Sponsored

August 2017 Mustang Sales

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The '18 has a very, very good shot at duplicating the '15's US sales numbers. Even if US sales end up 10-20% lower in the US, sales are projected to be 40-60% higher Overseas.

Due to the '15's staggered release, the '18 may not have issues topping the '15 at all. If the '18 can outsell the '16, the '16's numbers will be no problem.

I expect the '18 to match the '15 in the US, Mustang is approaching iPhone-type demand. Annual re-ups keep sales strong while only getting very little changes... because it is trusted, tried and true.
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Also, not really sure how you think port provides a "better idle." Not true.
It's more that the high pressure injectors are significantly louder than lower pressure injectors. So DI engines tend to sound like garbage at idle. I assume that's what Brian meant by "better". And having heard many DI engines at idle, I agree with him.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just like those that hate on E85 they will hate DI because they are afraid of what they have no damn clue about. Just like racists!

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just like those that hate on E85 they will hate DI because they are afraid of what they have no damn clue about. Just like racists!
So just to be clear. Are you for or against DI and racism?:D

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
I will be ordering a 2018. Does it cost more than a 2017? A little, but 460 HP, hell yeah!

Prices aren't that far off, just need to keep the options to a minimum. The cars being ordered by the dealerships in my area are totally optioned out and are already being advertised at over $50k. That is ridiculous, so I will be ordering mine to ensure I only get what I want. Base GT with 301A, PP1, active exhaust and that's it. Then immediately I will be installing BMR springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, and Project 6GR 20 x 10 and 20 x 11s.

OR Base GT with PP2 depending on what it is. :-)

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I will be ordering a 2018. Does it cost more than a 2017? A little, but 460 HP, hell yeah!

Prices aren't that far off, just need to keep the options to a minimum. The cars being ordered by the dealerships in my area are totally optioned out and are already being advertised at over $50k. That is ridiculous, so I will be ordering mine to ensure I only get what I want. Base GT with 301A, PP1, active exhaust and that's it. Then immediately I will be installing BMR springs, Bilstein shocks/struts, and Project 6GR 20 x 10 and 20 x 11s.

OR Base GT with PP2 depending on what it is. :-)
That is the best way to do it, no need to pay for things you don't want.

On another note I finally watched the last FnF movie that came out (I thought it sucked LOL) and after hearing Vin Diesel do a newer Dodge commercial I can see why the Challenger is on the upswing. Dodge hit a homerun just like how successful Chevy/Camaro was with the Transformer movie(s). The marketing is really moving the cars.

Cgocifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 1SS 1LE, 2015 RAM Ecodiesel, 2015 4Runner
That is the best way to do it, no need to pay for things you don't want.

On another note I finally watched the last FnF movie that came out (I thought it sucked LOL) and after hearing Vin Diesel do a newer Dodge commercial I can see why the Challenger is on the upswing. Dodge hit a homerun just like how successful Chevy/Camaro was with the Transformer movie(s). The marketing is really moving the cars.
The Challenger is definitely a win for FCA and it has been a long, successful run for them going on 10 years with no major changes. I love Challengers, but they big and heavy. I like the Mustang because it has a bit more class.

Chevy has Transformers, Dodge has FnF + Vin Diesel +claim to the most powerful production muscle car, Ford has jack squat. FnF has turned into one big Dodge commercial. Ford should get involved and remake Bullitt... ;-)

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
There are some great deals on '17s now. I just traded a 3 month-old EB on a '17 GT with Perf Pack. And they gave me what I paid for the EB,which was a great deal back in June.
Sponsored