OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
upload_2018-12-27_21-40-34.jpeg

upload_2018-12-27_21-43-35.png

Two more for good measure. That second picture isn’t space by the way, it’s close up Tuxedo Black Metallic.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
THREE new edge Mustangs? Damn!
I have a little bit of a soft spot for them. When I was 12 or so and started getting into cars, the ‘03-‘04 Cobra’s were new and they were top dog. I always wanted one but once I got out of school and could afford a Mustang, they were way more than I could swing at the time, so I bought that ‘01 cobra as my first Mustang when I was 19. Unfortunately it met it’s maker soon thereafter when I pulled out in front of a Jeep Liberty. Silver lining, I ended up finding that Comp Orange Mach 1 a couple weeks later. I absolutely LOVED that car. When the 2015’s came out, I fell in love all over again. Now that I’m 26 and have a real job, I upgraded. I’ll always like sn95’s though
F6E305DB-47A6-42AF-A8F8-10F672C1B1A6.jpeg

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I have a little bit of a soft spot for them. When I was 12 or so and started getting into cars, the ‘03-‘04 Cobra’s were new and they were top dog. I always wanted one but once I got out of school and could afford a Mustang, they were way more than I could swing at the time, so I bought that ‘01 cobra as my first Mustang when I was 19. Unfortunately it met it’s maker soon thereafter when I pulled out in front of a Jeep Liberty. Silver lining, I ended up finding that Comp Orange Mach 1 a couple weeks later. I absolutely LOVED that car. When the 2015’s came out, I fell in love all over again. Now that I’m 26 and have a real job, I upgraded. I’ll always like sn95’s though
F6E305DB-47A6-42AF-A8F8-10F672C1B1A6.jpeg
We would get along. Haha.

I bought my white GT at 18 and that was my real gateway into all things automotive. Just bought my ‘16 at 30.. once I made another move in my real job. Lol.

I have a soft spot for Mach’s. A friend of mine had a comp orange Mach with a Pro Chamber and Borla Stingers and that sound will forever stick in my mind.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
My first car was a ‘64 Ford Falcon with vinyl flowers all over it (circa 1970).

Since then, my only cool cars beyond my current Bullitt were my ‘95 and ‘98 NSXs. They were fun.

Sponsored

ClayDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LB 2018 GT350
My first car was a ‘64 Ford Falcon with vinyl flowers all over it (circa 1970).

Since then, my only cool cars beyond my current Bullitt were my ‘95 and ‘98 NSXs. They were fun.
Always loved the NSX. I have probably only seen two of them on the road in the past 20 years, a rare bird to see on the road for sure.

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
I've got a soft spot for the '71. What year pickup is that? I had a 53 deluxe. It lost the head-on collision with a 85 Grand Marque.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Always loved the NSX. I have probably only seen two of them on the road in the past 20 years, a rare bird to see on the road for sure.
Yeah, the rarity was what really did it for me. I think there were only about 10,000 total built over the 15-year run of the first generation. And they were mostly hand-built. Supercar performance (for it's time) and maintained liked a Honda Accord.

Thundersteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS Convertible
1974 AMC Gremlin--chick magnet--not!! Sold it.
1984 Chevrolet Chevette--I told others I owned a Vette! Sold it.
1986 Pontiac Fiero SE--looked good; but poor reliability. Traded it in on a ...
1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24--loved this car. I got heavily into car audio with this one. Sold it.
1996 Ford Thunderbird LX--Mustang performance with Lincoln luxury! Well, almost...so I sold it.
1995 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe--my first experience with supercharging--very powerful and fast! Someone hit me from behind and totaled it.
RIP
2005 Dodge Ram Hemi Quad cab--the "Beast." I still own it. Passes everything except a gas station.
2008 Ford Mustang GT convertible--my first Pony car. It was too slow for me, so I bought a ...
2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8--really fast and powerful; huge trunk. Interior quality was lacking. Still wanted a Mustang, so I traded it in on a ...
2016 Ford Mustang GT/CS convertible--my current ride. Planning on keeping it for awhile.

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I just read an article in Sports Car Market magazine about collecting Fox Body Mustangs. Who knew?

I had about eight of them starting with a 1984 Mustang GT 'vert 5.0 in red. Here are a few together in the middle of my addiction:
Foxcars.jpg

I raced the 1989LX at Sebring in 1994. Here is the picture of it going into T-1 (finished on the podium):
Sebring1994.jpg

Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
Trucks?

