Sponsored

Wrecked 2017 GT Premium

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Nice driving first off. Secondly, I agree....everyone should have a dash cam. I bought one after having $3000 damage done to my Lexus LS460 by a redneck in a pickup who hit me after passing in the median. He denied everything when the Troopers showed up. All kinds of religious crosses on his back window too...typical. Now I don't leave the driveway without the cam on and running. Same for the wife's car even though she has never had an issue.

Glad to see you are ok. Personally, I think it is totaled because I have a hunch there's some underlying damage that you can't see just looking at it. However, I'm hoping for the best for you and I hope you can get back on the road soon. Insurance seems to take forever, but just be patient. Easier said than done I know.
Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you are ok, to me I wouldn't want that car anymore even if it was fixed, I wouldn't trust it but that's just me.

Work with your insurance company and see what you can get, some companies are really good and some stink.

It's probably not technically totaled but it's got to be close, I would angle for a replacement car if possible.

Good Luck :)

TC

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Glad you're ok and it didn't end up worse. I agree there are some people who shouldn't be on the road. Driving isn't hard yet it makes you wonder if these people can't drive can they do simple tasks?
My wife and I bought a brand new VW Passat last year. Three months after having it she was on her way home at 4:30 in the afternoon. Stopped at a red light, no one was behind her. Out of nowhere this guy in a Dodge Ram basically drives into the car going probably 75. The entire back end was pushed in. If anyone was in the back seat they would have been killed. The guy was drunk, but said he wasn't. Refused a breathalyzer. Has a long record.
I was on the hands free with her when it happened so I heard everything. That car was nice. Rare color. Thankfully we had gap. The guy got busted again for another dui and cocaine possession just a few months later.
Luckily she is ok, yet did need back surgery and needs neck. I got a Mustang out of it, but it just pisses me off to no end when people who shouldn't be on the road are or drunks who are allowed to stay behind the wheel. They not only risk lives, but rise insurance rates.
It's almost dangerous to drive anywhere where I live. People are on drugs, drunk, on their phones, don't follow laws, think its a Nascar race, etc ..
If the speed limit is 45 they figure it means go double that.
I've only had my car a few months and have already almost been side swiped twice, hit in a Walmart parking lot, etc..
I've been saying I need to get a dash cam myself, but this is just another reminder I need to. I just need to figure out how to run the wires down the side. I can't stand hanging wires.

OP
OP
Chris227

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium / 2016 Camaro 2LT
Vehicle Showcase
Glad you're ok and it didn't end up worse. I agree there are some people who shouldn't be on the road. Driving isn't hard yet it makes you wonder if these people can't drive can they do simple tasks?
My wife and I bought a brand new VW Passat last year. Three months after having it she was on her way home at 4:30 in the afternoon. Stopped at a red light, no one was behind her. Out of nowhere this guy in a Dodge Ram basically drives into the car going probably 75. The entire back end was pushed in. If anyone was in the back seat they would have been killed. The guy was drunk, but said he wasn't. Refused a breathalyzer. Has a long record.
I was on the hands free with her when it happened so I heard everything. That car was nice. Rare color. Thankfully we had gap. The guy got busted again for another dui and cocaine possession just a few months later.
Luckily she is ok, yet did need back surgery and needs neck. I got a Mustang out of it, but it just pisses me off to no end when people who shouldn't be on the road are or drunks who are allowed to stay behind the wheel. They not only risk lives, but rise insurance rates.
It's almost dangerous to drive anywhere where I live. People are on drugs, drunk, on their phones, don't follow laws, think its a Nascar race, etc ..
If the speed limit is 45 they figure it means go double that.
I've only had my car a few months and have already almost been side swiped twice, hit in a Walmart parking lot, etc..
I've been saying I need to get a dash cam myself, but this is just another reminder I need to. I just need to figure out how to run the wires down the side. I can't stand hanging wires.
I hard wired into the rearview mirror wire harness. Walmart is the worse place to park a car. I worry everytime.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
Nice avoidance and Kudos for being one the few driver's that actually pays attention and watches what is happening around them!!!!

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Nice avoidance and Kudos for being one the few driver's that actually pays attention and watches what is happening around them!!!!
You have to drive like EVERYONE is out to wreck you. Look everywhere at all times, side to side, front to back, constantly look for your escape route, and anticipate stupidity because it will come.
Sorry about your car. You're ok and that's the main thing.

