Your Other Hobbies

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible, 2013 Nissan Frontier
Guitar family photo. There's a few missing, but most of them are in here. The GMW tele and LP replica are my primary stage guitars.
1604881132832.png

The Soldano rack amp and CAE 3+SE are still my primary amp setup.
Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the quilt top on that Lester. And those Gretsch's are very solid guitars too.
My other quilt top
The Gretch's are a Brian Setzer and Reverent Horton Heat. Couldn't make up my mind, was driving myself crazy-screw it I bought both.
5958dpls.jpg

IMG_0364.JPG

Last edited:

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Guitar family photo. There's a few missing, but most of them are in here. The GMW tele and LP replica are my primary stage guitars.
1604881132832.png

The Soldano rack amp and CAE 3+SE are still my primary amp setup.
One of the best amps I ever played was a Soldano XR88. I wanted to sell my 71 SLP Friedman mod on the spot.

I actually just sold this 3 weeks ago. Similar to the SLO but much more usable volume and the gain structure is smoother.
20200807_202404.jpg

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
One of the best amps I ever played was a Soldano XR88. I wanted to sell my 71 SLP Friedman mod on the spot.
The CAE 3+ is very similar to an X88R. Better clean channel though which I need. The gain channels are almost the same although the CAE has a 2 switchable tube post-EQ which is handy.

I really think the magic is in the Soldano SM100R rack power amp. I've run both the X88R and the CAEs through VHT and Rivera power amps, and they're nice. But through the SM100R they're magic. They really should start making it again - once you're set up to make SLOs making a SM100R is easy.

mysta_sandman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Domenic
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The CAE 3+ is very similar to an X88R. Better clean channel though which I need. The gain channels are almost the same although the CAE has a 2 switchable tube post-EQ which is handy.

I really think the magic is in the Soldano SM100R rack power amp. I've run both the X88R and the CAEs through VHT and Rivera power amps, and they're nice. But through the SM100R they're magic. They really should start making it again - once you're set up to make SLOs making a SM100R is easy.
I've heard nothing but great things about the CAE amp but I've never been a multi channel guy.

I grew up in the MV crowd, but I love a single channel, hot rod style amp with some type of boost.

I used to run a 71 Friedman KS Modded SLP and slam the front end with either a Koko Boost or J Rockett Archer. My main amp for 5 years.

I think next on the list is either a Mark III Red Stripe or another SLO

Sponsored

SplawnDarts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
I've heard nothing but great things about the CAE amp but I've never been a multi channel guy.

I grew up in the MV crowd, but I love a single channel, hot rod style amp with some type of boost.
I think that kind of setup is excellent in the studio, but it gets hard to use live if you are unwilling to have a couple of them on stage with different gain structures. You've got to be way more rock star than I ever was or way more willing to schlep 500 lbs of gear yourself to get away with that.

Plus I played country gigs from time to time and a serious clean channel was mandatory. Most people ran a blackface twin or something but the CAE/SM100R setup was workable and handled rock far better than any twin.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Lian Li O11 Dynamic
I have a Alienware Aurora R12. Awesome, awesome gaming platform can even do crysis 3 on ultra settings @ 60 fps. Any idea why a stupid 15 year old c++ game (IL-2 1946) will bring it to its knees in some object heavy scenarios ? I really don't get it.

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
I run, alot. I do alot of 5k to 10 mile races in the summer and fall. Winter is reserved for long distance and base building.

I joke that my car runs 10s, and my legs do 50s 🏃‍♂️

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea why a stupid 15 year old c++ game (IL-2 1946) will bring it to its knees
a flight-sim fan are we? Likely because the code doesn't have GPU offload to the degree it 'should' or it is using the gpu in an inefficient manner (small workloads) and sync wait.

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
do you run in thigh deep snow like Rocky did in Russia?
Only if I can find a pair of Russians in an old car to follow me in an extremely conspicuous manner. If not, I'll refuse.
Sponsored

Last edited: