Sponsored

Performance Package for GT Auto in 2017?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I can't believe people are still on this topic. There aren't going to be any changes for 2017 cars besides colors! The brochures are already out its the same damn car!
This is the only 2017MY brochure I've seen........and it only covers colors.

What it does prove though, is that there won't be any visual changes for the '17MY Mustang.

What it doesn't prove though, is what option packages (such as the PP/Auto) may be available. Unless there are other brochures out there that I'm not aware of? I didn't think the options would be confirmed until the order guides come out, and Five Oh Brian indicated.....

Order guides typically come out the Friday before ordering starts, so that would be April 1st.

Here's the '17MY color brochure

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
This is the only 2017MY brochure I've seen........and it only covers colors.

What it does prove though, is that there won't be any visual changes for the '17MY Mustang.

What it doesn't prove though, is what option packages (such as the PP/Auto) may be available. Unless there are other brochures out there that I'm not aware of? I didn't think the options would be confirmed until the order guides come out, and Five Oh Brian indicated.....

Here's the '17MY color brochure

attachment.jpg
DEAD ON CORRECT.
No 2017 brochures have been released- none except for color only!
And that is a bit suspicious in light of 2017 info on other cars.

Parts- nothing special. Ford DID offer the auto with the performance package with the 2015 model but only on the limited edition. Same basic parts as the manual perf pack except for the 3.55 rearend which is already available for the auto thus no special parts to order.

What is unusual is how hard Ford is pushing the Ecoboost engine platform and staying dead silent as to the Mustang.

A few weeks ago they announced a 325 Hp Ecoboost 6 for the Fusion. Then Ford announces the 345HP for the Focus RS.

And yet they are gonna leave the bread and butter Ecoboost Mustang at a mere 305 HP? BS.

I can't see them doing that and it would explain the total lack of 2017 Mustang info. Order banks are still open on 2016s...Ford ain't gonna drop a big Ecoboost change while the 2016s are still being ordered by dealers....it is a business folks.

Just speculation....but if a change comes to Mustang in 2017MY it will probably be an Ecoboost HP increase and maybe auto/perf pack on the GT.

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
I personally hope they leave it." If you want a PP hear it is ". If fact I'd like to see them take it a step further and make it more as a little brother to the GT350. Maybe put the exhaust modes and a little more HP to the PP only, Keep it special.

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I hope so that's the only reason I went with a Eco preformance package. I've been driving manuals my whole life and I've had 34 cars and only 2 have been automatic's. I just want to be lazy and when I feel like shifting I use the paddle shifters

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I'm going to say NO this won't happen any time soon. If they had it for 2015 as an auto. I probably would have bought an auto PP.

But this is why I say NO. Because before the S550 mustangs you had the S197. (Taken from CJ pony parts.) "In 2010, Ford unveiled a completely redesigned Mustang that featured a plethora of new exterior and interior parts and upgrades. In an effort to improve the overall performance of the vehicle, Ford also gave Mustang buyers the option to add “Track Pack.” This special factory-installed package, which cost just under $1,500, was available for Mustang GT models equipped with manual transmissions."

So it's been 5 years already for a track/performance package and has always just been for manual transmission cars.
The performance package was available on the 2015 LE automatic cars.

Sponsored

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Civic Sedan EX, 2014 Honda VFR800F
+1

Here's hoping they add it.

There is nothing wrong with giving people more options.

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
Yes- since 2015MY
But a totally different package, no Torsen 3.73s with the Eco Perf Pack etc, but still a great deal/package for the Eco cars.
I know, had a manual 2015 eco pp , liked it so much I traded it 8 months later .

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The performance package was available on the 2015 LE automatic cars.
I did not know that. But they still have never been on regular non-LE GT though.

"The anniversary car is the only way to get a 2015 Mustang with both the Performance pack and a six-speed automatic transmission"
http://www.caranddriver.com/news/2015-ford-mustang-50th-anniversary-edition-photos-and-info-news

Just found this on car and driver. That does suck. It would have been nice to see a standard GT with an automatic and performance package. But you can only get it on a Limited edition car which they only made 1964 of.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
The way I look at performance package is kinda like off road package on SUVs. If you really want to build a better off roader, you gonna swap out the parts anyway so why waste time on them?

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The way I look at performance package is kinda like off road package on SUVs. If you really want to build a better off roader, you gonna swap out the parts anyway so why waste time on them?
yes and no. Your not swapping out the 6 piston brakes, I do see people buy the car and switch out the 3.73 gears for 3.31 or 3.55's which make no sense to me. The 3.73 is a perfect all around gear for this car. Whenever someone owned a fox body that came with 2.73 or 3.08 gears. They would always switch to 3.55,3.73, or 4.10's. This is the first time on this site I ever seen it go the other way.

Sponsored

sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
yes and no. Your not swapping out the 6 piston brakes, I do see people buy the car and switch out the 3.73 gears for 3.31 or 3.55's which make no sense to me. The 3.73 is a perfect all around gear for this car. Whenever someone owned a fox body that came with 2.73 or 3.08 gears. They would always switch to 3.55,3.73, or 4.10's. This is the first time on this site I ever seen it go the other way.
I think that has a lot to do with the MT82. I have the PP and I have to drop to a lower gear when going through the traps I have to shift 5th which kills my MPH. Plus I have the Whipple and the 3:73 are just to tall for the power band

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's my view of it too.

People buy the PP and then toss the wheels (PP tires suck) and springs (to lowering ones) as the 2 most common mods. 1/4 of the PP additions (3.73, radiator, brakes and sway bars being the other upgrades)

If you're going to swap out sway bars and the 3.73 too it just makes no sense then.

Get the car with whatever axle ration you want from the factory- 3.15 or 3.55 if the 3.73s are too steep for you're liking. Then add your own wheels, springs and sway bars.

If you want Brembos you can buy the 2 six piston calipers, rotors and pad set for about $800 in parts.

Again, depends what you're looking to get out. Aftermarket will cost you a bit more, but you'll get much more dialed in car if racing is what you're doing with it. The PP Parts are FAR from the best for the job still (Ford had to make the pedestrian enough to sell to the masses)

I would far far far choose a Steeda or BMR spring/sway (plus some other little goodies like bushings and braces) setup over PP by 10 times over.

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
I do see people buy the car and switch out the 3.73 gears for 3.31 or 3.55's which make no sense to me. The 3.73 is a perfect all around gear for this car. Whenever someone owned a fox body that came with 2.73 or 3.08 gears. They would always switch to 3.55,3.73, or 4.10's. This is the first time on this site I ever seen it go the other way.
But these cars are not fox bodies. Both transmissions have much steeper gearing than any fox body ever had. Plus a fox body had 225 horsepower from the factory so more gear was a necessity to get them up and going.

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Right now, I think this is one of two reasons to potentially wait for the '17. The only other would be if you're wanting Deep Impact Blue, Guard or Competition Orange......as those won't be available on the '17, and will be replaced with Grabber Blue, Lightning Blue and a magnetic white.

The PP was available with auto on the '15 50th Anniversary Limited Edition.......so it is possible :)
I kinda feel like they dont want the PP in the auto because it would offend the manual owners for some reason...since autos are starting to dominate everything, it's like they are throwing a bone to old schoo.

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
They pretty much have PP GTs with the option of an auto transmission in Europe (UK) now (I know as its the sec Im getting) so there's no real reason not to have it in the US.
Sponsored