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
First of all, glad you're ok. In Texas, they will total if damage is 75% or more of the value of the car. Cars like yours are selling for around $20K on the used market (you can use autotrader.com to see what the market is in your area), so damage would need to be around 15K before totaling. Looking at the damage on your car it's going to be close. What might save it is that it doesn't look like airbags went off, but even without that, it'll be close.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
That's my worry is what might be damaged underneath. Both my doors seem to be off just a hair when closing. Not enough to see but i can feel the slight bumper that wasn't there before when shutting the doors.
The claims adjuster will be out today at 1 and then see what the body shop has to say. I'm just stressed to hell. and this time of the year just makes it worse.
These are unibody cars...It doesn't take that much to total them. You'd be surprised.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
You have to drive like EVERYONE is out to wreck you. Look everywhere at all times, side to side, front to back, constantly look for your escape route, and anticipate stupidity because it will come.
Sorry about your car. You're ok and that's the main thing.
If we anticipated stupidity in driving in S. Fl. no one would be driving... Sad, yet true. but your'e 100% correct.

Sponsored

torqued

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Wondering if the ABS kicked in. It doesn't look from the video like you were slowing down during the emergency maneuver, but anti-locks retard braking force in favor of maneuverability. Which is what I don't like about 'em, my '01 got totaled cuz someone pulled out in front of me and I had nowhere to go in my case and just needed to come to a stop ASAP but the ABS moderated my slowdown.

My reaction actually was to go the other way. That is turning away from where the perpetrator was turning, and away from that other car waiting to turn onto the road. But then oncoming traffic would've eventually gotten me. Just a bad situation overall. She could've at least signaled!

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
She couldn't signal........The phone was in her hand.

I have Nextbase cameras in both my GT and my GMC truck.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Wow, and w/o the dash cam footage it would have been your word against hers - IF there wasn’t enough other evidence and witnesses to prove your were not the one at fault.

Good driving on your part too.

She’s lucky she didn’t cause a fatality - I mean hell, what else doesn’t she see while driving???

Just looking over your pics, I would say the physical damages seen are pushing the car to a total loss claim. I’m gonna say there’s most likely unseen damages to the front sub frame (structure under the car), front rad support and possibly extending to the front inner fenders. If both doors are having opening/closing issues, there’s definitely hidden damages that will total out the car.

Usually total loss has to be within or exceed 72%-75% of ACV, once it surpasses that threshold it’s a goner.

For those who don’t wander out beyond THIS sub-forum, just have to tell ya, there’s more sub-forums on this site - LOL. This (28) page thread is for Dash Cams and discusses what M6G members are using...and how to do the installs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dash-cam.10064/

Good luck OP with the claims process - if it’s totaled are you getting into another?

OP
OP
Chris227

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, and w/o the dash cam footage it would have been your word against hers - IF there wasn’t enough other evidence and witnesses to prove your were not the one at fault.

Good driving on your part too.

She’s lucky she didn’t cause a fatality - I mean hell, what else doesn’t she see while driving???

Just looking over your pics, I would say the physical damages seen are pushing the car to a total loss claim. I’m gonna say there’s most likely unseen damages to the front sub frame (structure under the car), front rad support and possibly extending to the front inner fenders. If both doors are having opening/closing issues, there’s definitely hidden damages that will total out the car.

Usually total loss has to be within or exceed 72%-75% of ACV, once it surpasses that threshold it’s a goner.

For those who don’t wander out beyond THIS sub-forum, just have to tell ya, there’s more sub-forums on this site - LOL. This (28) page thread is for Dash Cams and discusses what M6G members are using...and how to do the installs:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/dash-cam.10064/

Good luck OP with the claims process - if it’s totaled are you getting into another?
I am a firm believer in dash cams. That most definitely helped speed up everything. I honestly have no idea how she didnt see me. Yes I plan on another Mustang if she ends up totaled. I've only had the car 7 months. I have really enjoyed the car more than I expected. I have always been a camaro guy but was never opposed to Mustangs just never really thought of buying one till recently. The claims adjuster called me to reschedule and since I'm headed to Austin tomorrow for 2 days for work , I will not know anything till Thursday.

OP
OP
Chris227

Chris227

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
She couldn't signal........The phone was in her hand.

I have Nextbase cameras in both my GT and my GMC truck.
She actually did signal. Hard to see in video. I saw her way back and was mumbling to myself " don't do it, don't do it" I always scan far ahead and plan my escape if someone does something stupid. I actually feel terrible for the lady in the caddy. First thing I did was apologize to her and tried to explain I was trying to miss everyone. Just feel bad. She saw everything of course and just wanted to make sure I was all right and that it wasn't my fault. Also I never applied the brakes at all. If i would have done that then a head on collision was almost guaranteed. I choose to try to shoot the gap and avoid any collision what so ever. Almost made it.
Sponsored