Sponsored

Yaw or "sway" when accelerating?

evildronepilot

Freakobooster
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 Race Red
Hey all! So, I just got my 2019 Mustang GT PP1 with magneride a few weeks ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's starting to get cold and wet around this part of the US, so I just put on my new winter tire set a few days ago (Pirello Sottozero 3's); they're quite awesome so far.

I'm trying to calibrate my butt when it comes to this car, however. It's the first V8 Mustang I've owned, but my 2nd S550 after my '15 Ecoboost PP. That one didn't have near the power, but was more "snappy" on rotation. This car, in 2nd gear with the pedal around 75% pulls hard, but I feel some "sway" in the suspension. There's no TC lights or anything, and it doesn't feel like like the tires are slipping or loosing traction at all. What do you think this might be? Is it the behavior of the magneride along with the stability control keeping it straight? It feels like it's "laying over" and rotating, but I can't tell a difference. I don't feel like I'm pushing it that hard, but it seems to be giving me feedback that I'm approaching some sort of limit? After all of these memes and YouTube videos of crowd-hungry Mustangs, I would rather not ball this thing up.

I'm sure I'll be able to explore more of the capabilities of this car during a track day in the spring, but for now, I'm just wondering how much is left after the feedback that the car is currently giving me. I know it's hard to explain and I expect some grouchiness from some people for even asking, but is there anyone that thinks they're familiar with what I'm talking about? Thanks!!!
Sponsored

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Hey all! So, I just got my 2019 Mustang GT PP1 with magneride a few weeks ago, and I'm absolutely loving it. It's starting to get cold and wet around this part of the US, so I just put on my new winter tire set a few days ago (Pirello Sottozero 3's); they're quite awesome so far.

I'm trying to calibrate my butt when it comes to this car, however. It's the first V8 Mustang I've owned, but my 2nd S550 after my '15 Ecoboost PP. That one didn't have near the power, but was more "snappy" on rotation. This car, in 2nd gear with the pedal around 75% pulls hard, but I feel some "sway" in the suspension. There's no TC lights or anything, and it doesn't feel like like the tires are slipping or loosing traction at all. What do you think this might be? Is it the behavior of the magneride along with the stability control keeping it straight? It feels like it's "laying over" and rotating, but I can't tell a difference. I don't feel like I'm pushing it that hard, but it seems to be giving me feedback that I'm approaching some sort of limit? After all of these memes and YouTube videos of crowd-hungry Mustangs, I would rather not ball this thing up.

I'm sure I'll be able to explore more of the capabilities of this car during a track day in the spring, but for now, I'm just wondering how much is left after the feedback that the car is currently giving me. I know it's hard to explain and I expect some grouchiness from some people for even asking, but is there anyone that thinks they're familiar with what I'm talking about? Thanks!!!
I cannot answer your question, but can confirm, I experienced the same thing last winter, when I took my BULLITT out for a run on a nice sunny cool winter day. I believe it was about 7C (45F), and I gave it close to full throttle in second on a freeway on-ramp. I don't think the tires pressures were much above 27/28 psi at the time. And I was/am running the PS4S's.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Its spinning for sure. That squirrely feeling is what comes right before it really lets go and the light flashes on the dash. Next time give it some more beans and see what happens.

With the blower and cool weather I start getting that action at about 20% throttle, so I just give it more and it gets a nice controlled rotation to the right. Its fun how predictable the car is.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I feel like my A10/PP1/Magneride rear kicks out sometimes under hard acceleration after downshifting, but was wondering if this was torque steering. My Michelin's are very quite so cannot tell if they are spinning. No TC light either.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Snow tires are on...?

To a Mustang, that like free drifts....

Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Not sure if its what the OP is referring to but I've noticed a few times the ass end goes out towards the passenger's side when I roll into it a little hard though the car is definitely spinning and the TC hasn't kicked in to control it yet either. Since its gotten a little colder I have to be more careful with this than before now.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona