouldn't pull after that in any gear.

So i turned it off and waited 10 minutes and same thing, revs fine idles fine but when i put it in gear and press the pedal it acts like its loading up and wrench light.

please tell me nothing major is wrong, like a wasted trans!

thanks in advance...

2016 gt base a6 kooks LT's full exhaust, gt350 intake and throttle body, jlt cai, tuned for flex fuel
Sponsored

AutoX_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack - Black
Sounds like it wen't into limp mode. He's already tuned. So no warranty anyway..

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
No one call tell you anything from the interwebs.

You've got a journey ahead to find out what the issue is. Your data-logging should be helpful.

Don't panic yet, it might be something very simple in the tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know the warranty is in jeopardy I'm not worried about that just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing that knows what it may be.

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
So, im sitting on the side of the road, waiting on a tow truck.

Went to do a data log for the final flex fuel tune and car hit the rev limiter in first gear (spinning), then started sputtering and bucking and I pulled over and the wrench light came on.... Car wouldn't pull after that in any gear.

2016 gt base a6 kooks LT's full exhaust, gt350 intake and throttle body, jlt cai, tuned for flex fuel
Have you tried tuning back to stock to see if that fixes the issue? The tuning needs to be contacted as they may have entered in a wrong value while writing your tune.

Sounds like it wen't into limp mode. He's already tuned. So no warranty anyway..
That is not an automatic thing. If tuned back to stock, Ford has ways of knowing I'm sure by doing a deep dive into the ecu but the typical dealer doesn't have the equipment to know if the car was tuned or not (per my friend who is a Ford service manager...).

OP does have LT's and 350 intake which obviously require a tune...

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I know the warranty is in jeopardy I'm not worried about that just wondering if anyone experienced the same thing that knows what it may be.
I would probably have to say either the tune or the combo tune and 350 intake/tb. I wouldnt think it would be a trans problem definetly sounds like its in limp mode.

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I sent them a email with the data log I was making when it happened. Waiting on a response.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Im pretty sure ford doesnt know who any of us are unless you disclose your vin or full name or ssn:shrug:
They keep an eye on the forums, and when a warranty claim comes in from your area matching that, they'll hold it against you.

It's happened before, so just watch yourself.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Delete this thread if you want your car to be warrantied.
Sure he's going to get it warrantied with all that shit on the engine (intake, headers and so on). Tune itself is at this point irrelevant.
It also bothers me that people suggest not taking responsibility for what they done and essentially trying to cheat. That only increases Ford's costs that later on we are all paying.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
They keep an eye on the forums, and when a warranty claim comes in from your area matching that, they'll hold it against you.

It's happened before, so just watch yourself.
Ok:D
rob-tinfoil-hat-compressed.jpg

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
What RPM was the rev limiter set to? Just wondering?

SK GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT(sold), 17 1LE
If they have to replace a engine, trans, or rear end they will for sure fully go through the ECU and determine it is(was) tuned before giving the green light.

The Houston GT350 owner that wrecked at cars and coffee tried to make a warranty claim at our local dealership saying the rear end just kicked out from him.

They said nice try but we do have the internet you know and advised him to contact his insurance company.

OP
OP

joedrt73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Folks I've said a few posts up I'm not worried about the warranty or I would've never done the first mod.

I'm just asking if you know what it might be to save me some time and money.

It hit 8k which the limiter is set to. I let out of it immediately but it already cut the power to the pedal by then.
Sponsored