Sponsored

August 2016 Mustang Sales - 8,299

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Good numbers for Mustang. Don't know about everywhere else but chevy dealers in my area have started giving some incentives on camaro v6's and i4's mostly cash off
My local dealer is giving advertising on their website some big numbers off of the Gen 6. That is a large volume dealer though, I would have to check and see what the smaller dealers are doing.

Bingo. That's all you need to defeat the Camaro6 argument of "Chevy plans to sell less".
Yep. The amount of inventory they have to me tells me they at least thought they would be at similar levels as Gen 5.
Sponsored

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Mustang dipped quite a bit from last month, camaro stayed about the same. Kind of interesting I guess.

July 2016 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Mustang July 2016 Delivery (sales):9,565 13% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Camaro July 2016 Deliveries (actual sales):5,520 -26% (Pr Ye)
Challenger July 2016 Delivery (sales):5,619 7% (Pr Ye)

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Prepare for 25 pages of the same shit on Camaro6.

If there was going to be a Camaro bump it would have surfaced by now.

The 5th Gen is simply the better seller and more popular car at this point, and unless something dramatic changes, it's likely to continue until at least 2019
Hopefully gm will cut their losses and run before then. Mustang terminates camaro again. :ford:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Prepare for 25 pages of the same shit on Camaro6.

If there was going to be a Camaro bump it would have surfaced by now.

The 5th Gen is simply the better seller and more popular car at this point, and unless something dramatic changes, it's likely to continue until at least 2019
There will be 25 pages. But it'll be a celebration:. Look guys. The Mustang only outsold us by 3000 cars this month! WE'RE CATCHING UP!:D

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang dipped quite a bit from last month, camaro stayed about the same. Kind of interesting I guess.

July 2016 Delivery (sales) Stats:

Mustang July 2016 Delivery (sales):9,565 13% (Pr Ye)

Compared to Competition:

Camaro July 2016 Deliveries (actual sales):5,520 -26% (Pr Ye)
Challenger July 2016 Delivery (sales):5,619 7% (Pr Ye)

True but the car manufacturers have only talked Year Over Year numbers

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Well, you see... what had happened was...

Tired of reading "next month will be better because...". If they haven't already, GM is not happy about this and regardless of what those who are in denial think, this is not a strategy by GM to sell less for more. The car is a flop so far in it's 2nd year of manufacturing. How much longer will GM allow this before they pull the plug? They better start offering some heavy discounts but honestly I don't think it will help because it's not just the price that is keeping people from buying it. It is the whole car itself. It's not a desirable car despite how auto journalists praise it. Is there anyone doing a day to day ownership review? Like the "year later" type?

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well, you see... what had happened was...

Tired of reading "next month will be better because...". If they haven't already, GM is not happy about this and regardless of what those who are in denial think, this is not a strategy by GM to sell less for more. The car is a flop so far in it's 2nd year of manufacturing. How much longer will GM allow this before they pull the plug? They better start offering some heavy discounts but honestly I don't think it will help because it's not just the price that is keeping people from buying it. It is the whole car itself. It's not a desirable car despite how auto journalists praise it. Is there anyone doing a day to day ownership review? Like the "year later" type?
New month time for general motors trend to seventh consecutive camaro vs Mustang story showing chevys super car is the best. They'll have a long-term story also detailing all the mods they have done to camaro and how it's the best at everything. :lol:

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
It is the whole car itself. It's not a desirable car despite how auto journalists praise it. Is there anyone doing a day to day ownership review? Like the "year later" type?
Good point. The Camary never gets praised, but they sell the hell out of them.

Sponsored

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
Camaro at 5604 for August
Challenger at 5262

Yeah, Camaro is on it's way to the top now!!

arghx7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50 years Ecoboost
It's kind of amazing how many Challengers have been sold in the past couple years. It hasn't had only incremental changes for the most part (excluding the Hellcat).

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Seeing how in august of 2015 the Mustang had a 70% increase over 2014 a 17% drop YOY 2016 number ain't bad. Still smokin camaro

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I love the "our car is more exclusive" shit from Camaro6. So much spin from the peanut gallery that you might as well be in one of those Gravitron rides at the county fair.

More exclusive to Miller Lite drinkers, maybe.

smoked_magnetic_gt

Josh @smoked_magnetic_gt
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP Magnetic Metallic
Are the Mustang numbers US only sales? That would make a huge difference if it was worldwide considering the competition isn't sold in so many countries
Sponsored