Window tint...police.

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
Man your car looks awesome! That pic makes me miss my 14 and wish I would've gotten black again on the 15......almsot lol. Pollen season was the worst in GA with a black car :frusty: I easily have gotten two nights a week back now that I'm not constantly detailing (and saved some money on detail spray too lol)

Thank you!
And oh yeah like I said above its a full time job, but when its clean black cars look Minty fresh :cheers:
Sponsored

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
California laws are BS. You'd probably want 35 if you want to be on the safe side. Any cop that gives a ticket for tints is a POS.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
California is as dark as you want on the back glass and the quarter windows....NO tint at all on front driver and passenger windows.

I went 15 on back and 30 on sides. No tickets yet.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Get in good with your eye doc. Usually states have waivers with a medical needs letter. Photophobia is your answer.
Driving at night is much easier for me now with the 20%. Cars behind and passing was blinding me at night in the rear view mirrors. Bright lights cause me pain in my eyes. First reaction is to close your eyes. Not a good thing to do while driving.

essque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
DIB hides nothing. I'm washing the car just as much as I was with my black gt. Your car looks fantastic btw, well done.

I had a DIB on order, but couldn't wait the 16 weeks it was going to take to get it....so I snagged up a black, and am glad I did. Black looks fantastic when its clean, but that lasts about .2 seconds. :lol:

Sponsored

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
DIB hides nothing. I'm washing the car just as much as I was with my black gt. Your car looks fantastic btw, well done.
Oh damn good to know

And thank you :cheers:

RobbieFrazier

Captain Quality
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robbie
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem PP DIB; 2022 M1 Prem 700A HP EG
Have you guys had a lot of issues with the police when it comes to your tint? I was thinking 20 or 25% all around since my car is already black.
I keep mine within the legal limit. Fortunately Texas has no limit for glass behind the b-pillar. I'm running 30% film on front side windows and 15% everywhere aft of that. Nothing on the windshield (illegal below the AS/1 line, which is nearly to the top of the windshield on the S550).

Legal limits? Psh...

Holy mother of...why didn't this make it into the calendar thread? That's sexy as hell.

I had a DIB on order...Black looks fantastic when its clean, but that lasts about .2 seconds. :lol:
DIB hides nothing. I'm washing the car just as much as I was with my black gt.
Yeah, DIB might as well be black. This thing kills my OCD and my social life. I spend between three and four hours a week washing or cleaning, and the rest of my free time I'm cursing the dust all over the car.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Zemedici

Looks amazing!

And I am the Police.. 5% on all my vehicles. I do not stop people for tint violations. It's only fair.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
No idea what the law is here regarding tint and I just don't care :D. Tons of other cars on the road with the same attitude. A friend has tint darker than 20% and only got stopped once in five years. I feel much more comfortable and safer (just me) knowing others can't see who's in my car, so I'd gladly pay a ticket and keep rolling. Just feels that I'd be slightly more of a target to the guys out here with no lives. Just me though. Would only take it off of course if I had to prove that I've taken it off for whatever reason.

... and then I'd put it right back on. :headbang:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I'm in Fl and all my cars get 5% all around except wind shield and I have never been stopped for tint in 30 years of driving.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Sponsored

2015-MUSTANG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Crazy story.... I've always had 20% on my cars which is very common in FL. Never been pulled over for my tint in 20 years of driving and when I was pulled over the cop never said anything about the tint until just recently. I was pulled over by a lady cop a month ago who stopped me for my tint. She came over and tested it with her tester... The weird part- it tested 32%. I have 20% same as I've always had. I was ecstatic but confused.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
California is as dark as you want on the back glass and the quarter windows....NO tint at all on front driver and passenger windows.
Exactly right.

Interestingly, the last two cars I bought before I got my Mustang were CarMax cars from Florida, and they both had side tint, about 35%. No one ever bothered me. I think had they been darker, it might have been different, but the 35 was pretty nice.

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
I think 25 is legal here if I recall. I've had 10-20 on my cars for 20 years strait. I've been pulled over for speeding many times with tint that dark. Never had an issue here.

Dirtleg

BoostCreep
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
15' EB Prem PP, 07' GT (track Car), 01' RC51, 16" S1000XR
From my experience if you live in an area where the cops don't have better things to do you'll get harrassed/tickets regularly. I had 30% on my side windows on my 07' GT. They were already tinted when I bought the car.

I had cops going the other direction on the highway turn around and pull me over on more than 1 occasion.

The 4th time I got pulled over for window tint I was given a ticket that required me to show up in court with proof it had been removed.

I have yet to tint the Windows on the 15'. No sense in making yourself a target.