OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Just keep in mind that there can be a sales tax advantage to trading it in on your new car. It might negate any additional dollars you get from Carmax. Do the math before selling.
in virginia so unfortunately that doesn't apply
trust me , check with carmax on your trade. I never trusted or liked that type of car buying but I sold them a 2020 Toyota and they paid very very well. Their online appraisal was dead on.
yep going to carvana later today
Sponsored

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
I agree but then wonder if they don t hit you with THEIR worse case senario price assuming you may pay cash??? Hard to beat the house , LOL.
In my case I had 3 local dealers all competing to sell the same car that would be shipped from out of state. Accepted the one that was most discounted from MSRP and paid over the Carvana offer for the trade sight unseen. Never once mentioned financing and only discussed that during the last 20 mins when I went in to pick it up.

The house and manufacturer do always win and anyone with any finance or business experience acknowledges this fact. In fact I want both to make a reasonable profit. If you're "winning" and buying a car at loss for the seller they won't be around for long. That's not how business work.

Basic math shows 0% financing is always going to be best deal if you get a good OTD price negotiated. In my case its the difference of $6,418.72 over the 60 months. Hard to believe I could get that much more off the OTD price if I had financed at 4.9%. I never finance unless the interest rate is less than my current investments. Given the market right now my money is making way more interest than I'm paying so rather than pay cash I get to keep my money in the market earning interest. Another added bonus is that with the current inflation rate the cost of my debt actually decreases over time so its a win-win all the way around.

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
in virginia so unfortunately that doesn't apply

yep going to carvana later today
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do your due diligence, but check all the options. When I was selling my ecoboost, the carvana offer was ridiculously low while the carmax one was pretty decent.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Iā€™m sure youā€™ll do your due diligence, but check all the options. When I was selling my ecoboost, the carvana offer was ridiculously low while the carmax one was pretty decent.
yep I signed with 22k equity meaning worse case for me (best case for them :crazy:) I don't get any higher offers elsewhere and when the car comes in I just trade in my eco to them for 22k. Best case carvana/carmax offers more than 22k, I go back to the dealer and just give them 22k cash.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Somehow carmax offered 26k lol (I bought it for 23k). Too tired to check out other places so I'm keeping this appraisal offer. And I got 1k+ in mods to sell so I'm chillingggggg

Sponsored

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Somehow carmax offered 26k lol (I bought it for 23k). Too tired to check out other places so I'm keeping this appraisal offer. And I got 1k+ in mods to sell so I'm chillingggggg
Thatā€™s crazy! Especially since it seems the craziness of places paying so high for used vehicles seems to be slowing down, but congrats. Seems like youā€™re making out pretty well with this whole situation. Iā€™m surprised you outgrew the ecoboost so quickly lol, I was happy with mine for a while and still was when I got rid of it, but youā€™ll love the V8 for sure.

OP
OP
stannypack

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thatā€™s crazy! Especially since it seems the craziness of places paying so high for used vehicles seems to be slowing down, but congrats. Seems like youā€™re making out pretty well with this whole situation. Iā€™m surprised you outgrew the ecoboost so quickly lol, I was happy with mine for a while and still was when I got rid of it, but youā€™ll love the V8 for sure.
I didn't really "outgrow" my eco, I drove it almost a hundred miles today and loved every second of it. It was more random chance since I saw 0% for 60 months online, stopped at a nearby dealer just for fun and ended up signing spur of the moment since 0% APR is a no brainer, and carmax's offer is just a cherry on top. Hopefully the GT arrives before next weekend or I'll have to get carmax to reappraise it.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
they said I can go find a better offer at carmax if I can
CarMax has been writing really bad deals, but maybe they are turning around in mustang? Dulles location? Your best bet is Koons Toyota in Tysons, you walk in with that offer and you might well talk them up another grand . But Jim Shocky Honda in Maryland nw of the NSA paid me rather well for my f150. So who knows you might get offers from unusual places.

CarMax will remove all mods and throw them in the dumpster out back.

Last edited:

Enis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 taco
Here in Canada we were able to get 22 mustangs for as low as 1.49; and 22F150 for 1.99

Sponsored

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I checked a couple local dealer sites and it looks like the 0% does apply to the Mustang GT but only leftover 2022 cars? Thru 4/3/23
Thatā€™s correct. I purchased my 22 with 0% APR for 60 months but it was a highly optioned special order and dealer discounted it $3k. Iā€™m very happy with my purchase.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
I didn't really "outgrow" my eco, I drove it almost a hundred miles today and loved every second of it. It was more random chance since I saw 0% for 60 months online, stopped at a nearby dealer just for fun and ended up signing spur of the moment since 0% APR is a no brainer, and carmax's offer is just a cherry on top. Hopefully the GT arrives before next weekend or I'll have to get carmax to reappraise it.
Report back on how you like the GT vs the eco.

What color did you get?

Bigred911s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Big Red
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks šŸ‘ The guy who special ordered it had some financial issues pop up and couldnā€™t take the car. I saw it on Fordā€˜s Mustang inventory website and called the dealer the next morning and made an offer which they accepted. Iā€™m so glad I found it. Itā€™s exactly how I would have specā€™d my factory order.
Sponsored