Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
And mine went away when I installed R-spec wheels and Continental Extreme DW's, with a 305/325 combination mind you.
Sponsored

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It was just strange to dive into corners, apply heavy braking, etc, and not have any perceivable body roll - at all.
If you're diving into a corner and applying heavy braking, tramlining should be the least of your concerns.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
And mine went away when I installed R-spec wheels and Continental Extreme DW's, with a 305/325 combination mind you.
mine did too, but I bought the brace anyway.

Do you get more road feedback and vibration over 90ish with yours? Considering getting all 4 re-balanced. Car is nowhere as smooth especially over 100. I get much more negative feedback from the wheel. Considering an alignment check also. Its completely smooth up to 80-85 though. The fronts are also not heating up any more than normal. Running them at 36-37psi warm.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
mine did too, but I bought the brace anyway.

Do you get more road feedback and vibration over 90ish with yours? Considering getting all 4 re-balanced. Car is nowhere as smooth especially over 100. I get much more negative feedback from the wheel. Considering an alignment check also. Its completely smooth up to 80-85 though. The fronts are also not heating up any more than normal. Running them at 36-37psi warm.
I'll have to travel to Mexico and get back to you.

:ninja:

Hughespj47

HughesPJ47
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pat
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 Track Pack, '09 MINI Cooper S, 94 SHO
I just read this whole thread, and concluded that for the $$, this is worth a try. I just ordered the bar and clutch spring from Steeda. Where I live in the Rockies, the ruts in our roads are probably over an inch deep. When I make a left turn onto the road, the car bounces over the ruts (so does my MINI). Although I'm not complaining about the tramlining, it is so bad that I've almost been thrust into the next lane. If the bar helps at all, I consider it a win. Also, I'll be tracking it again in a couple of weeks and would like to see if it makes a difference.
I installed mine today and took a jaunt over my "favorite" rutted section of freeway. My conclusion is that the bar helps, at least a little. On lightly rutted sections, the tramlining was noticeably reduced and easier to control. On heavily rutted sections, the car still darts, but not quite as bad. I'm planning to track the car this coming weekend and will see if it improves handling.

Installation wasn't bad. The hardest part, as mentioned above, is getting the knockouts out from when they punched the holes in subframe. I used a short stubby flat blade screwdriver to work the knockout back and forth until it broke free.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Thanks for the honest eval man. I figured since the regular 350 has less tramlining that it wouldn't make as big a difference unless you have the R-spec wheels.
DING DING DING!!!! THE WHEELS!!!! That is the cause of the tramming.

slc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
I installed mine today and took a jaunt over my "favorite" rutted section of freeway. My conclusion is that the bar helps, at least a little. On lightly rutted sections, the tramlining was noticeably reduced and easier to control. On heavily rutted sections, the car still darts, but not quite as bad. I'm planning to track the car this coming weekend and will see if it improves handling.

Installation wasn't bad. The hardest part, as mentioned above, is getting the knockouts out from when they punched the holes in subframe. I used a short stubby flat blade screwdriver to work the knockout back and forth until it broke free.
+1 on all points. The bar did make the tramlining less severe on my R.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
Has anyone else installed one of these? Thinking about ordering a set and trying it out.

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I can't wrap my mind around how this is supposed to help tramlining. I really and truly think the excessive tramlining I'm experiencing in my R is a function of the light weight CF wheels coupled with the sticky Cup2 tires. With substantially less rotational weight, the R wheel / tire combo has less of a tendency to want to stay straight.

I will verify my alignment first. If this doesn't correct the issue to my satisfaction, I'd be open to trying the Steeda bar. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] This is an inexpensive part. Send one to me and I'll give an unbiased review of the part. Message me for details.

Sponsored

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I will verify my alignment first. If this doesn't correct the issue to my satisfaction, I'd be open to trying the Steeda bar. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] This is an inexpensive part. Send one to me and I'll give an unbiased review of the part. �� Message me for details.
I have an appointment at 9:30 in the morning with my local dealer to verify my alignment. After that I will drive it for a few days to see see if the tramlining is any better. I suspect that it will not be.

Now, HUGE props to STEEDA. I was contacted by them and I will be installing their bar in the next few days to see if I can tell a difference before and after. As a matter of fact, I received their G Brace yesterday! The packaging was perfect and the shipping was extremely quick. It is very cool to experience this kind of product support on the forum. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] Thank you for this opportunity!

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
FWIW after I installed the Vorshlag camber plates and had my alignment changed to around -1.8 camber my tramlining all but went away. And I have 305s on the front too.

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I installed the MM CC plates and have my camber set at -1.5 deg. This car tramlines terribly before and after the plates as well as before and after the Steeda G brace installation. I figure it's just part of the equation with big rubber on the front. btw, I love this car and the "active" experience of driving it. It did scare the shat out of me once when changing lanes on the Turnpike into a milled lane in a construction zone!:eyebulge:

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
I have an appointment at 9:30 in the morning with my local dealer to verify my alignment. After that I will drive it for a few days to see see if the tramlining is any better. I suspect that it will not be.

Now, HUGE props to STEEDA. I was contacted by them and I will be installing their bar in the next few days to see if I can tell a difference before and after. As a matter of fact, I received their G Brace yesterday! The packaging was perfect and the shipping was extremely quick. It is very cool to experience this kind of product support on the forum. [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] [MENTION=7748]tj@steeda[/MENTION] Thank you for this opportunity!
Very curious to hear the results. For now, i'm just building my forearm muscles.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350

Would love to hear how this works out for you. I installed my forgeline wheels and cup 2 tires and i went from no tramline to a noticeable amount on my bad country roads around here.

If different tires will fix the problem i may just order some and sell my cup2 on ebay.

I also ordered the steeda g brace, ill see how that does.
Sponsored