Sponsored

Your Other Hobbies

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Mainly play games on my PC. Not gonna list what was high end in 2016 but I should be upgrading the GPU whenever supply normalizes (thanks Millieniels for preferring online shopping! [now we can't enforce 1 per customer]).

Yes I play Forza and that's how I get all my practice in. Who needs seat time?
20210329_170255.jpg
Sponsored

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
Been metal detecting for many years. I am one of those guys you see on the beach, lol. Have done pretty well with it over the years and it actually pays for itself. Here are a couple favorite finds for me. Had the ring resized for the wife, 2.5 total carret. A friend of mine and I pulled 6 of these coins off the beach in Fla.

DSCN0461.JPG
20180815_132649.jpg

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
More coral...
8E85DA47-9806-4D69-B0A6-C365986CDA4F.jpeg
I used to keep salt water fish. I worked part-time in a tropical fish store that sold lots of salt water fish and equipment. People would bring in their saltwater fish that they didn't want any more and I would keep a lot of them and resell some. At one time I had 600 gallons of saltwater fish. Water changes were getting very expensive. I had a charcoal filtering system, diatomaceous filer and UV light. I'd love to hear what your setup is to grow all that beautiful coral. I'm sure technology and methods have changed a lot since I gave it up. Keeping live coral was almost unheard of in those days.

jimroth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Convertible 401A P8F Rapid Red
I used to keep salt water fish. I worked part-time in a tropical fish store that sold lots of salt water fish and equipment. People would bring in their saltwater fish that they didn't want any more and I would keep a lot of them and resell some. At one time I had 600 gallons of saltwater fish. Water changes were getting very expensive. I had a charcoal filtering system, diatomaceous filer and UV light. I'd love to hear what your setup is to grow all that beautiful coral. I'm sure technology and methods have changed a lot since I gave it up. Keeping live coral was almost unheard of in those days.
I've been running my current big (250g) system for 12 years. We supplement a lot of calcium, I use a calcium reactor. Lighting used to be high output metal halides, now we use computer controlled LED lights. We all use protein skimmers to get fish and other waste out of the water. I run an algae scrubber to soak up nutrients.

freudianfloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I have way too many hobbies. Here is a short list.

1. I have 9 kids, so I guess collecting kids is a hobby.
2. Motorcycles, 4 wheelers, golf carts
3. Guns, guns, and more guns
4. Chainsaw and small engine repair (buying broken saws, fixing them and flipping them)
5. Tools, I love tools
6. Blacksmithing
7. Fishing and hunting
8. Yard sales fanatic
9. Hobby farming
10. And many others I'm sure.

I would say guns and chainsaws are my next biggest hobbies however. Ammo is too expensive and hard to find right now, so chainsaws would be my current fixation.

I built this in my garage just to store the saws I keep, I have sold off 50 other saws since last summer.

Great Wall of Saws.jpg

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Other Hobby metal fabrication, building my wife's truck. With a need to weld, bought my first welder.

DSC_0561.JPG

Long but not that long story short. Today have a decent machine shop. Can make parts, repair the neighborhoods broke shit. Make some cash repairing trailers, lawn morrows and fabbing brush guards .

DSC_0163.JPG

DSC_0165.JPG

2016-04-15 13.50.32.jpg

Sold my Harley, turned that cash into some machines ...... A great way to spend some time

DSC_0555.JPG

A few metal cutting tools, plus a horizontal saw not seen.

DSC_0559.JPG

Two things to notice, every thing on wheels. Open the door push the grinder or saws outside, let the chips fly.

Second what is missing............................?

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
DSC_0555.JPG

Second what is missing............................?
PM40 with NEMA34? is it fully CNC or just DRO with "intelligent" 2-axis traverse?
I don't see a surface grinder, or a car for that matter. :)

No engine hoist, no 25T press, no dirt. No forge/furnace and no quench tube. No parts washer, no autoclave, and no wife for whom the imaginary truck tolls. 😁

And the biggest sin of all, no chips! I take that back,
No Mustang banner, and no car posters - they appear to be airplane related.

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
1. I have 9 kids, so I guess collecting kids is a hobby.
2. Motorcycles, 4 wheelers, golf carts
3. Guns, guns, and more guns
4. Chainsaw and small engine repair (buying broken saws, fixing them and flipping them)
I know where I'm going to hide out during the zombie apocalypses and around whom to build a new civilization. Where in Ohio did you say you were? :)
I would say guns and chainsaws are my next biggest hobbies however. Ammo is too expensive and hard to find right now
My friends thought I was nuts to buy ~40 lbs of powder and 5000+ small caliber primers 5 years ago.

Weyland-Yutani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT, '17 Volvo V60 Platinum, '04 E-150
Most of my leisure time is occupied cooking or learning about cooking. I lived in China for a while and have done a lot of leisure travel so I like to try different culinary styles. Everyone has to eat so it's weird to say cooking is a hobby, but that's really what it is for me. It's the only time I'm ever truly relaxed. I also have a garden, but I don't necessarily enjoy gardening. The garden is just there so that I don't have to run to the store for tarragon or whatever.

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
A few short years ago, most of my spare time was riding dirt bikes and racing Motocross. Raced in the local pro class for awhile. Finally retired after 20+ years. Quit while I was ahead.
Riding street bikes now Have a 2019 Honda Goldwing and it's the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden.
Hit the gym a lot, always have. Like being big and strong.

Cruizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Built a tiny house out in the high desert ranching country of eastern Klamath County in Oregon.
Its a great getaway for this guy who needs regular, quiet solitude to recharge the batteries.
It's not for everyone....off grid, oil lamps, wood heat, no TV, 4 radio stations on the little stereo,
coyotes (not 5.0) and owls waking me up in the middle of the night. Good flyfishing nearby.
0413191017a-1.jpg
Cabin interior July 17.jpg
I'd love to have a place like that to get away.

I like to shot on my rifle range. Enjoyed archery before my surgery, hoping to get back in to that soon. I also enjoy photography when I can get out.
Sponsored