Your Former/Other Rides Thread

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
Bah, just remembered I also had a 1969 Mustang shell I was going to turn in to a racecar. I got it while I was running my Granada. It was gutted, floors were rusty, quarters were rusty, etc. I got a little spooked by time I priced out everything it was going to take to "racecar" it. Luckily I found my current racecar for sale at a big race. It was being raced, he was asking less for it turn key than I could build one for (it wasnt built exactly like I wanted, but it was being raced and there was a good foundation to start from), so I bought it and sold the '69 body back to the guy I originally bought it from.
Sponsored

95CobraR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 K1868
Vehicle Showcase
I see that this is a great site with all sorts of cool Ford cars and all. Please keep them coming.

Yes, the 1989LX did win many drag races. It couldn't be beat:

1989LX.jpg

It's me when I got interviewed on Z93 classic rock radio after winning the entire race, in a 1989 Mustang LX (somewhat modified). This is at the Atlanta International Raceway back when they had a 1/4 mile track.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
At this point I got divorced. Somehow she ended up with the T'bird, the Bronco and the house.
They always get the house. Not necessarily the cars, though.

KV Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium PP
They always get the house. Not necessarily the cars, though.
Well, turned out my lawyer and her lawyer were golfing buddies, and I got hosed. Stuff that shouldnt have been declared in the proceedings were. Stuff like my '70. It was in my mom's name and had been since before we ever met, and my Lightning, which was purchased with money we (my birth family) got from a settlement after my little sister was killed in a car accident. I found out later it should have been exempt from "the list".

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Well, turned out my lawyer and her lawyer were golfing buddies, and I got hosed. Stuff that shouldnt have been declared in the proceedings were. Stuff like my '70. It was in my mom's name and had been since before we ever met, and my Lightning, which was purchased with money we (my birth family) got from a settlement after my little sister was killed in a car accident. I found out later it should have been exempt from "the list".
Sorry. I’ve helped 3 clients through horrible divorces. I know I saved 2 of them from suicide so I’ve seen it as bad as it gets. So sorry you got caught in the gears. It sounds like you made it through and I’m glad for that.

Sponsored

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
1988 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24--loved this car. I got heavily into car audio with this one. Sold it.
Hey Bud I had a 1990 Z24 5 speed. That was the only year had a 3.1 litre in it with that body style. I loved mine as well. My wife (girlfriend at the time) was driving a 1988 5.0 foxbody GT. we got married and traded both. Ended up with a 1992 s10 Blazer.

OP
OP

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Awesome responses.. keep them coming.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
New Pictures 010.jpg
Picture 018.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
In order of appearance:

- 1988 Mercury Topaz: 2.3L I-4 auto, gold, hand-me-down from my mom. She put 35000 miles on it from new until 2000, when I started driving it, then I put 45000 miles on it between FEB-2000 and APR-2002, when I bought...
- 1998 Mercury Sable LS: 3.0L Duratec V-6 auto (AX4N), Toreador Red. Drove that from 38000 miles (original owner) to about 115000 miles, when the PCM shit the bed and it just wasn't worth fixing. Had a bunch of suspension upgrades from the GEN I/II/III Taurus SHO, brake upgrades, aluminum subframe mounts. Was hit by a deer in the rear passenger door that rolled across the rear quarter and trunk. Ended up parting most of it out and made up a decent down payment for...
- 2003 Ford Taurus SES Sport: 3.0L Duratec V-6 auto (AX4N), Silver. I hated this car. I wanted the SES Sport wheels (5-spoke 'Slicers', similar to the SHO), and could have afforded a Mustang, but didn't want the bigger car payment. I was rear-ended the day after I bought the car, and pushed into the car in front of me. New front and rear bumpers, hood, fenders, etc. Then the doors, hood, and front fenders were bashed in at a concert. Cursed the day I bought this car, as the transmission was never as smooth as my Sable, and it plaqued me with issues from day one, until I traded that for...
- 2006 Mustang GT Premium: 4.6L 3V, TR-3650, Black. I loved this car. The original owner ordered it new, drove it about 11000 miles over three years, and traded it on a GT500 that he had ordered. It was immaculate. I did an intake and tune, MAC Boom Tubes, MGW short shifter, Eleanor grille, strut brace, upgraded rotors/pads, and some audio upgrades. I put about 60000 miles on it over seven years, and she never let me down. I parted almost everything out, except the MGW, because I just couldn't be bothered to remove it. I traded her to the dealer for $11,500 in OCT-2015, when I bought...
- 2016 Mustang GT Premium: 5.0L, MT-82, Race Red, Security Package, Navigation, Performance Package. I ordered it in late AUG-2015, and she was delivered the weekend of Veteran's Day. It was stuck in the rail yard in Columbia, SC, due to heavy rains, which didn't allow the delivery trains to pass. Upon delivery, it had several small dents in the doors and roof, which the dealer had repaired. It's got 35000 miles on it, as of this morning, and has had the following treatment from the dealer: Driveshaft replaced twice, HVAC condenser, compressor, blower, and controller replaced, headliner replaced, windows adjusted, Sync system replaced, interior trim aligned and fit properly. I've painted the Brembos with red G2 paint, did a mesh grille with red Coyote badge, 2018 rear decklid panel with red Coyote badge, black 5.0 badges on fenders, GT350R steering wheel, Roush rear valance, 2018 Active Exhaust mufflers (still need to install the electronics). She's getting an alignment and a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires this weekend. Transmission and gear oil have been replaced with BG fluids.

My wife has owned several Mercedes cars: 2007 C280 Luxury 4Matic (bought), 2012 C300 Sport 4Matic (leased), 2014 GLK350 (leased), and now a 2017 C300 Sport AMG Package (wheels, tires, brakes, suspension, trim bits). The GLK350 was a piece of garbage, and I wasn't a big fan of the C280, but the first C300 and the current C300 were/are a hoot to drive. The turbo 4 in the new one doesn't have a ton of power, but it goes well for a 4-cylinder. I made her buy this one, because I was tired of paying so damn much for leases and getting nothing of substance at the end. We'll probably keep it for another three or four years, then perhaps upgrade her to a C43 AMG or E53 AMG. We're also looking at buying either an old Bronco to fix up and throw the kid and dog into, or a new Bronco. Surprisingly, she's pushing me towards an old Bronco, though I'm not sure she knows what the ride and creature comforts of a 50 year old Bronco are like...

JR

16_DIB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hector
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I can post pictures later when i get a chance but in order:

1998 Kia Sephia (first car, was just a commuter beater). Sold.
2009 Mazda 6 (first car I purchased myself and got me into the car scene) Sold.
2006 Mazdaspeed6 (first "sports car" and first turbo-charged car that I modified FBO) Sold.
1996 Mazda Miata. Sold.
1967 Chevrolet C-10. Sold.
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee (current daily driver)
2017 Honda Grom (FBO)

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I posted in this thread before but here are some pics. The top 2 are the '98 (Houston, TX), bottom 2 are the '95 (Atascadero, CA):
DSC00195.JPG
DSC00204.JPG
NSX.jpg
NSX-1.jpg

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
2002FOCUS2.jpg

I miss my 2002 Focus ZX3 hellva lota fun to drive