Factory window tint?

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium/PP and 2006 F150 FX4
I've got a friend at work that has a 14 GT that got his car with window tint from the factory. Does anyone know if the 15 Mustang will be getting a window tint automatically...or is it based on region that the car is sold? Texas here but I know the laws in California about window tint.

A factory tint like those on the trucks would be awesome! No film to worry about
Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
interesting,

never heard of this.

beers

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
All cars come with tinted glass, I doubt there is factory window tinting, other than the dealer doing it before delivery. SUV's have privacy glass only in the rear passenger/cargo area, not for the driver compartment.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
Your Friend's 14 might have been Tinted at the Dealer, but Ford Does Not Offer Tint except the Greenish Solar Guard Glass on Any Vehicle from the Factory. The Only thing they offer is Privacy Glass on the Rear Windows of Trucks and SUV's.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Your Friend's 14 might have been Tinted at the Dealer, but Ford Does Not Offer Tint except the Greenish Solar Guard Glass on Any Vehicle from the Factory. The Only thing they offer is Privacy Glass on the Rear Windows of Trucks and SUV's.
LOL what he said :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Lol... was afraid of that. Oh well..gotta get the darkest legal tint there is... gotta protect my insides from the devilish Texas sun

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
All cars come with tinted glass, I doubt there is factory window tinting, other than the dealer doing it before delivery. SUV's have privacy glass only in the rear passenger/cargo area, not for the driver compartment.
Typical california legal

OP
OP
Seabee1973

Seabee1973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
His window tint did not even look like a film though.. looked like it was actually the glass being tinted... guess will have to wait n see

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got a Nano Ceramic Tint by Wincos on My Accord Coupe. I got what is Legal in Florida for the Rear Windows (15%) All Around. The film had the Highest UV Rejection I found and the dealer had a box set up in his loby with all of the Tints he installed with a Heat Lamp in the box. You could feel the Heat coming through all of the others, but Absolutely No Heat through the Wincos.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Well, never needed, nor was a fan of window tint.

Seems a tad too bit ostentatious for me. All leather .... my AC cools my car off in less than 30 seconds & I wear polarized driving glasses..

FWIW: I crack my windows an 1/8", it reduces inside temps substantially. More so than a sunshade that people put up.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, never needed, nor was a fan of window tint.

Seems a tad too bit ostentatious for me. All leather .... my AC cools my car off in less than 30 seconds & I wear polarized driving glasses..

FWIW: I crack my windows an 1/8", it reduces inside temps substantially. More so than a sunshade that people put up.
Ostentatious?

Ostentatious:

Adjective

1.Characterized*by*or*given*to*pretentiousor*conspicuous*show*in*an*attempt*toimpress*others

2.(Of*actions,*manner,*qualities*exhibited,etc.)*intended*to*attract*notice

How is it Ostentatious to want to reduce Heat and Protect Your Interior?
The Common Misconception is that Tint has to be Dark to be effective (Although I do like mine Semi Dark because I like the way it makes the car look) Even the lightest Tints have UV Protection, to keep the interior of your car from Sun Damage, which is also why most people use those Windshield Shades since it is Illegal in most states to tint your Windshield.

While it might be fine to not have Tint in Michigan here in Florida it's almost a Requirement when the Sun is Beating Down and Temperatures are in the Upper 90's and 100's, it really does protect the interior of your car, no to mention drasticly reduce the temperature inside your car. You try climbing into a car in Florida with Leather Interior in Shorts in the Middle of the Summer. As for leaving your windows cracked, It's not really practical to leave your windows cracked here either, as it is prone to Sudden Downpours, not to mention leaves your car at Risk of being Stolen.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Ostentatious?

How is it Ostentatious to want to reduce Heat and Protect Your Interior?
The Common Misconception is that Tint has to be Dark to be effective (Although I do like mine Semi Dark because I like the way it makes the car look) Even the lightest Tints have UV Protection, to keep the interior of your car from Sun Damage, which is also why most people use those Windshield Shades since it is Illegal in most states to tint your Windshield.

While it might be fine to not have Tint in Michigan here in Florida it's almost a Requirement when the Sun is Beating Down and Temperatures are in the Upper 90's and 100's, it really does protect the interior of your car, no to mention drasticly reduce the temperature inside your car. You try climbing into a car in Florida with Leather Interior in Shorts in the Middle of the Summer. As for leaving your windows cracked, It's not really practical to leave your windows cracked here either, as it is prone to Sudden Downpours, not to mention leaves your car at Risk of being Stolen.
Amen. 100's are not unusual here in Mississippi either with heat index regularly in the 103-105 range and up. I definitely know what you mean about wearing shorts and burning your legs. There have been times I get in and crank it but have to get right back out because the atmosphere is unbearable or the black leather is do physically painful on my legs. Also the metal trim on the s197 steering wheel gets molten lava hot. I don't care if window tint makes me look pretentious. It's for my comfort and not your eyes. I think 20% is all we can get away with here.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
After the black leather in my s197 gt premium, I refuse to own black leather in any car. Gah that was miserable in the summer

JolleyRoger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT PP
I use the 3M Crystalline film in my cars. Even if you are worried about being a tad bit ostentatious since even clear it will still block 97% UV rays. :headbang: Or if you want to be a little more pretentious you can black it out with the same results.:clap2:
Sponsored