Winter storage

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
The thought there is that the salt gets diluted in the rainwater/runoff water. In theory you're potentially driving though saltwater bath (is the concentration high enough to matter? That's the question I guess).

Yes the roads are mostly clear, but I watch the dust cloud form as traffic drive by work and all that dust is full of sand and salt. That all ends up on the car at some point. A good rain will cut that down dramatically. That's why I'm waiting.
Salt is a killer but I've been driving for the past 2-3 weeks.
Now a days in my area (GTA) they spray liquid de-icer..
You guys need to visit da'Rock. Salt here is wicked and whatever brine liquid crap they spray.. I am 2-3 weeks from starting the "Old Doll". But its getting close:headbang::headbang:
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
"Ship Mode"???

My convertible is presently in hibernation for the winter. I found that I have to have a 'battery minder' to prevent the battery from totally discharging.

I just bought a 2018 Jeep JL and found that it has a 'ship(ping) mode' that totally shuts off all battery draining devices (radio, etc). It is very simple: press Run, hit the hazard button, hold a button on the steering wheel...and the Jeep is ready for long-term no-battery-draw storage. Do the same thing again and everything is re-enabled!

Does my Mustang have a similar no-battery-draw feature?

TruBlu16GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrin
Vehicle(s)
'16 Blue GT Base
Mine comes out on Tuesday! *boogie time!*

I throw the battery charger on mine once or twice over the 6-month hibernation. I start it up once or twice as well.

Which reminds me, it's time to go toss a battery in my Javelin and wake her up.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Wet conditions because the salt will expand? What do I have to worry about if roads are wet? Unless you mean grip but I have all seasons until June
More chance of getting salt all over your car when its wet out. That and the combination of both over time will do damage.

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
My convertible is presently in hibernation for the winter. I found that I have to have a 'battery minder' to prevent the battery from totally discharging.

I just bought a 2018 Jeep JL and found that it has a 'ship(ping) mode' that totally shuts off all battery draining devices (radio, etc). It is very simple: press Run, hit the hazard button, hold a button on the steering wheel...and the Jeep is ready for long-term no-battery-draw storage. Do the same thing again and everything is re-enabled!

Does my Mustang have a similar no-battery-draw feature?
Yes, Deep Sleep Mode.
Sponsored