Would You Buy It Again?

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
11 months, 27k miles. Really happy with the car for the price, makes my commute bearable and fun :D
Sponsored

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Only thing I would have done different is save up some extra for some mods. 401a 50th anny package GT here

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Like the S550 so much that I want to keep my first. I rewarded my GT PP with a Roush Supercharger at 24k miles, and now thinking of buying a second to keep the miles down on the first. First time I've ever wanted to own two Mustangs at the same time.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Curious to you guys, kn7671 and six shooter, how are the seats holding up with over 20k on the odometer?

mnm4ever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, MR2 Spyder, Sea Doo HX
I love this car more than any other I have owned. I would definitely buy it again. I am going to go on a limb here and say I wouldn't even have gotten a GT350 either. Sure its a great car but to me not worth the extra money. My car, with my options, is at the perfect price point for the value/performance. Even the color, which I was a little worried about regretting, is perfect. And I love the clean look, Ford has a history of overdoing it on the mid-cycle refresh, so I am glad I got the one I got.

Sponsored

4wheelpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Kia Optima SX
I would probably by an auto and skip the performance pack. I love driving manuals, but this one stinks.

Other than the rattles and crappy initial body panel fitment I have no complaints.
What don't you like about the manual tranny?

Are the rattles better now or worse?
Did you see the crappy body panel fitment when you picked up the car? What has Ford done for you?

I ordered a 1999 SVT Cobra convertible and upon delivery, the drivers door was cocked which left a space between the drivers door window and top. I pointed it out right away and they said they would fix it. But totally ridiculous!

RobMustang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Automatic
Nope.

Too big for the city. Everyplace I have to park it the car fits perfectly in the parking spots, as opposed to my Supra, 350Z or Scion TC, I know this will translate into door dings and scrapes in the front and back of the car.

I also really really hate how the exhaust system is all one piece, if I want to be able to install and uninstall something as simple as an axle back (I keep my cars for 2-3 years usually, so I convert back to stock when it is time to sell) I shouldn't have to take the car to someone to pay more to have weld on the stock muffler.

Soon as I pay it off it is being sold for a 2016 WRX.

The power is nice, but I just can't get too into these bigger American cars lol.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
What don't you like about the manual tranny?
I am undecided on the manual transmission. I really like the light clutch, but it doesn't seem like it wants to shift all fast, particularly when cold. So I tend to SLOW shift.

Crazy Horse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Race Red
Yep, I'd buy again.

Sponsored

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Curious to you guys, kn7671 and six shooter, how are the seats holding up with over 20k on the odometer?
Surprisingly well compared to the 2011-2014 leather seats, except for the seat belt retention loop at the top of the seat. Pic below taken today. I've had the car since new, purchased on Dec 29, 2014, used everyday, 24600 miles so far, and I'm 6'1 @ 260 lbs, so if you're lighter than me, I would imagine the wear being even lighter over time.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Like the S550 so much that I want to keep my first. I rewarded my GT PP with a Roush Supercharger at 24k miles, and now thinking of buying a second to keep the miles down on the first. First time I've ever wanted to own two Mustangs at the same time.
About the Roush Supercharger. Would you buy it again?

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Surprisingly well compared to the 2011-2014 leather seats, except for the seat belt retention loop at the top of the seat. Pic below taken today. I've had the car since new, purchased on Dec 29, 2014, used everyday, 24600 miles so far, and I'm 6'1 @ 260 lbs, so if you're lighter than me, I would imagine the wear being even lighter over time.
You in I are bookends! The seats are wearing great compared to my 2011 or 2013. Thanks for taking the trouble to take the pictures. I appreciate the effort.

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
About the Roush Supercharger. Would you buy it again?
Certainly would, but it all depends on timing, as there are only two PD direct fit kits available right now, Whipple and Roush. In the coming months Edelbrock's kit will be available.

My main goal was not to have a modifiable supercharger kit like the Whipple. My biggest pet peeve for a supercharger was no blower whine. I personally find the blower whine from some kits extremely annoying, and will never have that for a daily driver again.

OP
OP
Steve44

Steve44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP
Thanks for all the responses so far...majority seem to be still loving their car!!
Sponsored