alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Definitely a damper, Mmrs or ati are great choices. The boss might be a cheaper, good option if your low on funds.
I will most likely grab the ATI dampener. I believe Boss was mentioned in reference to the timing chain tensioners.
Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
I ordered my Whipple when the Black Friday Sale was going on. Since the deal was so goo, I went ahead and got the 10 rib system with the ATI 20% overdrive damper. Getting ready to start my OPG's and crank sprocket. Does anybody have part number for all gaskets needed???

Bob

OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So from what I've read there are 2 harmonic balancers I can go with, the ATI or MMR. The MMR is apparently lighter and also 100 dollars less. Does anyone know of someone coming across issues with the MMR Balancer? Do I need a specific harmonic balancer with a whipple setup?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So from what I've read there are 2 harmonic balancers I can go with, the ATI or MMR. The MMR is apparently lighter and also 100 dollars less. Does anyone know of someone coming across issues with the MMR Balancer? Do I need a specific harmonic balancer with a whipple setup?
Innovators West also makes a nice balancer. I have scoured the boards and there is no negative info on the MMR balancer, or ATI and Ionnovaters West. I would say ATI has the best reputation around, but with that said so does Romac made for MMR made in Austria. Romac have made quality race dampers for a long time and MMR has always made nice billet race parts for our motor for a line time.

Major League Infidel

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 CO GT PP
Is this something Hypermotive stocks/sells or should I just source from a Ford dealer?
we can get them for you.

Are these Tensioners known to fail for the Coyotes? I've never heard of people upgrading the tensioners to boss tensioners. Wondering if this is something I should do, and what would is the purpose of upgrading.
This is more of a safety recommendation than anything. I do not know if there have been any reported failures, however my engine guy (local coyote guru) recommends upgrading them because the reg none boss tensioners are weak. He made a stock 14 motor live at 725 for a long time and he spun the car up to 8k regularly with a TVS. It really didnt cost that much more to add in or get installed so i figured the extra precaution was worth it.

Sponsored

The Game

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I ordered my Whipple when the Black Friday Sale was going on. Since the deal was so goo, I went ahead and got the 10 rib system with the ATI 20% overdrive damper. Getting ready to start my OPG's and crank sprocket. Does anybody have part number for all gaskets needed???

Bob
Here you go. You can get them at your local Ford dealer or Amazon.

LEFT SIDE FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-B
RIGHT SIDE FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-D
MIDDLE TOP FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-C
RH VALVE COVER GASKET BR3Z-6584-D
LH VALVE COVER GASKET BR3Z-6584-A
FRONT CRANKSHAFT SEAL XW4Z-6700-B
CRANKSHAFT TTY BOLT BR3Z-6A340-A
THERMOSTAT HOUSING O-RING 7T4Z-8590-A
TA-30 SILICONE (THIS WILL BE IN A TUBE FOR A CAULKING GUN)

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
So if you do a balancer swap is doing the OPG and timing gears not necessary?

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
So if you do a balancer swap is doing the OPG and timing gears not necessary?
I think if you can't get OPG and TG done, then this is a really good alternative. Crank shaft harmonics are not easy on those components driven by the crankshaft.

Furore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 6A
OP,

If you look through this forum, you will see a myriad of posts regarding OPGs, Camshaft Sprockets, and Balancers/dampers. DO YOU NEED THEM for sub 900hp builds??... probably not. WILL MY ENGINE FAIL WITHOUT THEM?? Probably not. Most of the people on here, including myself, who swapped the sprocket/OPG/Balancer did it for peace of mind every time we go WOT.

Sponsored
OP
OP
alrodri8

alrodri8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OP,

If you look through this forum, you will see a myriad of posts regarding OPGs, Camshaft Sprockets, and Balancers/dampers. DO YOU NEED THEM for sub 900hp builds??... probably not. WILL MY ENGINE FAIL WITHOUT THEM?? Probably not. Most of the people on here, including myself, who swapped the sprocket/OPG/Balancer did it for peace of mind every time we go WOT.
Im a guy that needs peace of mind, so I plan on doing all 3 at the moment(OPG, CSG, HB). hoping to have it done sometime soon to start saving up some cash for boost soon.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Here you go. You can get them at your local Ford dealer or Amazon.

LEFT SIDE FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-B
RIGHT SIDE FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-D
MIDDLE TOP FRONT COVER GASKET BR3Z-6020-C
RH VALVE COVER GASKET BR3Z-6584-D
LH VALVE COVER GASKET BR3Z-6584-A
FRONT CRANKSHAFT SEAL XW4Z-6700-B
CRANKSHAFT TTY BOLT BR3Z-6A340-A
THERMOSTAT HOUSING O-RING 7T4Z-8590-A
TA-30 SILICONE (THIS WILL BE IN A TUBE FOR A CAULKING GUN)
Thanks Game!:headbang:

Anybody have part#'s for those BOSS Tensioners???

Roki187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wally
Vehicle(s)
15gt pp, 2jz s14, 7.5 Gti and a Ls430
Anyone have timing instructions? Gears going in soon as well