bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You’re getting confused, Bms is not in/part of the battery but part of the car electronic management.
You said that using non oem battery created issues because the oem battery has a memory, that is wrong and make no sense
We all told you that it was a bad idea to start your car the way you do it…..
It’s up to you to continuing doing so or informing yourself and understanding why it’s a bad idea
Yeah I love listening to people from the internet instead of the Owner's manual of my car. Also I usually take the car out but please start your car for 15 minutes and plug an ODB in it and tell me what Oil temperature is measured ? I'm sure it will be good enough.
Sponsored

LR272

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nicholas
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 CFTP HE; 2020 GT350R HE; 1987 LX 5.0
Check out the Cair-O-Port car storage product. They are made in the U.K. but will ship to the U.S. in about 2 weeks. Exceptional product. I recommend an extra large for Mustangs. IMO they are much better than the bubbles since it doesn't touch the paint.

2021-10-27_18-58-08_422.jpeg

2021-10-27_18-57-57_522.jpeg

2021-10-27_13-02-57_135.jpeg

OP
OP

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
Hey folks, thanks for the suggestions. I'm not opposed to occasionally starting the car throughout the winter...you can monitor oil temp. Yeah, 10 quarts takes awhile to warm up, but it will warm up. Not hard to hold a 2000 RPM rev for a couple of minutes, either, to assist. These cars have powerful alternators (200A?) which will easily recharge the battery from what's lost during starting in 15 minutes time. Plus the OEM battery is pretty small and inexpensive to replace. I've heard differing opinions on oil change...leave the old oil over the winter, change in the spring, or vice versa. Seems the owner's manual says to do both. I like air booth cover.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've heard differing opinions on oil change...leave the old oil over the winter, change in the spring, or vice versa. Seems the owner's manual says to do both. I like air booth cover.
I change oil like a month before winter and straight after I take it out. Not good to have used oil when you start it after sitting for a while.

OP
OP

troverman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium manual
I change oil like a month before winter and straight after I take it out. Not good to have used oil when you start it after sitting for a while.
I'm sure that's ideal. I never bought ramps, car is too low to just get underneath, plus it seems almost impossible to jack it up without modification, and it has snowed where I live several times already and the roads salted. No way is it going to a dealer for a change now.
Sponsored