Here is a 1997 F-150 loaded with a 1994 Cobra (great car):
Sebring1997.jpg

2014 F-350 with an enclosed trailer with a vintage 1965 race car:
Mitty2014a.jpg

F350aa.jpg

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
I just turned 49, and this list is probably gonna get long.
Let's start at the beginning;
1980 Ford Courier. 2000cc four cylinder, 4 speed. Like a typical male teenager with his first car, I beat the snot out of that thing. I spun it to the moon, I ran it out of oil, I had to replace the clutch three times, bent about every body panel that was on it, tried to make it fly, run it off in the ditch multiple times, got pulled over for having 4 people in the cab (was in HS, and it was more crowded than you can imagine.) It still ran when we drove it to the junk yard 5 years later. It smoked like a freight train and the frame was rusted in two, but it still ran.

1970 Mustang Fastback. I still have this car. Got it as a gift from my grandparents when I was 17.

1983 Ranger. 2.8 V6, 5 speed. It was a good truck. Replaced the clutch once, rebuilt the motor, painted it in my garage. Had about 185K miles on it when it got sold.

1980 T'bird. Bought it from a buddy for $100. It ran, but after 10 minutes would run like crap. He replaced the water pump, rebuilt the carb, new coil, plugs wires, etc. He replaced everything except the ignition module. I drove it for a couple of years then gave it to my little sister when she needed a car.

1976 Granada. It was a drag only car. Good car I won a lot of races with, but it was about as pretty as a mud fence in the rain, aerodynamics of a brick, tuff to work on with a 351C in it, and not light by any definition. Sold it after I bought my current racecar; 1969 Mustang fastback.

1987 Taurus. Needed a four door to haul kids around, it was cheap and reliable even though it had a bunch of miles on it.
1979 F100 Custom. Bought it from my mother in law. Traded this and the '87 in on a 1992 Taurus.

Got the '80 t'bird back when my grandparents gave my sister their used Ranger. it was wore out at that time and not needed, so I sold it.

1979 Mustang with a turbo 2.3 and 4 speed. Bought it from a buddy for $150 (same buddy as the t'bird.) It had a blown head gasket. Replaced the head gasket, put tires on it, drove it for 2 years before selling it back to the buddy for $500.

1973 Mustang fastback. M code car with 351C 4v, 4 speed, 3.91 gear. It was a rustbucket. Sold it to pay for a new motor for the racecar. Never should have sold this one regardless of how rusty it was as it ran really strong and was all original.

1996 T'bird LX. Bought this car new for the then wife to drive as the kids were now old enough to get in and out of a car by themselves.

1980 Bronco. Even rustier than the Mustang was. Paid $400 for it. Needed a universal joint replaced in the driver's front wheel. Put $500 worth of tires on it (that was a lot in 1997) and used it for a winter vehicle.

1993 F150 Lightning. Still have it, and it has a 246K miles on it.

At this point I got divorced. Somehow she ended up with the T'bird, the Bronco and the house.

1993 T'bird Super Coupe. I loved that car at first, then it started to nickel and dime me to death, before switching to eating hundred dollar bills. It blew a head gasket, so I fixed that. When I had the heads off I ported them, ported the exhaust manifolds, and put a 5% jackshaft pulley on it. From 40-85 mph it would really move. It finally got to a point where it wouldnt go more than a few weeks before something broke, so I traded it off. Before that happened though;

1989 F350 Crew Cab dually with a 7.3 IDI diesel we used to pull the racecar. Man that thing was gutless. Traded it in on a 2004 F350 Lariat crew carb dually with a 6.0. Had the 6.0 "bulletproofed"; ARP studs, heads gone thru, heads O-ringed, EGR delete, oil cooler, upgraded turbo, SCT tuner. It's a pullin SOB now and in the "off road" mode flat out flies. Still have it.

Traded the SC 'bird in on a 2016 Ecoboost PP Premium Mustang (my DD.) The SuperCoupe had about 220k miles when it went finally went away.

Whew. I think that's everything.
Oh wait, I also had a 1972 Maverick I was going to turn in to a drag car, but decided it was too much work to make my 351C fit, so I sold it for scrap. I also had a 1970 Chevelle SS 454 car that was just a shell when I got it. I was going thru a phase where I wanted to go dirt track racing. That lasted about a cup of coffee, and I sold the car to a buddy who needed some parts off it.

Edit: Forgot I owned my Dad's racecar for awhile after he passed away while I was trying to sell it. I also had his 28' enclosed trailer. Both were sold. I am still in contact with the guys who bought the car. It went to a better home than if I would have kept it.

And this list does not include cars I own jointly with my better half or cars she owns.

**Unless specified otherwise, everything was purchased used**
Sponsored