Sponsored

August 2016 Mustang Sales - 8,299

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
http://www.autonews.com/article/20160905/OEM/309059955/mustang-conquers-the-world

Read this it tells a lot.

"For us, it's about the right volume," said Todd Christensen, GM's marketing manager for the Camaro. "Would we like to be the sales leader? Yes, but not at the detriment of other things."

They would rather make higher profit than sell cars, someone at GM has forgot why they are in business. :doh:
Sponsored

Weather Man

Persistance is a Bitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 I4 T Prem Auto
http://www.autonews.com/article/20160905/OEM/309059955/mustang-conquers-the-world

"For us, it's about the right volume," said Todd Christensen, GM's marketing manager for the Camaro. "Would we like to be the sales leader? Yes, but not at the detriment of other things."

They would rather make higher profit than sell cars, someone at GM has forgot why they are in business. :doh:
They can't say they blew it marketing wise, so they mealy mouth it. Ole Todd is sucking lemons and doesn't care for it.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I am tired of hearing "Miller Lite" brought into the argument, I have 15 lbs extra on my body due to that stuff and love every ounce of it. :cheers:
Miller Lite makes me fart like nobody's business. Never really understood why. When I need a cheap beer, I go Yuengling. Much safer air for my friends and relatives.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

Like I and now others have said a number of times, if this is their goal then they are doing a horrible job of supply chain management. The number of cars sitting on the lot are not indicative of what they are saying.

Sponsored

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Like I and now others have said a number of times, if this is their goal then they are doing a horrible job of supply chain management. The number of cars sitting on the lot are not indicative of what they are saying.
The Camaro is failure. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's proof that you can have a faster car and still not sell 'em worth a damn. Kelley Blue Book says the average (mean) new car MSRP is $33,651. You can still get a base model V8 Mustang for about that MSRP, if you opt for a stick and no options.

In other words, average joes can buy these cars in droves. The Camaro... out of the range. Someone else mentioned a V6 Camaro Vert for $47k. I don't care if it's plated in gold, that's too much f*cking money. Oh, very nice of you GM, to offer $2k off your ridiculous pricing, when you're so far over market it's retarded.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
The Camaro's poor results could affect future Camaro's like the Z28. There is a few media sources that even blame the poor Alpha sales for potentially being the reason a Mid-Engine Corvette is axed.

The 1LE and ZL1 could essentially be the last and ONLY hurrah this generation. Once money needs to come out of the Corvette budget, look for the Alpha cars to go away.

Jalopnik also busted an ATS-V that Dyno'd 450rwhp. The dyno was 15-20hp happy anyway according to the GT350 and Z06 dynos... but it's still about 30hp too strong.

You cannot trust GM when they are desperate to look good on paper. A 450rwhp ATS-V is incredible... and also an unfortunate reoccurrence with GM vehicles.

Betting the 1LE dyno'd 440-450hp as well :(

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
The Camaro is failure. No ifs, ands, or buts. It's proof that you can have a faster car and still not sell 'em worth a damn. Kelley Blue Book says the average (mean) new car MSRP is $33,651. You can still get a base model V8 Mustang for about that MSRP, if you opt for a stick and no options.

In other words, average joes can buy these cars in droves. The Camaro... out of the range. Someone else mentioned a V6 Camaro Vert for $47k. I don't care if it's plated in gold, that's too much f*cking money. Oh, very nice of you GM, to offer $2k off your ridiculous pricing, when you're so far over market it's retarded.
Honestly, it is not just the cost. If I have the choice between sitting in my living room and watching TV, and being nailed into a coffin with a TV hanging over my head, I will pick the living room. The GT is just a nicer car to live with, and the performance is not a big enough difference to matter to most people.

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
Realize that for most people the Camaro is not even in the picture when trying to get a car...their base price is not within range of Ford and Dodge.

legendary mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 mustang gt
The Camaro's poor results could affect future Camaro's like the Z28. There is a few media sources that even blame the poor Alpha sales for potentially being the reason a Mid-Engine Corvette is axed.

The 1LE and ZL1 could essentially be the last and ONLY hurrah this generation. Once money needs to come out of the Corvette budget, look for the Alpha cars to go away.

Jalopnik also busted an ATS-V that Dyno'd 450rwhp. The dyno was 15-20hp happy anyway according to the GT350 and Z06 dynos... but it's still about 30hp too strong.

You cannot trust GM when they are desperate to look good on paper. A 450rwhp ATS-V is incredible... and also an unfortunate reoccurrence with GM vehicles.

Betting the 1LE dyno'd 440-450hp as well :(
i have been saying for years,that these cars should be dynoed.chevy has sent out RINGER cars for years,and the 1le that was tested im sure had 450-475hp to put up that type of number.chevy is PATHETIC.:tsk:
Sponsored