Where is everyone going???

Rubyred17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is it me or does it seem as if a lot of GT350 owners are selling or trading their cars.?

Two friends of mine have traded their (a 16 and a 19- both trouble free) for a Porsche and I have seen a few others selling theirs as well

there Is just nothing else in the market that appeals to me like the Shelby. Anyone else thinking about trading and what would you get?
Sponsored

JC5188

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Kona Blue
Is it me or does it seem as if a lot of GT350 owners are selling or trading their cars.?

Two friends of mine have traded their (a 16 and a 19- both trouble free) for a Porsche and I have seen a few others selling theirs as well

there Is just nothing else in the market that appeals to me like the Shelby. Anyone else thinking about trading and what would you get?
I’m still pretty enamored with mine. It too has been trouble free. I will say I don’t usually keep cars more than about three years, and I’m one year into this one. However, this is the first car I can honestly say I have not yet had a “wandering eye” looking fo it’s replacement within the first year of ownership. It’s just such a unique driving experience. Hell, I may even keep it when I buy the next toy.

BierGut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150
Do you think it could have anything to do with "status" or something along those lines?

I don't know that the Porsche crowd will ever (for the most part, not all) look at the Shelby as a true sports car hero and on equal terms -- and for a number of reasons, whether ridiculous or misguided. I ran into a lot of ignorance when I switch for Porsche to a Corvette for a track day choice. (even after getting the car pretty much faster than most I ran with)

If you are new to track because you bought a Shelby, are you seeing less overall reliability with the GT350 than from the Porsche or Corvette guys? (for track days)

Just throwing random thoughts out there.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I think two big factors are the recent increased selling prices in used GT350/R market, as well as availability of GT500 now.

ecoboost321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R ; 2018 Tesla Model 3
I have debated selling my 2016 GT350R recently because of life changes (1 year old son and another coming June 2021), so haven’t really been attending any car shows or track events this past year, and likely the next few years to come. And no back seat doesn’t help either, lol

Sponsored

Socalrugger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H4111
No plans to sell..... cant believe how many people still give this thing a 2nd/3rd glance.... taking it on PCH on a nice sunny day in SoCal is truly an experience like no other

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I have one of each.... if I was forced to get rid of one, it would be the Porsche leaving the stable.
The sound of the flat-plane crank is intoxicating and addictive.
The Shelby is not as quick, and does not handle as crisp... but if it came down to one... GT350 for me...!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I owned my GT350 for 3.5 years before I sold it. That's a long time for me to own a car. I'll admit I was concerned about owning one without a warranty on the engine. I had no problems whatsoever with mine, so the only reasons I can state for my concerns are the problems that other people had.

I also decided to buy a better winter car, so financially it was nice to reduce my summer car cost. And I just wanted to try something else. I've owned so many Mustangs... maybe it was partially a mid-life crisis. Buying a Corvette was definitely a departure for me.

First time I really regretted selling a car. I still want another GT350. I'm going to wait for now and buy something in a few years unless I see a better option. With the way car prices are going up and the changes to new car designs, I will be surprised if something new comes out that I will want more than a GT350.

I've always thought it would be great to own a Porsche. They have a good reputation. I drove a VW bug a lot in my teens and the newer Porsches still have features that remind me of the bug. Things like the clink the doors make when you close them (and how thin the doors are). But for the money Porsches just don't seem like they are a good deal to me. I.e. you pay a lot for what you get. Plus you rarely see Porsches around here and I'm not sure I want to buy one due to what other people will think about me.

There was a guy on here who bought an M4 and then an SS 1LE after having two different GT350 engines fail on him. I bring it up because he was local to me. I bought a 2004 Z06 and then a Mustang GT, so I'm definitely slumming compared to when I owned the GT350. I think of my Mustang GT as the Miata low-powered version of the Mustang for track use. It should be interesting this summer to see how a regular GT with the FP track handling kit on it does when compared to a GT350.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
People move on the to the latest. I debated selling mine but Ill have it for at least another year. I got the extended warranty aswell.

I was looking at a GT3 or a 997 turbo but they have shot up in price lately.

To be a 100% FORD dealers and service have more hesitant to keep the car then the car it self.

Last edited:

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase

Im not going nowhere!!
Sponsored