Sponsored

Decrease tramlining! Steeda G Brace works!

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I had the alignment verified today. Toe was off both front and rear. I drove it home from the dealer. I didn't notice an improvement at all, but I also only drove 10-15 miles.

EDIT: I'm not complaining at all. You just have to be very aware when you are driving this car. I still LOVE this car. I have no real complaints.

EDIT: See Also Post 157. http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1574774&postcount=157
image.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Next-up ... the Steeda brace!

We look forward to hearing your feedback with the results.

TJ

Bingo13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT350R, '16 GT350 TRP, '18 GT PP2, '03 Cobra
FWIW after I installed the Vorshlag camber plates and had my alignment changed to around -1.8 camber my tramlining all but went away. And I have 305s on the front too.
I have the MM CC plates, front camber at 1.9, 6GR wheels and with the 305/315 CUP 2 setup (same with other tires). I have very little tramlining at all, if any across a variety of pavements including scraped roadway ready for a repave.

I have the Steeda G-Brace installed, it made a very slight difference after installation, but not as much as the alignment. That said, on track I have noticed the front end plants better going into sweepers with it installed so it has been a positive experience for me and is worth the money.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
This past week on the new wheels and tires, my tramlining has reduced by 30%.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
This past week on the new wheels and tires, my tramlining has reduced by 30%.
I'm really surprised it wasn't more with those tires.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I had the alignment verified today. Toe was off both front and rear. I drove it home from the dealer. I didn't notice an improvement at all, but I also only drove 10-15 miles.

EDIT: I'm not complaining at all. You just have to be very aware when you are driving this car. I still LOVE this car. I have no real complaints.
I think you hit the nail on the head Joe. This car was built for the track. There are going to be annoyances on the street if it's a decent track car. Even though I don't have an R, you just need to pay attention in the GT350. Some cars almost drive themselves, The GT350 needs an engaged driver.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you hit the nail on the head Joe. This car was built for the track. There are going to be annoyances on the street if it's a decent track car. Even though I don't have an R, you just need to pay attention in the GT350. Some cars almost drive themselves, The GT350 needs an engaged driver.
Hmmm... I don't think that is the case here. I may be wrong but when he said you have to be aware, he honestly means YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE regardless of trackability as the car can jump lanes with you in a moment.

Tramlining has nothing to do with the trackability of a car... I have ridden in a few cars that are Track cars that have minimal tramlining. This is the character of the R and it's dynamic package that works for it superbly on the track, but not so much on common roads.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm really surprised it wasn't more with those tires.
I thought the 305s I have on the new wheels would have less tramlining due to the narrower and taller tread. What were your thoughts on that?

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Hmmm... I don't think that is the case here. I may be wrong but when he said you have to be aware, he honestly means YOU HAVE TO BE AWARE regardless of trackability as the car can jump lanes with you in a moment.

Tramlining has nothing to do with the trackability of a car... I have ridden in a few cars that are Track cars that have minimal tramlining. This is the character of the R and it's dynamic package that works for it superbly on the track, but not so much on common roads.

My bad. I meant this car is a handful regardless of what the cause is. You can't simply relax and drive at any kind of speed without being really aware and attentive.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a handful at speeds of public roads which is why I keep the speed down.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I thought the 305s I have on the new wheels would have less tramlining due to the narrower and taller tread. What were your thoughts on that?
I went from the MPSS to the evo2 on my wife's / family car and the tramlining was eliminated. I admittedly gave up the very top end of the performance spectrum however.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
1 - It's as noticeable as it's been with any huge-front-tire car I've owned.
2 - It's not as bad as people say. Yes, pay attention. Some of you guys need to get your alignments checked, as Joe has done because the way you cry about it makes the car sound undriveable and that's simply not the case.
3 - I have a friendly bet with Joe that it will not make a difference. Like I've said before, for it to make a difference, the suspension/chassis would have had to show some real slop prior to installation and that's just not going to be the case.
4 - Tires have been the source of tramlining since the beginning of time. Bumpsteer isn't even the same thing.
5 - If Joe says it fixes it, I'll eat my words - don't see it happening at this point.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went from the MPSS to the evo2 on my wife's / family car and the tramlining was eliminated. I admittedly gave up the very top end of the performance spectrum however.
My switch is merely to give me better weather capability.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 - It's as noticeable as it's been with any huge-front-tire car I've owned.
2 - It's not as bad as people say. Yes, pay attention. Some of you guys need to get your alignments checked, as Joe has done because the way you cry about it makes the car sound undriveable and that's simply not the case.
3 - I have a friendly bet with Joe that it will not make a difference. Like I've said before, for it to make a difference, the suspension/chassis would have had to show some real slop prior to installation and that's just not going to be the case.
4 - Tires have been the source of tramlining since the beginning of time. Bumpsteer isn't even the same thing.
5 - If Joe says it fixes it, I'll eat my words - don't see it happening at this point.
I don't see anyone crying, but ok... looks like alignment doesn't make much difference either, as evidenced above.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
My switch is merely to give me better weather capability.
Understood, I'm just surprised that it didn't have the extra benefit of reducing tramlining by more than 30%.
Sponsored